Article on discrimination against women suggests it's all men.

Phlog

Sgt Sprinkles
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...to-change-our-work-and-life-culture?CMP=fb_gu

What's the difference between saying x applies to all men and x applies to all Jews?

Because I'm totally on board with all but one of the points there. It says don't be a twat and then says it doesn't matter if you're not doing these things, because you're a man and therfore must be.

Is this like original sin?

I can't even imagine publishing a list of points to all women, or all blacks, or all whites or all people because it's obvious to me that it's offensive to do so.

So why is it OK to say all men when I know of guys that totally doesn't apply to?

Why does a solid, good, empowering messege need to shame people on the basis of their gender?

Fuck this all men shit makes me want to smack some bitches. It feels like racism.

They want to create a large divide thus creating more homosexuality.

Islam will solve this problem eventually.

You have to wonder why the highest paid female CEO in america was a man. If women are so good, then why did women vote a man as woman of the year?

From the article:
"Learn to read a fucking room."

Well since you asked so politely...

<JagsKiddingMe>

Edit: Followed up with a "Don’t read a list like this and think that most of these don’t apply to you."

<{vega}>

TS and a lot of posters need to learn not to let the ranting of dumb people bother them. There are a lot of dumb and hypocritical people out there.

A good rule of thumb is if a person seems reasonable, reason with them. If they seem unreasonable, don't try to reason with them. Instead troll/laugh at them.

An unreasonable person won't budge on their stupid argument anyway so you might as well get a few laughs out of the ordeal.

"Do you feel that any woman on earth owes you something? She doesn’t. Even if you’re like, 'Hm, but what about basic respect?' ask yourself if you’ve shown her the same."

Fine, you don't want to show basic human respect? Cool, but don't expect any in return. And then we turn to these little gems...

"Be aware of your inherent power in situations and use it to protect women, especially via talking to other men." AND "If women’s pain makes you feel pain, don’t prize your pain above hers, or make that pain her problem."

Remember when the author said that no one owes you anything? You were absolutely right, Nicole Silverberg. Deal with it. No one is going to protect you, treat you with any shred of respect that you haven't earned, come running to help you with your "pain," or do a goddamn thing for you. You want to be treated like a little princess? Then you will live under the king's rule. But if you want to be in charge of your own life, which I suggest that you do, then you will pay the cost of being the boss.

Last edited:
TS and a lot of posters need to learn not to let the ranting of dumb people bother them. There are a lot of dumb and hypocritical

The women who posted this is a friend of mine and pretty smart. She teaches college age kids. The ranting of such kinda matters.

Let me put it another way to you. If someone is being a fucking racist about you, is the advice to not be bothered by it because they're just dumb?

No racism has to be called out. It is an attack. You're suggesting turning the other cheek, didn't know you were such a commie.

Listen to her when she says no, but not when she says yes. Lololol bitches be crazy

I read the list and thought that most don’t apply to me. Guess I’m doing it wrong.

<Fedor23>

The women who posted this is a friend of mine and pretty smart. She teaches college age kids. The ranting of such kinda matters.

Let me put it another way to you. If someone is being a fucking racist about you, is the advice to not be bothered by it because they're just dumb?

No racism has to be called out. It is an attack. You're suggesting turning the other cheek, didn't know you were such a commie.
I think he's saying that he knows a lost cause when he sees it. You're not going to convince a Nazi that multiculturalism is a good thing, and you're not going to convince a Communist that individual property rights are worthy of protection by the government. But you can absolutely use humor as a means of showing the rest of the world what a fucking dumbass that person is for believing in those things, and by doing so, ensure that other people aren't swept up in their brand of nonsense. Am I getting at something, @Horse Style ?

I'm not reading that garbage.

Women, especially white women, have it better than the vast majority of men in America.

I don’t see how addressing men can be compared to racism. Especially since this article sees men as the ones with power, and asking them to do good with that power. Meh.

From the article:

<JagsKiddingMe>

Edit: Followed up with a "Don’t read a list like this and think that most of these don’t apply to you."

<{vega}>
The whole list is contradictory and made to incite certain males into acting like assholes over it. Best to just chalk it up to a radical looking for validation.

I think he's saying that he knows a lost cause when he sees it. You're not going to convince a Nazi that multiculturalism is a good thing, and you're not going to convince a Communist that individual property rights are worthy of protection by the government. But you can absolutely use humor as a means of showing the rest of the world what a fucking dumbass that person is for believing in those things, and by doing so, ensure that other people aren't swept up in their brand of nonsense. Am I getting at something, @Horse Style ?
Yep, spot on.

You're better at explaining things than I am

If a guy wrote an article like this there'd be death threats...

The ones about it not being an article but rather a bunch of dot points would be well deserved.

I don’t see how addressing men can be compared to racism. Especially since this article sees men as the ones with power, and asking them to do good with that power. Meh.

Racism is defined as prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

The article is prejudice on the basis of gender. It's assumption of negative traits on the basis of a biological categorisation.

How is that different?

Why do men have power? I would argue that the balance of power in contemporary society is pretty well divided today.

From the article:

<JagsKiddingMe>

<{vega}>
What is a fucking room though.

Good lord, why is she so angry?

Back