Askren is like a SuperFitch. UFC does not need it.

Askren tools kabob.

and gsp.

ufc cant have that. after dana and bens ridiculous beef.

ufc has far more boring fighters than ben.

like 90% of the womens div.

boring. lay n pray and wrestlefuck.

plenty of fighters fit that description.

ben has 1 decision in his last nine fights.

5 total of 18 fights.

its not about boring .
He is finishing against cans and with all that talent, he should be more exciting by default.

Ive missed most of his fights and never did i think, gee,i gotta catch up.

Wrong

Askren ASKED Bellator to release him so he can sign with the UFC

This is the only reason why he left Bellator
1- Askren was released by bellator

2- he was not offered a contract

3- they waived the right to match, called him one dimensional and declared Ben was a free agent who could sign wherever he wants.

Nothing in my post was "wrong" even if he did ask, which I don't see any proof of anywhere. But if he did, he was still released and not offered a contract and Bellator chose not to match.

Probably not, but the UFC should always actively pursue the best fighters even if they are boring

wasn't Askren getting lit up by a roided Brazilian until a eye poke? Obviously he was going to take over in the later rounds but most top ufc fighters can sprawl and brawl for longer than a round and would probably be able to bully him on the feet.

1- Askren was released by bellator

2- he was not offered a contract

3- they waived the right to match, called him one dimensional and declared Ben was a free agent who could sign wherever he wants.

Nothing in my post was "wrong" even if he did ask, which I don't see any proof of anywhere. But if he did, he was still released and not offered a contract and Bellator chose not to match.

It was wrong in that you made it seem like Bellator released Askren because that was their decision, almost as if Askren was fired.

Askren put in his 2 weeks notice and quit the job to pursue a spot in another org . He was never fired.

TS is a complete fucking idiot. Says wrestling is his favorite discipline but calls Askren boring. Askren is one of the most exciting wrestlers in MMA. If you truly love wrestling you should love seeing the type of moves Askren pulls off in fights.

I'm for Askren in the UFC... wet blanky...

TS is a complete fucking idiot. Says wrestling is his favorite discipline but calls Askren boring. Askren is one of the most exciting wrestlers in MMA. If you truly love wrestling you should love seeing the type of moves Askren pulls off in fights.
Most fans think of wrestling as heavy top control and ground and pound, it's why most people on here think Brock is a wrestling god.

Ben Askren has finished 7 of his last 8 fights.

Lol. Big fish in a very small pond.
EasyHastyGrebe-size_restricted.gif

I'd love to see Askren in the UFC. I think he'll win some fights against top guys. But he won't finish anyone good.

I think as fans we should be interested in seeing the best fighters compete against each other in order to determine who is the best.
Those who can't stand Askren and his style should blame the inferior fighters who can't do a damn thing about what he's doing to them.
These type of " I want excitement, and don't want to see a better fighter, but an exciting one" so called fans is what led to pro wrestling many decades ago.
I would like to see what Askren can do in the UFC.

Of course i respect that all he does is win. And wrestlers are my favorie mma fighters. And wrestling is my favorite MMA discipline.
But all that said, his fights are just too boring, even for me as a huge wrestling supporter.
Would make for boring UFC headliners.
welcome-to-yesterday-final_665x443.jpg

It was wrong in that you made it seem like Bellator released Askren because that was their decision, almost as if Askren was fired.

Askren put in his 2 weeks notice and quit the job to pursue a spot in another org . He was never fired.
I said Bellator released him, which they did, and did not offer him a contract, which they did not.

These are facts. If that hurt your feelings that is on you.

Bellator MMA announced Thursday their long-time champion had been released and is a free agent, able to sign with another promotion.

I really would like to see him against the UFCs best before passing judgement. It’s hard to say how good he really is until then

I said Bellator released him, which they did, and did not offer him a contract, which they did not.

These are facts. If that hurt your feelings that is on you.

Bellator MMA announced Thursday their long-time champion had been released and is a free agent, able to sign with another promotion.
No you are wrong. You stated that Bellator released Ben Askren without offering him a contract, this is just factually false.

If Tyron Woodley asked the UFC to release him you would not say that the "UFC released Woodley without offering him a contract"

You didn't do your research and you are getting called out for it.

You even admitted that you didn't know Askren asked to be released. You didn't even know about the beef him and Dana had after that.

WME has so much fkn money. Us, as the fans, shouldn't have to have any more "what if's". Just sign the fkn guy and see what happens

Ben would likely be the champ within a year. Anyone who doesn't like Ben needs to quit trying to fkup mma and go watch kickboxing

Well I want to watch him fight in the ufc so I’ll just keep wanting that and you can keep telling me some of the obvious reasons why he isn’t fighting in the ufc

When Ben Askren was on free cable on Bellator, I had near zero interest in watching his matches.

Back