A's Catcher Bruce Maxwell Testing Limits Kneels For National Anthem

Those aren't just good for blacks, they're good for ALL LIVES.

200_s.gif

Ridiculous list of demands?
Do you even know what the demands are? Who said magic will happen? It's a fucking process. It isn't going to change over night
The problem with law enforcement, and black problems are not fucking intertwined as one. Blacks killing blacks doesn't erase or excuse cops killing and arresting blacks at higher rates, and courts giving them longer and harsher prison sentences than their white counterparts.

"demands include swift and transparent legal investigation of all police shootings of black people; official governmental tracking of the number of citizens killed by police, disaggregated by race; the demilitarization of local police forces; and community accountability mechanisms for rogue police officers."

Wow. Look at all those ridiculous demands!
Those aren't just good for blacks, they're good for ALL LIVES.

I agree there needs be reforms to policing and that is not going to happen overnight. In the meantime, BLM people might want to think about a list of demands for troubled black communities that hold them accountable for the types of behaviour that increase interactions with the police.

One major problem I have with race-hustling groups like BLM is that they want to place demands on everyone else but themselves. They to feel entitled to make demands, but they refuse to place any demands on themselves. They want rights without having to take on any responsibilities. Of course, this entitlement mentality of rights with no responsibilities is a problem that extends far beyond just BLM.

BLM has a list of demands, but what are they going to do to meet the people they are placing these demands on halfway? Imposing demands, but having no expectations on oneself is not going to work out very well.

I suggest BLM place a list of the responsibilities they are going to take on beside their list of demands.

I'm down with any reasonable demands. It's hard to keep track, so I don't know. Race-based shit gets really loud and unreasonable very quickly. The twitterverse has destroyed the planet. Even Sherdog is better than twitter.

This is why I default to taking care of the people around me. Even the ones who have brown skin. :p

Part of the problem is that this NFL movement began with Kaepernick, rather than an elder statesman like Demarcus Ware or someone who had respect beforehand.

Anyhoo.... "There's going to be dummies and extremists in every large group. They don't represent the whole"
As if level-headed people will ever again achieve the numbers necessary to gain control of anything. Bunch of parent-less little bastards of all colors running around out there, ready to refill the ranks of the idiots at any moment. :mad:
But the problem is is that nobody is listening to anybody. And it is all right there to be seen. Again, i don't even live in the states...haven't for about 7 years, and i feel more educated on this topic than a lot of people i talk to from back home.

The reasonable demands have been there. People are just fucking retarded and immediately go to their right vs left, black vs white mode.
BLM intentionally dont have a single leader, or rely on an elder statesman figure because they actually try to make the movement inclusive. And the old black/civil rights leaders have different ideas on organization than the younger ones. Having a guy like Kaepernick start this is actually exactly in line with what BLM wants

But yea, i have little faith in much getting resolved. People don't bother to take 5 minutes to just read a wiki page or something to understand what they're arguing against

But yea, i have little faith in much getting resolved. People don't bother to take 5 minutes to just read a wiki page or something to understand what they're arguing against

Whatever it is, it's all being redefined this week due to Trump jumping into the matter. It's as if it all started yesterday.

I gotta be honest. No matter what I read, I'm still confused on the matter. Everyone gets to put their 2 cents into the shitterverse. Too many people with keyboards, megaphones and opinions. Plus I hate identity groups in the first place which clouds the whole thing for me. I judge each person as themselves. I know, crazy. Fuck your culture, and fuck mine too.

I agree there needs be reforms to policing and that is not going to happen overnight. In the meantime, BLM people might want to think about a list of demands for troubled black communities that hold them accountable for the types of behaviour that increase interactions with the police.

One major problem I have with race-hustling groups like BLM is that they want to place demands on everyone else but themselves. They to feel entitled to make demands, but they refuse to place any demands on themselves. They want rights without having to take on any responsibilities. Of course, this entitlement mentality of rights with no responsibilities is a problem that extends far beyond just BLM.

BLM has a list of demands, but what are they going to do to meet the people they are placing these demands on halfway? Imposing demands, but having no expectations on oneself is not going to work out very well.

I suggest BLM place a list of the responsibilities they are going to take on beside their list of demands.
Why are you pairing these issues together?
They don't make one another. You think blacks don't know that there are massive problems in the black community? WE KNOW THIS. It doesn't erase or excuse the GOVERNMENT from discriminating certain groups of citizens.
"In the meantime "? Reforms to policing CAN happen overnight. Literally.
We can most definitely change police protocol and engagement rules. Require reports be kept. Body cams. Stop giving them military grade weaponry. All this can literally happen overnight.

Again, why the hell are you combining the 2 issues? This isn't a barter.
The GOVERNMENT has a responsibility to its people. The police are literally charged with the duty to "protect and serve " It isn't "We'll protect and serve if you....."

You're calling BLM "race hustlers" and you don't even know what it is they want. I just posted up all reasonable demands.
Blacks aren't inherently more prone to crime than other races. Blacks are more likely to be poor, live in shit neighborhoods, go to shit schools, get targeted and arrested by cops, and there you have a nice little circle of crime. The discrimination is a big part of the problem

Whatever it is, it's all being redefined this week due to Trump jumping into the matter. It's as if it all started yesterday.

I gotta be honest. No matter what I read, I'm still confused on the matter. Everyone gets to put their 2 cents into the shitterverse. Too many people with keyboards, megaphones and opinions. Plus I hate identity groups in the first place which clouds the whole thing for me. I judge each person as themselves. I know, crazy. Fuck your culture, and fuck mine too.
The world would be a much better place if more people did this
Unfortunately, many are incapable of it

"Using a publicly-available version of PredPol's algorithm, researchers Isaac and Kristian Lum used 2010 arrest data from Oakland to predict where crimes would occur in 2011. To compare that map with what's actually going down in Oakland, researchers used data from the Census and the National Crime Victimization Survey to create a heat map showing where drug use in the city was most prevalent in 2011.

In an ideal world, the maps would be similar. But in fact, PredPol directed police to black neighborhoods like West Oakland and International Boulevard instead of zeroing in on where drug crime actually occurred. Predominantly white neighborhoods like Rockridge and Piedmont got a pass, even though white people use illicit drugs at higher rates than minorities.

To see how actual police practices in Oakland matched up with PredPol's recommendations, researchers also compared PredPol's map to a map of where Oakland Police arrested people for drug crimes. The maps were strikingly similar. Regardless of where crime is happening, predominantly black neighborhoods have about 200 times more drug arrests than other Oakland neighborhoods. In other words, police in Oakland are already doing what PredPol's map suggested — over-policing black neighborhoods — rather than zeroing in on where drug crime is happening.

"If you were to look at the data and where they're finding drug crime, it's not the same thing as where the drug crime actually is," Lum said in an interview. "Drug crime is everywhere, but police only find it where they're looking.""
"Because PredPol's algorithm uses reported crime and arrests to generate a heat map — as opposed to where crime actually occurs — its recommendations can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. When officers are dispatched to neighborhoods where police already make a lot of arrests, they make even more, creating a feedback loop.

In a second experiment, Isaac and Lum hypothesized that sending police to neighborhoods chosen by the algorithm would lead to a jump in reported crime by 20%. The researchers fed that 20% increase in arrests back into the algorithm. The algorithm became orders of magnitude more confident that its predictions were correct.

"If police go there and find more crime, it creates a feedback loop, and the algorithm becomes more certain about these places that are over-policed," Lum said."
Crime-prediction tool may be reinforcing discriminatory policing

If you do it out in th street to show how cool you are, or at the gas station during the day, it ruins areas and cops pay more attention. We smoked weed in basements and sold it very privately, we didn't make our area loom like shit with it. Houses where the dude was selling weed has nice yards and looked nice, they werent your urban "drug house" where people were being as loud as possible with people getting shot around it. There is much more violence surrounding drugs in the city than the burbs. Appearance matters.

They don't make one another. You think blacks don't know that there are massive problems in the black community? WE KNOW THIS. It doesn't erase or excuse the GOVERNMENT from discriminating certain groups of citizens.
We can most definitely change police protocol and engagement rules. Require reports be kept. Body cams. Stop giving them military grade weaponry. All this can literally happen overnight.

The GOVERNMENT has a responsibility to its people. The police are literally charged with the duty to "protect and serve " It isn't "We'll protect and serve if you....."

You're calling BLM "race hustlers" and you don't even know what it is they want. I just posted up all reasonable demands.
Blacks aren't inherently more prone to crime than other races. Blacks are more likely to be poor, live in shit neighborhoods, go to shit schools, get targeted and arrested by cops, and there you have a nice little circle of crime. The discrimination is a big part of the problem

You are too optimistic when it comes to social change and human nature. Social Change is a process that takes time and it does NOT happen over night.

Troubled black communities have a choice. They can wait on flawed institutions like the government and police to change or they can work at changing their own behaviour and working towards improving their own lives. I strongly believe troubled black communities have a much better chance at changing for the better before the government and police change anything. It will take an almost puritanical movement to get there.

I still think Malcolm X is one of the best examples to follow. He was big on moral reformation something a lot of people overlook about him:

If you do it out in th street to show how cool you are, or at the gas station during the day, it ruins areas and cops pay more attention. We smoked weed in basements and sold it very privately, we didn't make our area loom like shit with it. Houses where the dude was selling weed has nice yards and looked nice, they werent your urban "drug house" where people were being as loud as possible with people getting shot around it. There is much more violence surrounding drugs in the city than the burbs. Appearance matters.
Do you realize what you just said?
This whole post boils down to, ok, so there's systemic injustice, but it's alright when we do it. You should probably just stop there.

@SmilinDesperado

More on Malcolm X:

Louis Farrakhan said in a speech in 1990, and went on:

"I never saw Malcolm smoke. I never saw Malcolm take a drink ... He ate one meal a day. He got up at 5 o’clock in the morning to say his prayers ... I never heard Malcolm cuss. I never saw Malcolm wink at a woman Malcolm was like a clock."

Farrakhan’s sentiments are echoed by an FBI informant, one of many who, by the late 1950s, had infiltrated the Nation of Islam at the highest levels:

"Brother Malcolm … is an expert organizer and an untiring worker … He is fearless and cannot be intimidated … He has most of the answers at his fingertips and should be carefully dealt with. He is not likely to violate any ordinances or laws. He neither smokes nor drinks and is of high moral character."

source:
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2011/05/the-legacy-of-malcolm-x/308438/

Do you realize what you just said?
This whole post boils down to, ok, so there's systemic injustice, but it's alright when we do it. You should probably just stop there.

No.. That's not what I said at all.

Sadly, the ones who need to hear this message, especially the last part, have long ago armoured themselves in propaganda against it or we wouldn't be where we are today.

As long as extremists have the loudest most well organized meme machines on social media, we'll have to hear about how passive protests is insulting America, how multiculturalism is bad, and how freedom is the most important thing as long as you're not one of "them", and how systemic racism is being against political correctness.

Yes. It is. You did not attempt to refute my source.

If one house has 6 people smoking weed inside, and they are quiet (enough) and know not to make a scene to upset the neighbors (we thought about that stuff even as young teens) then there is less chance of getting arrested for drugs than if people are standing out in the middle of the street acting like fucking morons, fighting, and even shooting at each other. Do you see how 6 people smoking weed in a house can either be no big deal, or completely fuck up a neighborhood?

Last edited:
That's what I thought. Run into somebody that will tell the truth and bye bye.

Back