Article on discrimination against women suggests it's all men.

lmaooooooooooooo
the comments on that video. bitch deserves every word
This one was my favourite
There's not a lack of quality dick. There's just not many quality dick options for a 44 year old roastie that's been riding the cock carousel for 24+ years. The problem is obviously you, and your insane level of entitlement.

That's bottom of the barrel stuff right here. I have to imagine that most women reading that article would be embarrassed by it. Cannot be taken seriously.

What the Guardian does tend to often fall back to is the rather clichéd 3rd wave feminist kind of viewpoint where it seems like the focus is almost entirely on middle class women. That's not to say such people don't ever face discrimination but honestly it does feel more than a little self obsessed and based around appealing to people with money.

Again I'm far from a Trump supporter but so much of the Hilary support had me shaking my head in how self obcessed it was. The problems of middle class white women ahead of pretty much everything else, the idea that having heard a sexist joke at the water cooler makes you worse off than a guy who's spent his entire life working minimum wage for an abusive boss just pushed said men right into Trumps hands.

You have to wonder why the highest paid female CEO in america was a man. If women are so good, then why did women vote a man as woman of the year?
Or why women in Hollywood did nothing about the misogyny in their industry even after they were in positions of power and authority.

The women who posted this is a friend of mine and pretty smart. She teaches college age kids. The ranting of such kinda matters.

Let me put it another way to you. If someone is being a fucking racist about you, is the advice to not be bothered by it because they're just dumb?

No racism has to be called out. It is an attack. You're suggesting turning the other cheek, didn't know you were such a commie.

Turning the other cheek can actually be a surprisingly effective strategy at times.

I don’t see how addressing men can be compared to racism. Especially since this article sees men as the ones with power, and asking them to do good with that power. Meh.

There's a part in there that basically says if you don't thin this applies to you you're wrong. It's saying all men are the same. It's not quite racism but it's racism's cousin: assumption based on gender.

I really couldn't see an article written with a milquetoast tone on this subject having any impact at all though. The goal seems good hearted enough to me.

Turning the other cheek can actually be a surprisingly effective strategy at times.

Yeah, I was just trolling. It's a preferred course of action.

But I only got two available cheeks son.

It's not that terrible of a list if you interpret it generously, which is clearly more than we can expect from its disgruntled author.

I could rewrite it in 2-3 minutes and make it almost uncontroversially palatable, but then it wouldn't be clickbait anymore, or show up on forums like this.

Hint, hint.

I don’t see how addressing men can be compared to racism. Especially since this article sees men as the ones with power, and asking them to do good with that power. Meh.
image.jpg

His power level is over 9,000!

What the Guardian does tend to often fall back to is the rather clichéd 3rd wave feminist kind of viewpoint where it seems like the focus is almost entirely on middle class women. That's not to say such people don't ever face discrimination but honestly it does feel more than a little self obsessed and based around appealing to people with money.

Again I'm far from a Trump supporter but so much of the Hilary support had me shaking my head in how self obcessed it was. The problems of middle class white women ahead of pretty much everything else, the idea that having heard a sexist joke at the water cooler makes you worse off than a guy who's spent his entire life working minimum wage for an abusive boss just pushed said men right into Trumps hands.

Well, these feminist weeee wil feelings are more important than actual real problems that the gov't is supposed to solve. They're supposed to be strong, but little shitty comments will crush them. If you read that article, guys are supposed to defend them at certain times.

It is extremely hard to argue w/ these idiots b/c the shit that they say is so illogical and they expect to have their cake and eat it too. However, this needs to be address b/c white women have more voting power than anyone.

it's meant to be digestible piece for dudes wanting to take seriously issues of gender inequality. I dont see an attempt to essentialize all men. I see an attempt to be broad enough to engage dudes wanting to actually treat women better.

Guys might feel contemporary culture is suddenly anti-masculine...the echo chambers of mass media can do that. I'd note that Western history is, by and large, thoroughly patriarchal and that almost all economic and social data collected continues to point to double standards and inequality between men and women. Tides are shifting, no doubt, but I suspect we'll never see a total change... but history never shifts subtly. Ideology tends to shift radically.

Inequality? How many women weren't sent off to war to be killed over the last 100 years? Men are disposable. Men have to sign up for the selective service. Men die 7 years earlier than women and men get far less funding then women for healthcare.

Men are far more likely to be homeless and far less likely to get help. The fucking Patriarchy treats men like shit.

The key issue of course is and always has been class and those who suffer the most from sexism, racism, etc are always the poorest.

Whats earnt identity politics a bad name IMHO is that its become the tool of a establishment in the pocket of the rich to try and distract from that. Basically a way for middle class people to carry on voting though a system that there doing ok in(although not one primarily setup for them but rather the ultra rich) simply by allowing them to vote on an anti "ism" ticket with limited real cost.

The Guardian is very much in that tradition(run by a load of ex or current bankers, almost totally Oxbridge staff), its trying to backtrack now but it was thoughly hostile to Corbyn here in the UK and was generally pro Hilary in the US over Sanders pushing the claims of sexism, racism, etc dishonestly against people supporting them.

Inequality? How many women weren't sent off to war to be killed over the last 100 years? Men are disposable. Men have to sign up for the selective service. Men die 7 years earlier than women and men get far less funding then women for healthcare.

Men are far more likely to be homeless and far less likely to get help. The fucking Patriarchy treats men like shit.

You should also consider whose had the power, who makes the most money, has dominated over industry, perpetuated ideologies that create war, and who created the economic game that prioritized possessions over the nuclear family to push women in the workplace.
Being sent off to war and having more funding for healthcare (which, btw, is because women give birth and have physical bodies that demand more medical attention AND they make less) are not particulars that build a narrative. Patriarchy is NOT* the metanarrative that describes the world in its most fundamental way. Men dying more in war is an outlying factor, but the cause of this effect certainly isn’t. But patriarchy makes sense of a whole web of particulars that, I think, history, sociology, and social theory back up. In the end, power is the metanarrative... and interrogating reveals WHO has it and who is most likely affected by it.

Last edited:
You should also consider whose had the power, who makes the most money, has dominated over industry, perpetuated ideologies that create war, and who created the economic game that prioritized possessions over the nuclear family to push women in the workplace.
Being sent off to war and having more funding for healthcare (which, btw, is because women give birth and have physical bodies that demand more medical attention AND they make less) are not particulars that build a narrative. Patriarchy is the metanarrative that describes the world in its most fundamental way. Men dying more in war is an outlying factor, but the cause of this effect certainly isn’t. But patriarchy makes sense of a whole web of particulars that, I think, history, sociology, and social theory back up. In the end, power is the metanarrative... and interrogating reveals WHO has it and who is most likely affected by it.

You are full of shit. We have lived in a society where people scream, "women and children FIRST!" when anything bad is happening. We value women more than men. Men have always been disposable.

And men being forced to fight in war by law was an outlying factor? My grandpa was drafted to fight in WW2. My dad was drafted for Vietnam. Over 1,000,000 men have died for America. Most of them didn't have a choice. Being slaughtered or maimed on a battlefield and not having choice about it... now THAT is what I call having power in this "patriarchy."

And men work the most dangerous and dirty jobs to keep this country running. Women get to enjoy the privilege of having running water, electricity and roads and bridges. They get to enjoy the buildings men built and died building. They get to living in a world built by things mined and logged by men who risked their lives.

The wealthy oligarchs have the power. Not men. Men are merely tools to be exploited.

Let me put it another way to you. If someone is being a fucking racist about you, is the advice to not be bothered by it because they're just dumb?
Why would you want to want to be bothered?

tumblr_m7e23tzscj1rvcjd7o3_250.gif

Just like you're free to carry this burden of believing otherwise, people can be as dumb as they want on their own time. The fallacy is concluding their time as being our time, but it's not someone else's fault we read their nonsense and got upset.

Don't do that to yourself.

giphy.gif

Why would you want to want to be bothered?

tumblr_m7e23tzscj1rvcjd7o3_250.gif

Just like you're free to carry this burden of believing otherwise, people can be as dumb as they want on their own time. The fallacy is concluding their time as being our time, but it's not someone else's fault we read their nonsense and got upset.

Don't do that to yourself.

giphy.gif

Solid point. Smoked a bowl and occasioned upon how ridiculous it is.

so basically do opposite she say to do. Do opposite what say not to do.

except pay women, treat respect, cause men women give all sex to is not pussy feminista men.

Back