Social Asian-American Actors: "Why Won’t Hollywood Cast Actual Asians for Asian Characters in the Script?"

I answered you why.

Bolded.

And I was the first to ask question.

Answer it.

How can this in any way be racist?

There is two possible reasons why you don't answer.

a) You are mentally challenged.
b)You can't admit you are wrong.
You still don't seem to understand what "why" means or how it differs from "what".

Yeah, it is.
Any change, if done because of race, is by definition racism.

No, it's not. It's only racism if the reason for selecting the race is based on the idea that one race is superior to the other.

Every decision based on race isn't about racism. Take the black James Bond argument, for example. Plenty of people think Bond should remain white, while some people don't think the race of the character should matter.

The people who want a permanently white James Bond aren't being racist, their reasons are because they think the character works better with an overtly Scottish appearance in line with the books. It's not because they think white people are better than everyone else. People who think Bond can be a different race aren't being racist, they want more diverse representations of characters, even traditional ones. They don't think white people are inferior to everyone else.

Racism gets thrown around a lot but we have to remember that the basis for "racism" is the belief that one race is inherently superior to another. In that vein, people can discriminate based on race or prefer a specific race without actually being racist.

Its not possible for African Americans to be racist. I hate when people say that when it isnt possible. You should learn what the word means

WTF? Anybody can be a racist including African Americans.

This is one of the stupidest post I've ever read...

No, it's not. It's only racism if the reason for selecting the race is based on the idea that one race is superior to the other.

Every decision based on race isn't about racism. Take the black James Bond argument, for example. Plenty of people think Bond should remain white, while some people don't think the race of the character should matter.

The people who want a permanently white James Bond aren't being racist, their reasons are because they think the character works better with an overtly Scottish appearance in line with the books. It's not because they think white people are better than everyone else. People who think Bond can be a different race aren't being racist, they want more diverse representations of characters, even traditional ones. They don't think white people are inferior to everyone else.

Racism gets thrown around a lot but we have to remember that the basis for "racism" is the belief that one race is inherently superior to another. In that vein, people can discriminate based on race or prefer a specific race without actually being racist.
Yeah, they think white bond is better. Let that sink in a bit, learn how to think, then let us all know how dumb you feel.

So, you admit to being mentally challenged.

What I want and why I want it can be literally be the same thing.
no, they cannot.

When I buy Front Mission game, I don't want to get Armored Core game. Why? Because I want Front Mission game.
If you aren't making Front Mission game, don't call it that.
Same with, if I buy Dir En Grey album, I don't expect to get Malice Mizer album.
No, it has to be because racism in gaming and music industry.

Anyone who thinks that way, sound racist to me.
(Yeah, I called you racist, just making that clear because you probably didn't get it)
Wow, you actually don't know the difference between what and why?

Its not possible for African Americans to be racist. I hate when people say that when it isnt possible. You should learn what the word means
Whatever you want to call it, disliking, insulting, being aggressive toward someone simply based on their race makes you a vile, filthy animal. But please, continue to take pride in the semantics.

I’ve never seen a more clear case of self-delusion.

yeah, because lets ignore 60% of the worlds population and only talk about the 5% that fit the narrative. Even though per capita Asians are overrepresented in film in Hollywood.
If you think we can’t talk about the US film market without talking about the every other market in the world, then I’m sorry, you’re just an idiot.
That goes without saying.

So lets say I want to keep stories true to their original, which I posted in my original post.

I want Chinese to stay Chinese.
Dutch to say Dutch.
Ethiopians to stay Ethiopians.
Eskimos to stay Eskimos.

Who am I racist to exactly?
So the “true to the original” guy doesn’t realize every one of these stories are ridiculously exaggerated and dramatized for the screen? Go find a new principle to stand on. Your’s is crumbling.

(But, no. That of course doesn’t make you a racist)

Never read the books by Flemming. So no idea if Bond is supposed to be Scottish. I thought he was assumed to be English?

My favorite Bond is a toss-up between Dalton and Moore. Dalton definietley played the brooding dark James Bond the best. What I liked about Batman Begins, was the dark serious persona of Batman and the movie. The other Batman movies seemed too cartoonish or PG13ish.

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it seems that in my opinion, hollywood views asian features as less attractive than western features. people in general, from every race, would rather see western features in their actors, hence why you have western actors playing asian roles to give those asian roles western features. don't mean to offend anyone, am simply saying it how i see it.

Never read the books by Flemming. So no idea if Bond is supposed to be Scottish. I thought he was assumed to be English?

My favorite Bond is a toss-up between Dalton and Moore. Dalton definietley played the brooding dark James Bond the best. What I liked about Batman Begins, was the dark serious persona of Batman and the movie. The other Batman movies seemed too cartoonish or PG13ish.

I read some of the books but the posters here constantly reference his Scottish heritage as a reason to maintain a specific ethnic look.

Yeah, they think white bond is better. Let that sink in a bit, learn how to think, then let us all know how dumb you feel.

They think white Bond is better because white people are better? Please think that through and then let me know if that changes your post.

In a true fair ,non racist admission process. they should be over represented if the work ethic and or grades/application warrant it.

The whole..
“Judged by content not color thingy”

“over represented by merit”
merit: the quality of being good and deserving praise

Lol, by your own words...they deserve to be where they are in the academic pecking order.

To deny them admission in order to admit less qualified and less represented ethnic groups is the very definition of

Systematic oppression:

Institutional Oppression is the systematic mistreatment of people within a social identity group, supported and enforced by the society and its institutions, solely based on the person's membership in the social identity group.

..but back to the Asian admissions problem.

I’ve posted plenty off supporting info to show you that there is definitely a problem in which you said didn’t exist.

academically-speaking, you are correct. solely based on that, there should be mostly jews and asians in colleges. whether fair or not, colleges don't simply look at your grade scores to decide who enters their colleges. they value diversity, so that they have a balanced demographic. if it's a private school, i have no problems with that. if it's a public school, then i do have a problem with it.

academically-speaking, you are correct. solely based on that, there should be mostly jews and asians in colleges. whether fair or not, colleges don't simply look at your grade scores to decide who enters their colleges. they value diversity, so that they have a balanced demographic. if it's a private school, i have no problems with that. if it's a public school, then i do have a problem with it.

Even a public university should value diversity in it's student body make up, so long as that diversity isn't about racial diversity. Economic diversity, parental education diversity, extracurricular diversity, state of origin diversity, educational background diversity, etc.

They think white Bond is better because white people are better? Please think that through and then let me know if that changes your post.
The people against Elba being Bond are doing it because they see only white men as a representation of modern British masculinity. Making their decision not upon merit, but on race is the definition of racism.

The people against Elba being Bond are doing it because they see only white men as a representation of modern British masculinity. Making their decision not upon merit, but on race is the definition of racism.

But making a decision based on race is not the definition of racism. Which is the point I keep trying to reiterate. Making a decision because you believe that one race is better than the other race is racism. Preferring a white Bond because a white actor is a better representation of the James Bond character is not racism. Racism is preferring a white Bond because white people, as a group, are superior to other ethnic/racial groups. Not just for the role of James Bond but in the entirety of the arts.

Not racist: This role of a Scottish Secret Agent is more believable with a white person since most Scottish people are white and the character is white in the source material.

Racist: Non-white people aren't as good at acting as white people so we should not cast them in movies, including, but not limited to, James Bond movies.

But making a decision based on race is not the definition of racism.
It is one of the standard definitions though. Discrimination(choices) based on race.

Which is the point I keep trying to reiterate.
Reiteration doesn't make the point more valid.
Making a decision because you believe that one race is better than the other race is racism.
Indeed
Preferring a white Bond because a white actor is a better representation of the James Bond character is not racism.
Depends on why you think a white character better represents the character.
Racism is preferring a white Bond because white people, as a group, are superior to other ethnic/racial groups. Not just for the role of James Bond but in the entirety of the arts.
Yes, but not exclusively.

Not racist
: This role of a Scottish Secret Agent is more believable with a white person since most Scottish people are white and the character is white in the source material.
Nope. If the story is of a time where the Scottish(IE Brave-heart) were all white sure, but the role is British not Scottish, and the British are multi cultural.

: Non-white people aren't as good at acting as white people so we should not cast them in movies, including, but not limited to, James Bond movies.
Yes that would also qualify.

Rufio.png

Rufio Rufio RU FI OOOOOOO

Btw guys did you know that the hero (Rico) from Starship Troopers was supposed to be a Filipino?
RiffTrax-_Casper_Van_Dien_as_Johnny_Rico_in_Starship_Troopers.jpg

It is one of the standard definitions though. Discrimination(choices) based on race.

That isn't the standard definition though. The standard definition requires a belief in racial superiority. Absent the superiority/inferiority component, it's just racial discrimination.

It's an important distinction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back