Ariel Helwani (UFC/MMA guy) is now the premier journalist in Boxing.

He’d leave MMA in a heartbeat if the NBA / Football / Wrestling came calling. Sniffs around trying to be the master of too many sports, it’s lame as fuck.

Wrestling, no. Who are the MMA journalists who wouldn't jump at the opportunity to cover the NBA or NFL?

I remember Dan Rafael used to be that guy. Kevin mulvaney was decent too. Bert Sugar is my all time favorite boxing historian though.

Do the Saudi's realize he is Jewish? Or do they just see his last name lol

Imagine the gulf countries, hey we need combat sports coverage let's call that Jewish guy.

No, he isn't. Boxing has actual journalists. It's been around for a while.
Ariel is infact the number 1 journalist for Middle Eastern boxing events, which are the biggest boxing events in the world atm. The guy that makes it happen calls Ariel directly first when there's breaking news.

Last edited:
Ariel was ripping the early Saudi broadcasts for their over the top praise of the country and the Saudi princes. Now he’s on the payroll and he can’t stop saying it himself

He’d leave MMA in a heartbeat if the NBA / Football / Wrestling came calling. Sniffs around trying to be the master of too many sports, it’s lame as fuck.
If youre talking about Stephen A Smith I agree with you

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't want to be Mohammed bin Salmon's favorite journalist for any subject, combat sports or otherwise.

I suppose it's better than being his least favorite journalist though.
<bball2>

While an obvious extreme exaggeration, Helwani has indeed managed to gain significant access to big players in boxing. On top of MMA and WWE, he has managed to expand his reach well into boxing now.

It's funny that this seems to upset people.

While an obvious extreme exaggeration, Helwani has indeed managed to gain significant access to big players in boxing. On top of MMA and WWE, he has managed to expand his reach well into boxing now.

He's also the premier force behind NBA journalism. And yes, people get upset about the most boring shit. It's a sad state really, also eggs.

Helwani has been polarizing for a long time. “People like that get slapped”.

Helwani has been polarizing for a long time. Everyone remembers his UFC time lol. “People like that get slapped”.

People should have mixed feelings about him. He toes the lines, stirs drama and gets things wrong sometimes. Other times he holds people to account at the risk of his own career and does some good journalism/commentary.

He is far from perfect but still far better than the the overwhelming majority of the UFC bootlicking, clickbait peddling trash that comprise the MMA media.

Anyone who outright hates or loves him is a fool.

All this talk of Ariel
and not one person mentioning "His Excellency".

Which is ironic ...
as my lady calls it "his excellency" due to the similar hair.

xLoacQR.gif

While I just want her to bring up the nose dressed like a mermaid.

Back