ARROW Official Discussion Thread 5.0: Resurrection Bargain Sale Edition

Is Prometheus an actual villain from the comics? And what happened to the orange goggle vigilante?

They can bring back all the villains now including Huntress, etc, etc.
I heard somewhere that Vigilante will be back next season. Prometheus is a comic character but they did some major retooling for the show (he's basically evil Batman + supertech gizmos).
I know they aren't all dead but I hope at least 2 or 3 major characters weren't able to survive the explosions or else the whole Prometheus being 10 steps ahead storyline would be kind of pointless if he didn't get any major revenge.
I believe that the actors for Black Siren, Wild Dog, and Black Canary are all for-sure signed on for S6 so they are safe. I think the most expendable core cast member would be Lance, but killing him doesn't really change the dynamic of the show. If they wanted to really go for shock value they'd kill either Diggle or Felicity but I don't think they'd do that.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to expect at this point.

Last edited:
So, now that the season is done, who was everybody's favorite addition to the cast? They added a bunch of characters this year and most of them were well done.

For me I think I'll go with Wild Dog. He was an interesting character that they did a good job developing and slowly adding layers to over the course of the season. I think his actor did a really solid job with the role, managing to be a wise-ass while still doing emotional vulnerability when it fit without going over-the-top with it.

Well, don't expect to see Malcolm Merlyn any time soon. John Barrowman confirmed that he's done with the Arrowverse in a video from yesterday. However, as a fan of the Arrowverse knows, death isn't always forever.

I caught the preview of the finale from the Flash finale's DVR recording. How is Black Canary back (after her Fappening contribution)?

I quit watching about two episodes into season 4 have the last two seasons been any good.

It's great seeing Katie Cassidy even more now that i've seen her luscious honeypot.

I stopped watching Arrow midway around season 4 but decided to check out the last two finale episodes of season 5. It was mostly background noise and I wasn't paying close attention for the most part but I just had to laugh at how dumb some part of this show is.

1. In the flashback scene (which is one of the worst aspects of the show), I literally laughed out loud when I saw Oliver put on a wig and fake beard before he was saved by the fishermen. The show had to come up with a cockamamie plot just to tie everything together to the very first scene of the first season.

mjl.gif

2. I'm always criticizing Supergirl for her lack of fight IQ but in this Arrow season finale, Oliver just took the crown for most stupidest fight decisions. When he first defeated Chase, Oliver doesn't even tie him up and disarm him (Chase looked to be carrying a lot of weapons, knives and doohickey on his attire). Oliver just gives him plenty of space and opportunity. Naturally, Chase escapes ninja smoke bomb style. The second time Oliver defeats Chase on the boat, AGAIN he doesn't even try to tie him up and disarm him. Oliver even turns his back like a dumb amateur. Naturally, Chase grabs Oliver's son as a human shield. Oliver defeats Chase AGAIN for the third time but does nothing to incapacitate him. Naturally, Chase grabs a gun and blows his brains out. (Chase could also have easily shot Oliver and William as well)

The Berlantiverse shows are chock full of Plot Induced Stupidity and the quality control is pretty bad. But Arrow is supposed to have less of these idiocy since the show is a bit more grounded compared to the others.

But I enjoyed seeing the new and sane Slade Wilson and I like the whole super team vs. super team of the finale. I would not be shocked if they announced a Deathstroke spinoff TV series sometime soon.

I stopped watching Arrow midway around season 4 but decided to check out the last two finale episodes of season 5. It was mostly background noise and I wasn't paying close attention for the most part but I just had to laugh at how dumb some part of this show is.

1. In the flashback scene (which is one of the worst aspects of the show), I literally laughed out loud when I saw Oliver put on a wig and fake beard before he was saved by the fishermen. The show had to come up with a cockamamie plot just to tie everything together to the very first scene of the first season.

mjl.gif

2. I'm always criticizing Supergirl for her lack of fight IQ but in this Arrow season finale, Oliver just took the crown for most stupidest fight decisions. When he first defeated Chase, Oliver doesn't even tie him up and disarm him (Chase looked to be carrying a lot of weapons, knives and doohickey on his attire). Oliver just gives him plenty of space and opportunity. Naturally, Chase escapes ninja smoke bomb style. The second time Oliver defeats Chase on the boat, AGAIN he doesn't even try to tie him up and disarm him. Oliver even turns his back like a dumb amateur. Naturally, Chase grabs Oliver's son as a human shield. Oliver defeats Chase AGAIN for the third time but does nothing to incapacitate him. Naturally, Chase grabs a gun and blows his brains out. (Chase could also have easily shot Oliver and William as well)

The Berlantiverse shows are chock full of Plot Induced Stupidity and the quality control is pretty bad. But Arrow is supposed to have less of these idiocy since the show is a bit more grounded compared to the others.

But I enjoyed seeing the new and sane Slade Wilson and I like the whole super team vs. super team of the finale. I would not be shocked if they announced a Deathstroke spinoff TV series sometime soon.

the season was pretty good tbh u did urself a disservice not watching it...

and if u watch the whole thing that last sequence makes much more sense..

Is Prometheus an actual villain from the comics?
Yes, but he's completely different to the comic version i'm aware of. Comic Prometheus used a lot of tech and power armor, and had enough tricks up his sleeve to best most of the Justice League. He was also the one responsible for Red Arrow losing his arm and becoming Arsenal.

Eventually, he is executed by Green Arrow.

So, now that the season is done, who was everybody's favorite addition to the cast? They added a bunch of characters this year and most of them were well done.

For me I think I'll go with Wild Dog. He was an interesting character that they did a good job developing and slowly adding layers to over the course of the season. I think his actor did a really solid job with the role, managing to be a wise-ass while still doing emotional vulnerability when it fit without going over-the-top with it.
Wild Dog is cool, but i do like Dinah Drake. Will be cool to see her become the Black Canary and she's really hot.

{<tongue}

So nice to see Slade. They need to keep him around in some capacity. I'm not sure who'll end up dead, but I'm guessing Thea and the woman that Ollie knocked up will be one of two of them.

You have to turn your brain off to enjoy these CW shows. He could have just gotten Flash to handle Chase at any point and it would have been over quickly.

I caught the preview of the finale from the Flash finale's DVR recording. How is Black Canary back (after her Fappening contribution)?
Well, alternate universe Canary that the Flash had caught last year. She appeared in a couple of episodes earlier this season too.

S5 was way better than S3+S4. I was totally ready to drop the series but they've won me back for another year. Now, it wasn't back to S2 form, but on the whole I'd put it on about the same level as S1. It was, surprisingly, the best Arrowverse show this year (which is something I never would have guessed coming off last season). In many ways it was a return to basics: we had a mundane villain and the flashbacks had interesting characters and a decent plot.

I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot.

was ollicity still a thing? or are they broken up?

They've broken up, but there's still hints of it here and there. But it didn't cast a shadow over the whole show like it has in the past.

Still broken up, but lately they seem to be hinting about a possible reunion. They had a fling in the Arrow cave and then in the finale Felicity kissed Oliver before he went after Prometheus, "just in case."

Stephen Amell Reveals Arrow Season 6 Premiere Date

The summer may provide a long wait for Arrow fans looking forward to Season 6, but the end is finally in sight. Star Stephen Amell has just unveiled the show's next premiere date.

Amell took to Twitter on Thursday afternoon, announcing that the series would return for its sixth season on October 12th at 9 pm.

This is a bit of a departure for what fans are used to, as Arrow has always been Wednesday nights. The move to Thursdays is part of a change to the entire CW schedule.

Amell also used the tweet to joke about the freedoms that the show could enjoy, now that it was moved to an hour later. He made the comment that the 9 pm time could help them get "at least one bare bum shown on tv."

Back