Ariel Helwani (UFC/MMA guy) is now the premier journalist in Boxing.

This probably gets moved but w/e.

Ariel Helwani is the first person Saudi Arabia reaches out to on anything related to boxing/fighting. To prove it, here is a show Helwani just put together on the fly, to announce breaking news on the state of boxing in Saudi Arabia. Happy to see he’s getting the respect he deserves these days, check it out here.

tumblr_mzmirktrF71r33r0fo1_400.gif

The only thing worse than a pseudointellectual is one that thinks they're always right. That's the predicament here with you. Mentioning a person's ethnicity is stormfront-esque? Don't be stupid. Let's ask Google Translate what the origin of Helwani is and let it provide a rough translation of what it means.
Helwani-surname-origin.png

The term Semitic is still used and not just when discussing Jews. It's common in the world of linguistics considering that both Hebrew & Arabic are Semitic languages. Since you mentioned genes though perhaps you should know that Arabs & Jews genetically are closely related. They share recent ancestry in common on the paternal side. Same group of people, as I said previously. Oh, and before you say that Mizrahi Jews aren't covered here, they are. Kurdish Jews are Mizrahi. The latter is just a blanket term.

“In a study of Israeli Jews from some different groups (Ashkenazi Jews, Kurdish Jews, North African Sephardi Jews, and Iraqi Jews) and Palestinian Muslim Arabs, more than 70% of the Jewish men and 82% of the Arab men whose DNA was studied had inherited their Y chromosomes from the same paternal ancestors, who lived in the region within the last few thousand years.”

Genetic studies of Jews

Fong, I don't know where you received your doctorate from but they need to revoke it. I've had tougher debates with high school dropouts. Ones that never even bothered to get their GED.
Which is what the Bible said for thousands of years. The Ishmael and Isaac stories of Abraham. Same Dad different Moms. One became the Arabs and the other Jews.
Thousands upon thousands of years later, they figure out they share the same Male paternalistic lineage and it's says in the Bible that they'll always be in conflict with one another.

Looks like they've been right.

Which is what the Bible said for thousands of years. The Ishmael and Isaac stories of Abraham. Same Dad different Moms. One became the Arabs and the other Jews.
Thousands upon thousands of years later, they figure out they share the same Male paternalistic lineage and it's says in the Bible that they'll always be in conflict with one another.

Looks like they've been right.
Half-brothers rarely get along. My father has one and they're not close.

I linked to an entire encyclopedia page that contained multiple formal studies some of which are peer reviewed. Of course there are genetic differences. That's to be expected. Your 'pay grade' is about as deep as a tip jar only I won't be leaving a penny. I'm done hearing your thoughts.

You really think that Turki Alalsheikh can't identify with Helwani? Why don't you research racial and/or ethnic identity first. It's clearly a driving force behind why the majority of Mexican and Mexican-American talent is drawn to Golden Boy (hint: Oscar is a proud Chicano).

Dude, let's put this bed. Ultimately nobody cares about Hewlani, and these sorts of discussions are not worthy of him. I retract any 'Stormfront-esque' joke comments, I am just screwing around.

Dude, let's put this bed. Ultimately nobody cares about Hewlani, and these sorts of discussions are not worthy of him. I retract any 'Stormfront-esque' joke comments, I am just screwing around.
Alright. If you are curious to see what I do for a living though then message me. I tried to send you a DM earlier but your permissions blocked it.

Back