Ariel Helwani (UFC/MMA guy) is now the premier journalist in Boxing.

You're right, he should just ignore opportunities to be more successful.
HE TRYIN MAKE THAT PAPER G

ariel-helwani-twenty-montreal-03.png

The premier journalist in boxing? LOL. Let me know when he wins a Nat Fleischer award. Helwani is a jackass that only excels at being a shill.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't want to be Mohammed bin Salmon's favorite journalist for any subject, combat sports or otherwise.
I don’t think this is the time and plaice to carp about this.
Ariel and his behaviour smelt before but I tuna in to his show now.

he doesnt bother me at all, and even if he did, i just wouldnt watch his videos...thats kind of a choice you have

The premier journalist in boxing? LOL. Let me know when he wins a Nat Fleischer award. Helwani is a jackass that only excels at being a shill.

Did Turki, Usyk and Fury show up on Lance Pugmire's podcast to announce the date change?

Did Turki, Usyk and Fury show up on Lance Pugmire's podcast to announce the date change?
He may not have been available given that it was a Saturday. For all we know they did reach out to an actual award winning boxing journalist like Pugmire or Rafael first.

He may not have been available given that it was a Saturday. For all we know they did reach out to an actual award winning boxing journalist like Pugmire or Rafael first.

But we have no reason to think that. We only know where they actually did show up.

Helwani is now a big boxing media player, whether it hurts your feelings for some reason or not.

But we have no reason to think that. We only know where they actually did show up.

Helwani is now a big boxing media player, whether it hurts your feelings for some reason or not.
It doesn't hurt my feelings. This thread claims that he's the premier journalist in boxing. He is not. That's what I took issue with. In the sport of boxing he's yet to do anything of note up until yesterday when Turki announced on his show the new Fury vs Usyk date and Beterbiev vs Bivol.

Helwani is of Middle Eastern descent. Arab ethnicity. No other well-known journo in boxing is. That also could've been why Turki went to him. It's not because he's more qualified than the other highly credentialed boxing journos because he's obviously not.

It doesn't hurt my feelings. This thread claims that he's the premier journalist in boxing. He is not. That's what I took issue with. In the sport of boxing he's yet to do anything of note up until yesterday when Turki announced on his show the new Fury vs Usyk date and Beterbiev vs Bivol.

Helwani is of Middle Eastern descent. Arab ethnicity. No other well-known journo in boxing is. That also could've been why Turki went to him. It's not because he's more qualified than the other highly credentialed boxing journos because he's obviously not.

It's hilarious that you are so committed to your irrational defensiveness over a random media member becoming more prominent that your are resorting to making this about some tenuous connection to ethnicity.

I mean there is definitely such a strong historical kinship between Salafi Saudi Arabians and half-Syrian, half-Lebanese Canadian Jews that the Saudi government would put its own agenda second to raising one of their profiles.

jaguar-fan.gif

It's hilarious that you are so committed to your irrational defensiveness over a random media member becoming more prominent that your are resorting to making this about some tenuous connection to ethnicity.

I mean there is definitely such a strong historical kinship between Salafi Saudi Arabians and half-Syrian, half-Lebanese Canadian Jews that the Saudi government would put its own agenda second to raising one of their profiles.

jaguar-fan.gif
Last I checked Syria and Lebanon were Arab states in the Middle East. It's not complicated. Helwani hasn't done anything notable in boxing yet. If you believe he has, prior to yesterday, then go ahead and mention what else he's done. He primarily covers the sport of MMA for a living. Not boxing. When he wins a Nat Fleischer award like Pugmire, Rafael, Hauser, and co then get back to me. His only credentials are from reporting on MMA.

Last I checked Syria and Lebanon were Arab states in the Middle East. It's not complicated. Helwani hasn't done anything notable in boxing yet. If you believe he has, prior to yesterday, then go ahead and mention what else he's done. He primarily covers the sport of MMA for a living. Not boxing. When he wins a Nat Fleischer award like Pugmire, Rafael, Hauser, and co then get back to me. His only credentials are from reporting on MMA.

This argument is genuinely one of the funniest I have ever seen. Firstly, the whole notion of who is or isn't 'Arab' when it comes to countries with many ethnic groups and histories that pre-date Arab invasions like Lebanon and Syria most certainly is a complicated and controversial political debate.

But luckily in Ariel's case it is quite simple. Last time I checked, Canada is not an Arab state. And Mizrahi Jews overwhelmingly do not identify as Arab. You might want to look at how they were treated historically in Arab countries to see just how 'Arab' other Arabs thought they were.

That you think a Saudi Arabian Salafi Muslim would likely consider a Canadian Mizrahi Jew to be some sort of kin that he would go out of his way to help is truly baffling.

And all over being butthurt that some media member has got some attention. Amazing. I have enjoyed this extremely retarded discussion.

This argument is genuinely one of the funniest I have ever seen. Firstly, the whole notion of who is or isn't 'Arab' when it comes to countries with many ethnic groups and histories that pre-date Arab invasions like Lebanon and Syria most certainly is a complicated and controversial political debate.

But luckily in Ariel's case it is quite simple. Last time I checked, Canada is not an Arab state. And Mizrahi Jews overwhelmingly do not identify as Arab. You might want to look at how they were treated historically in Arab countries to see just how 'Arab' other Arabs thought they were.

That you think a Saudi Arabian Salafi Muslim would likely consider a Canadian Mizrahi Jew to be some sort of kin that he would go out of his way to help is truly baffling.

And all over being butthurt that some media member has got some attention. Amazing. I have enjoyed this extremely retarded discussion.
He's an ethnic Arab (by blood), speaks the language, and his last name is Arabic in origin. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend? You also are laughably trying too hard to pretend like Jews & Arabs are so different. Both are classified under the Semitic group of people. They were historically called Semites. Happy to enlighten you.

He's an ethnic Arab (by blood), speaks the language, and his last name is Arabic in origin. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend? You also are laughably trying too hard to pretend like Jews & Arabs are so different. Both are classified under the Semitic group of people. They were historically called Semites. Happy to enlighten you.

It's extraordinary how stupid this is, not only in and of itself, but how you've ended up arguing this Stormfront-esque 'blood' nonsense by virtue of Fury, Usyk and Turki (funny name for an Arab, it's interesting how that works) giving an interview to a media member.

Your declarative statements on non-existent genetic homogeneity determining some set ethnic identity is infantile at best and I hope the motive for it is not worse than that.

Nobody serious refers to 'Semites' as a modern people any more just like nobody refers to Indo-Europeans as a modern people, they are now only used as language categories, because these categories as some sort of racial grouping are too broad to have any real meaning.

By your logic a Punjabi Hindu would want to interview an Orthodox Bulgarian because they are 'both Indo-Europeans, bro'.

Just complete shite.

It's extraordinary how stupid this is, not only in and of itself, but how you've ended up arguing this Stormfront-esque 'blood' nonsense by virtue of Fury, Usyk and Turki (funny name for an Arab, it's interesting how that works) giving an interview to a media member.

Your declarative statements on non-existent genetic homogeneity determining some set ethnic identity is infantile at best and I hope the motive for it is not worse than that.

Nobody serious refers to 'Semites' as a modern people any more just like nobody refers to Indo-Europeans as a modern people, they are now only used as language categories, because these categories as some sort of racial grouping are too broad to have any real meaning.

By your logic a Punjabi Hindu would want to interview an Orthodox Bulgarian because they are 'both Indo-Europeans, bro'.

Just complete shite.
The only thing worse than a pseudointellectual is one that thinks they're always right. That's the predicament here with you. Mentioning a person's ethnicity is stormfront-esque? Don't be stupid. Let's ask Google Translate what the origin of Helwani is and let it provide a rough translation of what it means.
Helwani-surname-origin.png

The term Semitic is still used and not just when discussing Jews. It's common in the world of linguistics considering that both Hebrew & Arabic are Semitic languages. Since you mentioned genes though perhaps you should know that Arabs & Jews genetically are closely related. They share recent ancestry in common on the paternal side. Same group of people, as I said previously. Oh, and before you say that Mizrahi Jews aren't covered here, they are. Kurdish Jews are Mizrahi. The latter is just a blanket term.

“In a study of Israeli Jews from some different groups (Ashkenazi Jews, Kurdish Jews, North African Sephardi Jews, and Iraqi Jews) and Palestinian Muslim Arabs, more than 70% of the Jewish men and 82% of the Arab men whose DNA was studied had inherited their Y chromosomes from the same paternal ancestors, who lived in the region within the last few thousand years.”

Genetic studies of Jews

Fong, I don't know where you received your doctorate from but they need to revoke it. I've had tougher debates with high school dropouts. Ones that never even bothered to get their GED.

Last edited:
The only thing worse than a pseudointellectual is one that thinks they're always right. That's the predicament here with you. Mentioning a person's ethnicity is stormfront-esque? Don't be stupid. Let's ask Google Translate what the origin of Helwani is and let it provide a rough translation of what it means.
Helwani-surname-origin.png

The term Semitic is still used and not just when discussing Jews. It's common in the world of linguistics considering that both Hebrew & Arabic are Semitic languages. Since you mentioned genes though perhaps you should know that Arabs & Jews genetically are closely related. They share recent ancestry in common on the paternal side. Same group of people, as I said previously. Oh, and before you say that Mizrahi Jews aren't covered here, they are. Kurdish Jews are Mizrahi. The latter is just a blanket term.

“In a study of Israeli Jews from some different groups (Ashkenazi Jews, Kurdish Jews, North African Sephardi Jews, and Iraqi Jews) and Palestinian Muslim Arabs, more than 70% of the Jewish men and 82% of the Arab men whose DNA was studied had inherited their Y chromosomes from the same paternal ancestors, who lived in the region within the last few thousand years.”

Genetic studies of Jews

Fong, I don't know where you received your doctorate from but they need to revoke it. I've had tougher debates with high school dropouts. Ones that never even bothered to get their GED.

As a 'doctor' based on the random screen name I chose as a child, I am still qualified enough to inform you that these complex issues of genetics, culture, politics, religion and fluid identities are above your pay grade. And your blanket assertions of 'same people' and terminology like 'by blood' remain very suspect, particularly when your own study show genetic differences among heterogeneous groupings.

Lol at this descending into you posting genetic studies. All based on completely baseless assertion that this had anything to do with ethnicity.

Admittedly with my encouragement. What idiotic fun.

As a 'doctor' based on the random screen name I chose as a child, I am still qualified enough to inform you that these complex issues of genetics, culture, politics, religion and fluid identities are above your pay grade. And your blanket assertions of 'same people' and terminology like 'by blood' remain very suspect, particularly when your own study show genetic differences among heterogeneous groupings.

Lol at this descending into you posting genetic studies. All based on completely baseless assertion that this had anything to do with ethnicity.

Admittedly with my encouragement. What idiotic fun.
I linked to an entire encyclopedia page that contained multiple formal studies some of which are peer reviewed. Of course there are genetic differences. That's to be expected. Your 'pay grade' is about as deep as a tip jar only I won't be leaving a penny. I'm done hearing your thoughts.

You really think that Turki Alalsheikh can't identify with Helwani? Why don't you research racial and/or ethnic identity first. It's clearly a driving force behind why the majority of Mexican and Mexican-American talent is drawn to Golden Boy (hint: Oscar is a proud Chicano).

Back