Artur Beterbiev fight collapses AGAIN

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
He was supposed to fight an IBF eliminator against a German fighter on July 29th. But Yvon Michel fucked him because Beterbiev wants to leave GYM. Last time he fought was December 2016.

I feel really bad for Artur, he's twice the fighter Joe Smith Jr. is yet he hasn't been able to even land a ShoBox level fight, meanwhile Smith Jr. has had 3 high profile fights in a row. Sadly i don't think Beterbiev's career will go anywhere because there are so many options at 175 and he's already 33.

This is the one of the more egregious examples of mismanaging a fighter's career i've seen in some time.

http://www.boxingscene.com/beterbiev-gym-continue-war-words-koelling-bout-crumbles--118473

He'd be a perfect fit for Kovalev. Rock 'em Sock 'em.

He'd be a perfect fit for Kovalev. Rock 'em Sock 'em.

I think he beats Kovalev if he can get passed the jab. I know in the amateurs Beterbiev beat Kovalev a few times, Kovalev went pro because he wasn't good enough for the elite amateur level in Russia.

Could do, but either way, that's a can't miss train wreck.

I will never get why fighters start talking about fighting for other promoters while they are under contract with someone else. Finish out your legal contract first.

I will never get why fighters start talking about fighting for other promoters while they are under contract with someone else. Finish out your legal contract first.

Beterbiev was being mismanaged horribly. He certainly didn't help himself though, if you want to take your promoter to court be prepared to be out of the game for 1-2 yrs.

Better Still... Adonis Stevenson would be good for Beterbiev, and I think GYM still has some sort of stake in him as well don't they?

Better Still... Adonis Stevenson would be good for Beterbiev, and I think GYM still has some sort of stake in him as well don't they?

I think GYM was attempting to build up to that fight. Ain't happening now, Beterbiev seems set on fighting them in court.

Back