armed moron takes Hoover Dam hostage, demands real OIG report

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.buzzfeed.com/skbaer/qan...dam?bftwnews&utm_term=.bsAgl3JwKB#.dlo8Eyg6Xx

An Armed Man Spouting A Bizarre Right-Wing Conspiracy Theory Was Arrested After A Standoff At The Hoover Dam

The man held a sign that said, "release the OIG report," a reference to a conspiracy theory that claims Trump will soon expose the "deep state."

An armed man was arrested Friday after driving an armored vehicle onto a bridge spanning the Hoover Dam and blocking traffic to demand the government “release the OIG report," a call spouted by believers of an internet conspiracy theory, in a 90-minute standoff with authorities.

Images captured during the standoff showed the driver parking a black armored truck across the southbound lanes of the Mike O'Callaghan–Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge at the Arizona and Nevada border around noon, snarling traffic

The driver was identified as 30-year-old Matthew P. Wright, of Henderson, Nevada, according to the Arizona Department of Public Safety.

In a statement, the department said Wright reportedly stood outside of the vehicle holding a sign that said, "release the OIG report." The demand appears to refer to an unredacted Justice Department inspector general report the bizarre right-wing conspiracy theory known as "QAnon" suggests will expose the "deep state," a supposed shadowy network entrenched in the government.

In a video apparently filmed inside the vehicle and posted online by far-right activist Laura Loomer, the man says, "No more lies. No more bullshit. We the people demand full disclosure."

"We elected you to do a duty," the man continues, apparently addressing President Trump. "You said you were going to lock certain people up when you were elected. You have yet to do that."

Authorities closed the bridge and all lanes of US Route 93. Just before 1 p.m., the armored truck left the bridge and began traveling southbound on the highway, failing to stop for law enforcement. The truck ran over tire strips and eventually came to a stop on a dirt road several miles southeast of the bridge.

Wright exited the vehicle and was taken into custody without incident, authorities said. A rifle and a handgun were found inside the truck.

Wright was booked into the Mohave County Jail on charges of obstruction of a highway, endangerment, unlawful flight from law enforcement, misconduct involving a weapon, and making terrorist threats.

Mark Mills, a truck driver stuck in traffic during the standoff, told the Las Vegas Review-Journal he became panicked when we saw the armored truck blocking traffic.

“I wasn’t sure if he was trying to blow up the bridge or what,” he recalled.

One more moron who reads the same garbage that a lot of posters here read. There's real harm in immersing yourselves in complete bullshit, people. It's time to bring back critical thinking and stop this descent into willful ignorance.

Morning joe.
Posts buzzfeed article and scolds imaginary foes for reading garbage.

Yikes. Take your med's.

Morning joe.
Posts buzzfeed article and scolds imaginary foes for reading garbage.

Yikes. Take your med's.
GS0jycj.gif

100% spot on. Basically sums up OPs posting history.

Anyone seen geese around? We know he was making that report out to be the best report ever and a yuge deal

1. https://www-m.cnn.com/2018/06/15/us/hoover-dam/index.html

Man who blocked traffic on Hoover Dam bridge wanted release of government report

2. You regularly post some pretty dopey things. Do you believe this QAnon nonsense? It's pretty clear that many posters here do.
Honestly, I don't pay attention to, or give a shit about, this trivial crap. Idiots are gonna idiot.
I'm here for the lulz joe. Observing the culture wars.
Keep up the good work. Maybe start an argument about the proper color of clown shoes. Red, or blue.

I think what people mistakenly interpret as a planned and prepared "deep state" conspiracy is actually just the outward manifestation of organic, chaotic, unplanned corruption: nepotism, rewarding "friends", donor pressure, people trying to cling to power, etc. Money has a lot of influence in the American political system, comparatively to other western countries, so the doors are wide open for that.

Honestly, I don't pay attention to, or give a shit about, this trivial crap. Idiots are gonna idiot.
I'm here for the lulz joe. Observing the culture wars.
Keep up the good work. Maybe start an argument about the proper color of clown shoes. Red, or blue.

Trivial crap = crimes perpetrated by people who read the same Russian lies you do. Got it.

I think what people mistakenly interpret as a planned and prepared "deep state" conspiracy is actually just the outward manifestation of organic, chaotic, unplanned corruption: nepotism, rewarding "friends", donor pressure, people trying to cling to power, etc. Money has a lot of influence in the American political system, comparatively to other western countries, so the doors are wide open for that.

I would agree with you, but in this case the issue is idiots who spent weeks gobbling up propaganda which promised them that the OIG was going to see their enemies driven before them. When reality, once again, didn't align with what they were promised, they double down on their bullshit instead of questioning what they were told.

Keep chasing the laser, joe.

"I'm above this kind of lowbrow nonsense. Now, if you'll excuse me, instead of reading something worthwhile I'm going to peruse QAnon's teachings about how Mueller and Trump are secretly working to arrest Democrats for pedophilia and spirit cooking."

"I'm above this kind of lowbrow nonsense. Now, if you'll excuse me, instead of reading something worthwhile I'm going to peruse QAnon's teachings about how Mueller and Trump are secretly working to arrest Democrats for pedophilia and spirit cooking."
You sound scared, and poor.

Oh, time to bust out some tried and true Internet insults. Guaranteed to make you sound like a genius every time.
Thanks joe. I appreciate that.

Happy Father's Day.

Back