A's Catcher Bruce Maxwell Testing Limits Kneels For National Anthem

The point is to get people to talk about it...which they are.

I know people are talking about it. I'm 40 years old and this is something that we grew up discussing. Nothing has changed.
If anything there is a greater schism now. I think there is more racial animosity than there was 30-40 years ago.

Just reminds me of an ALS ice bucket challenge. Cool today, gone tomorrow.

If these guys weren't attention seeking whores, they might actually walk out and refuse to play a game. Some of them have already made millions of dollars and shouldn't need the paycheck. If they were going to do something like that, I would be more inclined to believe that they and their cause is more genuine. That would get people's attention.

If these guys weren't attention seeking whores,

Trump is the epitomy of an attention seeking whore.

I honestly feel sorry for the kids growing up with Trump as the only president they know. A whiney fucking cry baby who likes to engage in twitter wars at 3am. It must be a head fuck for the poor kids who will see Trump as the leader of the free world. A braggart who talks about grabbing womens genitals. Sad.

Not sure why exercising personal freedoms equals 'testing limits"

Trump is the epitomy of an attention seeking whore.

I honestly feel sorry for the kids growing up with Trump as the only president they know. A whiney fucking cry baby who likes to engage in twitter wars at 3am. It must be a head fuck for the poor kids who will see Trump as the leader of the free world. A braggart who talks about grabbing womens genitals. Sad.

I like chocolate.

Are we just throwing out random comments? I thought we were talking about athletes who've knelt during the anthem.

Yes, Trump is an idiot. Almost everyone realizes that, unfortunately his competition during the election was an old lying cunt. I honestly don't know which candidate was worse and I think it is shameful that the American people allowed these two morons to be the head of their respective parties.

Now, how about these athletes kneeling, are they accomplishing anything? Have they organized any future dialogue with the powers that be? What is their plan? I honestly don't get it.

Dude's a 26 year old rookie hitting .244 for a shit team. Hope he enjoys his 15 seconds of fame.

You don't judge a catcher by his batting average in 200 ABs. I mean, it's generally dumb to judge anyone by their BA in any length of time, but it's particularly bad when you're looking at a really small sample size and someone in a defense-first position (where even decent secondary offensive skills could put him above average offensively).

Last edited:
I like chocolate.

Are we just throwing out random comments? I thought we were talking about athletes who've knelt during the anthem.

Yes, Trump is an idiot. Almost everyone realizes that, unfortunately his competition during the election was an old lying cunt. I honestly don't know which candidate was worse and I think it is shameful that the American people allowed these two morons to be the head of their respective parties.

Now, how about these athletes kneeling, are they accomplishing anything? Have they organized any future dialogue with the powers that be? What is their plan? I honestly don't get it.

Every single news source is talking about it, pretty much everyone in America is talking about it. I would say they are accomplishing a lot. They are combating the divisive rhetoric by our joke in chief. Ironic that Trump praises Nascar but talks shit about basketball and football. Could the guy be more divisive?

In before, but but but, Obama

He's not unAmerican just offensive and disrespectful

I don't feel it's un-american, offensive, or disrespectful. Just more pointless than anything. If these athletes really wanted to make a difference come together and start a fund and start raising money to change the laws to improve things. Also throw in some of millions your getting paid as well.

I read about a dad who basically spent all the money he made and then some after the wrongful death of his son to get things changed for the better.

Ok.... Now what. Time for the next step in this calculated process.

What is the next step? I think constantly having it out there and being talked about is great and maybe that is all these players want. How abhorrent right? Quality discussion is so offensive lol. So many snowflakes on the right it's hilarious

I don't feel it's un-american, offensive, or disrespectful. Just more pointless than anything. If these athletes really wanted to make a difference come together and start a fund and start raising money to change the laws to improve things. Also throw in some of millions your getting paid as well.

I read about a dad who basically spent all the money he made and then some after the wrongful death of his son to get things changed for the better.

I love how people try and tell these players how they should protest. If it is so pointless why are so many right wingers needing safe spaces? I would say it is working quite well considering everyone is talking about it

Ok.... Now what. Time for the next step in this calculated process.
Do you think there is some magical, easy solution to the problems of racism and the legal system in this country?
You, and others are expecting this clear plan to be executed. There isn't one. There is no calculated process.
The first step is to have the conversation. When the president and a lot of others, including the ones who actually have the power to change shit are saying "there is no problem ", then it's going to be hard to move on to "now what"
There are no simple answers here. Especially when there's a lot of people that don't give a shit, and don't care to actually listen to, or solve any problems.

I love how people try and tell these players how they should protest. If it is so pointless why are so many right wingers needing safe spaces? I would say it is working quite well considering everyone is talking about it

Talking about is great. That's all we do these days though. We talk about a subject and talk and keep talking. Then something else happens and we all forget about that and move on without anything ever changing. That's why I brought up the story about the dad because with all his money he was able to make real change and he did it basically by himself. Now imagine a bunch of millionaires coming together and doing what that dad did? They could get a lot of change made that way.

If this is all they want to do I guess go ahead and do it. I just have little faith in this accomplishing anything other than people whining about it.

Talking about is great. That's all we do these days though. We talk about a subject and talk and keep talking. Then something else happens and we all forget about that and move on without anything ever changing. That's why I brought up the story about the dad because with all his money he was able to make real change and he did it basically by himself. Now imagine a bunch of millionaires coming together and doing what that dad did? They could get a lot of change made that way.

If this is all they want to do I guess go ahead and do it. I just have little faith in this accomplishing anything other than people whining about it.

Colin Kaepernick just donated almost a million dollars to his community. NFL players and athletes in general donate hundreds of millions of dollars every year quietly in their hometowns. I would say they are as patriotic as anyone else in this country.

Not sure why exercising personal freedoms equals 'testing limits"
Because he wants to see how far those limits extend. It's extremely predictable human behavior. When I give my kids more freedom, I know that early on they will push to see how far that freedom extends.

The limit this athlete is testing is whether or not MLB will allow him to express himself in this way while in uniform at a game. I'm guessing they won't, but who knows anymore.

Colin Kaepernick just donated almost a million dollars to his community. NFL players and athletes in general donate hundreds of millions of dollars every year quietly in their hometowns. I would say they are as patriotic as anyone else in this country.
There is no doubt that Kaepernick is charitable. I think he has some very good qualities and should be praised for them when applicable. There's equally no doubt he is unpatriotic.

Because he wants to see how far those limits extend. It's extremely predictable human behavior. When I give my kids more freedom, I know that early on they will push to see how far that freedom extends.

The limit this athlete is testing is whether or not MLB will allow him to express himself in this way while in uniform at a game. I'm guessing they won't, but who knows anymore.

Such actions are not like a kid asking for ice cream for breakfast.

I know people are talking about it. I'm 40 years old and this is something that we grew up discussing. Nothing has changed.
If anything there is a greater schism now. I think there is more racial animosity than there was 30-40 years ago.

Just reminds me of an ALS ice bucket challenge. Cool today, gone tomorrow.

If these guys weren't attention seeking whores, they might actually walk out and refuse to play a game. Some of them have already made millions of dollars and shouldn't need the paycheck. If they were going to do something like that, I would be more inclined to believe that they and their cause is more genuine. That would get people's attention.
What? Not showing up to work would do nothing.
That would only work if they did it in mass, and there would have to be a defined end goal. They still have to work and put food on the table. People would forget about them in a few weeks
There isn't a defined goal because this is a large and complicated problem.

This is nothing like the ALS change. A black person is black everyday. The problem isn't going to disappear out of sight for them.
People like you are exactly why they do these protests. You're calling them attention whores, and basically saying they have no argument. What reaction would you expect? You think people are going to stop complaining about getting discriminated against?

And It isn't an accident that shitstorms increased when a moron like Trump was elected into office. This isn't even a pure left vs right thing at all. I really barely even think of Trump as a Republican, let alone a politican. Any other Republican could have won the race instead of Trump, and they wouldn't of said all the dumb shit that he's said that has helped throw gas on this fire

There is no doubt that Kaepernick is charitable. I think he has some very good qualities and should be praised for them when applicable. There's equally no doubt he is unpatriotic.

He is patriotic. He is using the 1st amendment in the way it was meant to be used. Peaceful protest. The flag does not just belong to members of the military, it belongs to all of us. These players would be demonized if they protested violently and they are demonized when they protest peacefully.

Being a patriot is not blindly following behind a flag.
Why the hell do people keep going back to complaining about the "disrespect" shown to a piece of freaking cloth and not the spirit in which this country should be about?
A patriot doesn't roll over and let their country go to shit. They challenge their country to do better

Do you think there is some magical, easy solution to the problems of racism and the legal system in this country?
You, and others are expecting this clear plan to be executed. There isn't one. There is no calculated process.
The first step is to have the conversation. When the president and a lot of others, including the ones who actually have the power to change shit are saying "there is no problem ", then it's going to be hard to move on to "now what"
There are no simple answers here. Especially when there's a lot of people that don't give a shit, and don't care to actually listen to, or solve any problems.

What am I going to solve? I take care of the people around me. The world is complicated.

If people said we need to solve the inner city problem, I'd get it. But it's all about race somehow. As if a black guy in a cubicle will be discriminated against the same way a black guy with gold teeth and a neck tattoo would. But they're both black and face the same challenges. Riiiiight... I don't think so. I'll be looking over my shoulder with one of these guys, but not both. So it seems to me that the race card is misunderstood and overplayed.

Once again... the world is complicated. But most minds are simple, unfortunately.

I would expect some sort of plan. Or at the very least... a goal? How could that be too much to ask for? I don't even know what I'm trying to evaluate here. This is like the Wall Street thing. Not even a motivated person in power would have any idea what the hell anyone wanted or what to do about it. This isn't Muhammad Ali refusing to fight Vietnamese, this isn't MLK fighting legislated discrimination in the South. This is completely unquantified.

So yeah, that sort of bothers me. So does the president... but Lebron calling him a bum on twitter isn't going to change the world.

What is the next step? I think constantly having it out there and being talked about is great and maybe that is all these players want. How abhorrent right? Quality discussion is so offensive lol. So many snowflakes on the right it's hilarious

I'm not on the right. Am I supposed to call you a snowflake cuck now for assuming I'm the devil? Not sure how it works, let me know. Do I say "lol" now? lol rofl at you. there.

Back