Ariel: "I dont want to see shogun fight the upper echelon at lhw"

Shogun should gatekeep right now. Only fight younger up and comers trying to get into the top 10. If you throw him in there with the Rumbles, the Corms and Bones or even Gustaf he probably has a nightmare of a night with a terrifying end.

You don't have to like him hes a journalist who seems to break a lot of the big news.I don't think hes trying to make friends tho he does have a lot of followers and seems to be able to get the big interviews so I guess the right people do like him.As for his opinions,like anbodys some will like and agree and sum wont it pretty simple really.
He is not a journalist, he is a gossip columnist for fanboys. Yes, he has some insiders at the UFC so he can sometimes announce a matchup before the UFC officially does. That is not journalism. Ariel does not investigate, he does not expose corruption, he does nothing that real journalists do. His interviews are always cringeworthy, he has absolutely no ability to connect with human beings and delve into interesting topics that offer true insight. Instead he scours internet forums and repeats garbage from his fellow basement dwelling fanboys.

Ariel's opinion means nothing.

He's a soft nerd that needs to stick to gossip column bullshit.

Rua is beating capable killers so he deserves fights vs the top of the division. I would love to see Rua vs Rumble or Rua vs DC and he's earning it.
Against Rumble? Jeez, id be pretty nervous for that one.

Shogun vs Gustafsson II

That way timid Gus can get a win and perhaps his confidence back, and be able to breathe some life back into LHW
Or Shogun will even the score and continue his streak

Win/Win

Just watched the finish and seen he is on a 3 fight win streak, Villante is a good win at his age he would be trying to get in contention himself by beating Shogun.

Shogun should be given another shot or eliminator imo.

Based on what!?

What exactly make you think Rua vs DC would be any different than Rumble vs DC?

Did you not see their 1st fight where DC got hit hard than dominated? You think Rua is incapable of one hard shot?

Rua isn't Vitor.

I agree. I like that fight.
Hey easy on Vitor! Dude hasn't stepped down from the top guys since his return to UFC.

shogun should be on the legends tour

have him fight guys like anderson, bisping, rashad, kennedy, chael, tito, etc

I'm not saying all these fights make sense or all those guys are legends, but you get the idea. shogun should be fighting names passed their prime or retire. fights like OSP are just not a good idea

Make Shogun vs the loser of Cirkunov vs Oezdimir (most likely Oezdimir)

Rua is beating capable killers so he deserves fights vs the top of the division. I would love to see Rua vs Rumble or Rua vs DC and he's earning it.

shogun vs rumble? really? cormier? really? you really wanna see that?

He is right. Shogun looked like absolute shit.

USADA is a bitch eh buddeh?

shogun has looked far worse. i think shogun is benefitting from USADA regulations as well. he's one-dimensional at this point but if fighters wanna fight him in that one dimension that's their choice

He's possibly over the hill.
he's definitely over the hill. it'd be silly to suggest he's just hitting his prime or something. he has proven himself, however, to at least be good enough to beat lower-level UFC light heavyweights

Dude has to retire.
I don't wanna see him get brain damage, seriously.

This is dumb. Guy hasn't had nearly as much dmg as guys like Hunt, Roy Nelson, Edgar have had. People forget for the longest time Shogun was destroying everyone. Barely took any dmg.

Competitiveness matters more than ranking. Shogun can still beat a lot of fighters but not the top guys at either MW or LHW. The matchmakers should notice this, competitiveness on paper usually leads to the best fights. The rankings are there to show contenders but they're not the law. There are exceptions, Ariel is right.

There are exceptions to variables in a fight as well.

The chance for someone like Rua to beat someone like DC is extremely slim but it's there and it can happen. Wilson Reis doesn't have that good of a chance to beat Mighty Mouse but he CAN do it as it's possible.

Bisping loses to Rockhold 9 times out of 10 but he CAN beat him as he showed.

Back