Atlanta Hawks GM disciplined for mentioning his wife was black

Saying that because they're interracial they sometimes face adversity is racially insensitive? lol no, its a fact a lot of people have an issue with interracial couples.

Something racially insensitive would be like " ew an interracial couple? but that person is gross, they aren't white". THAT'S racially insensitive. me saying my gf is white isn't racially insensitive towards whites lol. People are triggered sensitive bitches
Im sure the War Room as a problem with interracial couples.

Like I said, I have no idea how exactly it was said so I didn't judge.

But the OP is quite clear...He thinks because somebody is simply married to a black chick/has black kids...He suddenly can't say anything racist about blacks....and Im simply saying that it isn't true.

Im sure the War Room as a problem with interracial couples.

Like I said, I have no idea how exactly it was said so I didn't judge.

But the OP is quite clear...He thinks because somebody is simply married to a black chick/has black kids...He suddenly can't say anything racist about blacks....and Im simply saying that it isn't true.
What the GM said wasn't racist though (Nothing he said does he imply at all that whites are superior to blacks)

I was testing his anti-PC stance.

He passed. You failed.

keep-calm-and-know-that-you-just-got-trolled.jpg

It's about consistency. Racism doesn't bother me all that much. You can be as racist as you want, but you look terrible when you turn around and complain about the racism of others. Be more self-aware.

I can see how this can be viewed as racist/prejudice but growing up here in the north, 'redneck' just meant you're from the south, whereas people from the north like myself are 'yanks'.

I have plenty of family down South, I gotta ask them about this haha.

It's about consistency. Racism doesn't bother me all that much. You can be as racist as you want, but you look terrible when you turn around and complain about the racism of others. Be more self-aware.

I'll use whatever language I feel like using when I feel like using it because I'm an American and that's my right.

Thanks. Enjoy your troll burn.

You can have a black wife and black kids and do a tasteless racially motivated comment...

I know right wing pussies are going to pretend as if you can't.

I need to hear the full statement to judge tho

How old are you fuckbrodude? Be honest.

Last edited:
I can see how this can be viewed as racist/prejudice but growing up here in the north, 'redneck' just meant you're from the south, whereas people from the north like myself are 'yanks'.

I have plenty of family down South, I gotta ask them about this haha.
People use the term 'redneck' in a disparaging way against white people. I've been called redneck before and I'm this articulate kid from California lol

He is talking about black people being angry and argumentative......the fact that TS is trying to twist it says more about him. Anyone with any sense knows exactly what he is saying.

In his joke he is saying that in addition to having normal family arguments there is a comical clash of cultures/races involved and the kids are a mixture.

How can anyone remotely interpret it as a racial attack on his own children?

Oh yeah liberals have that unique mixture of braindead+social awkwardness+no decency going on.

Last edited:
I'll use whatever language I feel like using when I feel like using it because I'm an American and that's my right.

Thanks. Enjoy your troll burn.

I'm not telling you to not use racist language, of course that's your right. I'm saying that you in particular, who complain about racism, look like a fool after I confront you for using racially charged language and your first defense is to say you were "trolling" (as if that makes it better) and your second defense is to claim that you can use racial slurs if you want to.

By all means, continue, but this is exactly why no one will take you seriously when you accuse people of racism in the future, not to mention the hypocrisy of it. But like I said, by all means, continue.

I'm not telling you to not use racist language, of course that's your right. I'm saying that you in particular, who complain about racism, look like a fool after I confront you for using racially charged language and your first defense is to say you were "trolling" (as if that makes it better) and your second defense is to claim that you can use racial slurs if you want to.

By all means, continue, but this is exactly why no one will take you seriously when you accuse people of racism in the future, not to mention the hypocrisy of it. But like I said, by all means, continue.

The only thing that makes you racist is your intent.

Otherwise it's just words.

People use the term 'redneck' in a disparaging way against white people. I've been called redneck before and I'm this articulate kid from California lol

norcal or socal? it's funny because we'd never call anyone a redneck up here unless jokingly because they would have "southern qualities/habits" (ie. walking around barefoot, overalls etc.).

Another pointless racial issue in America for people to get worked up about.

zg8Vz_s-200x150.gif

Guy who disapproves of racism shows his disapproval with the use of...racist slurs.

I don't know that redneck is a racial slur. A lot of them seem to take pride in it. I understand that the context of the statement in which you responded to would be offensive, but most likely because redneck was equated with being dumb bible thumpers.

I don't agree with that. I know plenty of "rednecks", and most are good people. My sister-in-law, who is black, is married to a redneck who says he's a redneck. Good dude. We get along well. They catch shit for it though, even from family. His family is from Mississippi so some of the elders hate it. Most are good with it.

The Hawks ran their previous GM off (Danny Ferry) all because he was paraphrasing something that a Cavs scout said about a black player. Dude was really good at his job too (he somehow suckered the Nets into taking Joe Johnson's contract and traded Josh Smith).

I don't know that redneck is a racial slur. A lot of them seem to take pride in it. I understand that the context of the statement in which you responded to would be offensive, but most likely because redneck was equated with being dumb bible thumpers.

I don't agree with that. I know plenty of "rednecks", and most are good people. My sister-in-law, who is black, is married to a redneck who says he's a redneck. Good dude. We get along well. They catch shit for it though, even from family. His family is from Mississippi so some of the elders hate it. Most are good with it.

The same can be argued of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/er. Context is everything. Clearly this was not friendly banter.

The same can be argued of :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/er. Context is everything. Clearly this was not friendly banter.

The two terms aren't on the same level, in general. I agree that context matters though.

"chief diversity and inclusion officer" <36>

I have an Asian gf, and we often joke about Asian driving, crazy white men, etc...people need to get a grip these days...

You can have a black wife and black kids and do a tasteless racially motivated comment...

I know right wing pussies are going to pretend as if you can't.

I need to hear the full statement to judge tho

um, it seems the lefties would care not the right...unless i am missing something

norcal or socal? it's funny because we'd never call anyone a redneck up here unless jokingly because they would have "southern qualities/habits" (ie. walking around barefoot, overalls etc.).
Naw it's just a term used and thrown around to be "mean" usually when they're mad. I've been called white boy and redneck quite a few times on the job and it's always from a angry minority. Imagine I did the reverse and called them brown boy or black boy? It's w/e, not a big deal, the whole point though is pointing out the hypocrisy. Words truly do hurt minorities though, but it's ok for them to use it. The logic of it all needs to be challenged more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back