armed moron takes Hoover Dam hostage, demands real OIG report

One more moron who reads the same garbage that a lot of posters here read. There's real harm in immersing yourselves in complete bullshit, people. .
He reads you threads?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/skbaer/qan...dam?bftwnews&utm_term=.bsAgl3JwKB#.dlo8Eyg6Xx

One more moron who reads the same garbage that a lot of posters here read. There's real harm in immersing yourselves in complete bullshit, people. It's time to bring back critical thinking and stop this descent into willful ignorance.

I hate that fake journalists think you can just call something a conspiracy theory, and not have to debunk it.

I doubt this CT has any real teeth, but that doesn't mean the media doesn't have a responsibility to present the actual facts, and not just dismiss things with the wave of a hand.

I hate that fake journalists think you can just call something a conspiracy theory, and not have to debunk it.

Agreed.

I doubt this CT has any real teeth, but that doesn't mean the media doesn't have a responsibility to present the actual facts, and not just dismiss things with the wave of a hand.

Where do you feel the media fell short? Are you talking about the OIG report or a larger conspiracy?

lol @ geeseman having the conviction to do this. bobgeese West > bobgeese East.

and I'm not saying this guy should have jumped off the bridge, I'm just saying it's 900 feet and that would have been a spectacular video.

Agreed.

Where do you feel the media fell short? Are you talking about the OIG report or a larger conspiracy?

I mean the specifics. What is Qanon saying?

Is their any evidence to support or debunk his theories?

I would accept presenting his ideas, calling them a CT, and saying we could not find evidence in support or against his ideas, if that is all they can do.

I mean the optics of saying their is a conspiracy theory, and not explaining what it is, gives that conspiracy theory credence to many.

They're in a tight spot. Conspiracies stay conspiracies because they are vague by nature, with some elements being impossible to debunk.

Right off the bat, if the media tries to break certain theories down and debunk them, they're accused of being in on it. Best not to give most of them the time of day. People are gonna believe what they want.

They're in a tight spot. Conspiracies stay conspiracies because they are vague by nature, with some elements being impossible to debunk.

Right off the bat, if the media tries to break certain theories down and debunk them, they're accused of being in on it. Best not to give most of them the time of day. People are gonna believe what they want.

But this feeds into the conspiracies more then anything. People are not so dumb that they can't sense that the media is trying to control the narrative, and not inform people.

Edit: your point is valid, the media's solution is suspect as hell to me.

I mean the specifics. What is Qanon saying?

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/

Warning: these people are fucking crazy.

Is their any evidence to support or debunk his theories?

Not really. Basically, "QAnon" posts cryptic messages and his followers trip all over themselves connecting them to real world results. When his actual predictions bomb horribly, his cult is happy to explain it away as things not meant to be understood. When his followers begin to question why the predictions don't materialize, they're told it's all part of his plan.

I would accept presenting his ideas, calling them a CT, and saying we could not find evidence in support or against his ideas, if that is all they can do.

I mean the optics of saying their is a conspiracy theory, and not explaining what it is, gives that conspiracy theory credence to many.

That's difficult to do with QAnon's bullshit, for reasons I mention above. The media is great at debunking more well-defined conpsiracies; the hard part is getting the conspiratards to accept the evidence.

Imagine being 30 years old with a brain that rotten. The Internet is horrible for a lot of folks, particularly the more credulous types. He looks like a Sherdogger.

But this feeds into the conspiracies more then anything.

Yeah, but wouldn't a detailed effort to debunk certain conspiracies feed them as well? Possibly even more so?

I think in the past, the media could be trusted enough to take on these conspiracies head on, and people would be inclined to trust them, but now? Psssh, they've all lost the trust of the people, so any effort made to tackle these conspiracies would be immediately met with skepticism.

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/

Warning: these people are fucking crazy.

Not really. Basically, "QAnon" posts cryptic messages and his followers trip all over themselves connecting them to real world results. When his actual predictions bomb horribly, his cult is happy to explain it away as things not meant to be understood. When his followers begin to question why the predictions don't materialize, they're told it's all part of his plan.

That's difficult to do with QAnon's bullshit, for reasons I mention above. The media is great at debunking more well-defined conpsiracies; the hard part is getting the conspiratards to accept the evidence.

I was reading a article saying 90% of memes come from Reddit, and 4Chan.

Been a long time since I went to 4chan........

Wow.

It's like Stromfront, the OT, and WR had a mutant baby.

I don't really know who Qanon is. Doesn't really sound like he is to the level of a Corbett, or Dore.

I was reading a article saying 90% of memes come from Reddit, and 4Chan.

Been a long time since I went to 4chan........

Wow.

It's like Stromfront, the OT, and WR had a mutant baby.

I don't really know who Qanon is. Doesn't really sound like he is to the level of a Corbett, or Dore.

Yeah, these people are not well. Never heard of Corbett or Dore.

Yeah, but wouldn't a detailed effort to debunk certain conspiracies feed them as well? Possibly even more so?

I think in the past, the media could be trusted enough to take on these conspiracies head on, and people would be inclined to trust them, but now? Psssh, they've all lost the trust of the people, so any effort made to tackle these conspiracies would be immediately met with skepticism.

Their has to be something between hand waving away, and a detailed deconstruction.

Failing with the faith of good intentions, I think would be preferred to short term success, at the cost of legitimacy.

Like many things these days, I see this as a issue of bean counter corporatists dominating every aspect of our society with their focus on short term results at the expense of long term viability.

These corporatist bean counters know one trick, and when that doesn't work, they are absolutely worthless.

Back