Ariel Helwani Show vs MMA Hour with Luke Thomas - First episode guests

Who wins the journo contest ?

• Total voters
People actually have the time to watch this shit live.

Ariel knows how to develop friendships with the fighters, Luke is a condescending robot who nobody wants to talk to.

Not quite. Most fighters have alpha personalities and Luke is simply AMOG as fuck in terms of both size and intellect.

There is an old behind the scenes type interview with Luke and Rashad where Rashad straight up admits that he's thrown off and shook by Luke's size and presence. Rashad was an elite LHW at the time, imagine how lower weight class fighters feel.

Kind of enjoying this leaner MMA hour TBH. I prefer a more technical look at fighting than the more casual stuff Ariel does. Both have their place.

wish it was only a 2 hour show, can't watch this show for 6 fucking hours

ain't nobody got time for that

Is this a serious post?

Do you know where Helwani worked before ESPN by any chance?
What are you even replying to? I was making note of the fact that ESPN has infinitely more clout and money than mma fighting...

It's not like he didn't make multiple appearances when Helwani was running the show:

However, I do agree that it's baffling that Schaub gets paid by a major network to express his opinions and that he actually has a decent sized fanbase.

SHO hired the first guy they saw on youtube with some decent production quality....and he doesn't even know shit about boxing, and barely anything on MMA. Yet they got him on there talking about boxing.

This isn't new lol

Ariel's shows always do better numbers and have more and more impressive guests

It will take a while for Luke to get some traction but I expect his show will improve in time but not surpass what Ariel will be doing.

What are you even replying to? I was making note of the fact that ESPN has infinitely more clout and money than mma fighting...

But you seem oblivious to the fact Helwani has had stacked lineups every show for years, ESPN or not. It has nothing to do with ESPN vs mma fighting. It's him.

But you seem oblivious to the fact Helwani has had stacked lineups every show for years, ESPN or not. It has nothing to do with ESPN vs mma fighting. It's him.
I would think being a part of the biggest sports platform in the world would have a little something to do with his lineup today, but sure man.

I would think being a part of the biggest sports platform in the world would have a little something to do with his lineup today, but sure man.

Anyone who follows the show even a little bit will tell you it doesn't. This was an average show for him as far as guest list.

I just think they messed up in keeping it named the mma hour. It needed a whole new look because it's not the mma hour anymore

Yeah Ariel has the better guest list but he's always in such a rush to get through one interview & get on to the next one that none of it means anything. I much prefer show where only one of two guests & they actually get a chance to talk.

ariels stuck streaming from the mens bathroom at espn hq while big sexy is up there popping champagne at his new desk in the exec suite. fraid luke wins this one at least for now

Uhhh....Luke has a daily three hour show on Sirius, which is his primary focus. He talks to prominent MMA fighters on said show all the time. The notion that he doesn't have the "pull" to talk to anybody on Ariel's guest list, when he's already interviewed most of them multiple times, is laughable.

Here here are excerpts of interviews from his Sirius show if you don't believe me:

https://soundcloud.com/thelukethomas

Just stop. He has nowhere near the amount of guests that Ariel does and with nowhere near the frequency.

Remember the UFC 223 shitshow? Ariel had all the involved fighters on his show the very next day, except for Conor who got arrested. Luke very clearly does not have that kind of pull. I dont see how you can argue this.

Back