Article on discrimination against women suggests it's all men.

I don’t see how addressing men can be compared to racism. Especially since this article sees men as the ones with power, and asking them to do good with that power. Meh.
While I think a discussion needs to be had and society, in general, needs to be reminded of niceties, it does become demeaning when it is delivered as a lecture and sounds like it is an audience of children on the receiving end who need to just 'follow' this list without question and shut up.

Re-read the article again and ask yourself it the tone would work if it was a list of what men 'need' women to do and it was delivered that way.

I don’t see how addressing men can be compared to racism. Especially since this article sees men as the ones with power, and asking them to do good with that power. Meh.
It's the same tactic many racists use.
For example: "blacks are irrational and inherently violent." Some people, not realizing they have been played, then proceed to comment back with violence in mind to the author, thus "validating" the author's entire premise.

It's an old well-used tactic. Best to ignore these type of articles all together. Or laugh at them.

Sure u could compare this to racism but who cares. This is just some random bovine with an opinion

I'm only concerned if someone in a position of power is biased towards me or others . Joe schmo's views. don't do to any meaningful harm to any of us.

Do you feel that any woman on earth owes you something? She doesn’t. Even if you’re like, “Hm, but what about basic respect?” ask yourself if you’ve shown her the same.
Is a contradiction of itself.

I think the ironic thing is that both sides of this endless debate not seem to realise that there actually the problem. You get a self entitled guy looking for easy sex and the chances are he's going to end up with an equally self entitled girl and both of them are going to end up taking there experience to mean the other sex is only made up of assholes so not worthy of respect. Meanwhile the more normal non asshole people end up in more normal functioning relationships because they walk away from assholes.

As far as the guardian article goes I mean there is some merit to the idea that we do tend to let sexism slide rather more easily than we would racism but some of that stuff is a little silly, never ask someone for a date twice? I mean badgering someone endlessly is creepy but if men never asked for more than one date how many existing marriages would have taken place?

The thread title was misleading. All this article did was bitch about all the things men do in a professional setting that women don't like.

Look, women are discriminated against. It is naive to think they are not. Some of that discrimination may or may not be justified. For instance, a woman is 100% more likely than a man to get pregnant and have to take time off to have a baby. At the same time, much of the discrimination is simply not justified. And women discriminate against women too. So this article is shit. It's really just about what makes women uncomfortable.

This is the honest to God truth. I tell my girl everyday that women are only good for 3 things. Cooking, cleaning & sucking dick. She has yet to prove me wrong

The thread title was misleading. All this article did was bitch about all the things men do in a professional setting that women don't like.

Look, women are discriminated against. It is naive to think they are not. Some of that discrimination may or may not be justified. For instance, a woman is 100% more likely than a man to get pregnant and have to take time off to have a baby. At the same time, much of the discrimination is simply not justified. And women discriminate against women too. So this article is shit. It's really just about what makes women uncomfortable.

Honestly something like responding badly to criticism is pretty universal in my experience, maybe women might be slightly less likely to do so but a hell of a lot obviously still do.

Honestly something like responding badly to criticism is pretty universal in my experience, maybe women might be slightly less likely to do so but a hell of a lot obviously still do.

Yeah, nobody likes to be criticize. Everyone is guilty.

it's meant to be digestible piece for dudes wanting to take seriously issues of gender inequality. I dont see an attempt to essentialize all men. I see an attempt to be broad enough to engage dudes wanting to actually treat women better.

Guys might feel contemporary culture is suddenly anti-masculine...the echo chambers of mass media can do that. I'd note that Western history is, by and large, thoroughly patriarchal and that almost all economic and social data collected continues to point to double standards and inequality between men and women. Tides are shifting, no doubt, but I suspect we'll never see a total change... but history never shifts subtly. Ideology tends to shift radically.

Cliffs:
According to that article Women are the most childish and stupid motherfuckers to walk the planet, and shouldn't be trusted to make any decision about anything whatsoever.

But does that matter after all?
Workout_37e7d9_5391743.gif

victoria-moore.gif

@pcptornado

Best to just laugh at these people and move on. This is nothing but propaganda.

TS and a lot of posters need to learn not to let the ranting of dumb people bother them. There are a lot of dumb and hypocritical people out there.

A good rule of thumb is if a person seems reasonable, reason with them. If they seem unreasonable, don't try to reason with them. Instead troll/laugh at them.

An unreasonable person won't budge on their stupid argument anyway so you might as well get a few laughs out of the ordeal.

this author realizes she has a vagina right?

and the power that comes w/ that?

clearly not....

The Guardian has turned into such a click baity rag.

I saw that list earlier today. I admit i got a bit annoyed at first. Can you imagine the shit storm you'd face if you walked up to one of these women and said, "don't worry, i'll protect you?" I loved the line about "if a woman tells you a man did something, don't question it, believe her and protect her..." or something along those lines. How many guys have gotten in fights or arrested because of that? List seems more about attention than actually addressing dudes to make things better.

Back