Ariel Helwani new show is impossible to watch

I've only seen the Cormier one so far, will take time getting used to it I think

To watch the replay on Twitter, click here. You also can watch on the ESPN page on YouTube or listen to the audio via the ESPN podcast center.

Here's the lineup:

1:05 p.m. ET - Brett Okamoto

1:25 p.m. - Daniel Cormier

1:45 p.m. - Quinton Jackson

2:05 p.m. - Stipe Miocic

2:25 p.m. - Brian Ortega

2:45 p.m. - Rose Namajunas

3:05 p.m. - Max Holloway

3:25 p.m. - Rashad Evans

3:45 p.m. - Derrick Lewis

4:05 p.m. - Lyoto Machida

4:25 p.m. - Kayla Harrison

4:45 p.m. - Josh Barnett

5:05 p.m. - Leon Edwards

nobody wants to watdh it on twitter.. because you cant watch twitter on teh tv..

we want full show on youtube, or vimeo, or livestream, or fucking twitch, or the countless other things that you can actually watch on a proper sized screen and not have to have the family crowded round a frigging mobile phone..

but thank you ;D

Just download the audio from the podcast app. Unless you don’t have an iPhone... which if you don’t go die with your green text..

That's because Brett is a real journalist doing real journalist work, and Ariel is a drama queen who's all about the beefs and the cult of personality surrounding himself. Case in point: Brett never made his good looks or his mixed Asian heritage a point of discussion, meanwhile Ariel sells t shirts with his nose on it and wouldn't stop talking about his Jewish heritage.
You're being overly dramatic here. Helwani isn't doing 'real' journalism as well?
Just because of his t-shirts? How often has he interrupted his podcast and interviews to extoll his jewish heritage? Helwani is playing off the criticism that he is a 'sneaky' 'jew' from anonymous online trolls.

That's because Brett is a real journalist doing real journalist work, and Ariel is a drama queen who's all about the beefs and the cult of personality surrounding himself. Case in point: Brett never made his good looks or his mixed Asian heritage a point of discussion, meanwhile Ariel sells t shirts with his nose on it and wouldn't stop talking about his Jewish heritage.

Ok Luke we got it.

giphy.gif

You're being overly dramatic here. Helwani isn't doing 'real' journalism as well?
Just because of his t-shirts? How often has he interrupted his podcast and interviews to extoll his jewish heritage? Helwani is playing off the criticism that he is a 'sneaky' 'jew' from anonymous online trolls.

He's not a real journalist, he's a drama queen. He has on countless occasions during his interviews talked about his Jewish heritage, him being a neurotic jew, going to Hebrew school, playing in the Jewish Olympic games etc. etc. on the MMA Hour. It's way too many to name. How many times have you heard Brett Okamoto talk about his Japanese heritage in comparison? The MMA Hour studio is filled with his own artworks like this one

crusher_and_king_by_kylehaase-d5rn326.jpg

Do you see Okamoto hanging his own artwork in the background? Do you see Brett Okamoto selling t shirts with his own face on it, despite being 10x more handsome?

No. Ariel is all about the drama, that's why I follow him, because I'm a drama queen myself. Takes on to know one.

6 hours... Cutting into my gym time to be ripped like Sage.

I clicked the topic, but i scrolled to the bottom of page one and i do not care enough to read another page so i will just post.....

CEZ4qhHUkAAY86m.jpg

I listen to it on Stitcher radio at 1.5x the speed while I'm driving around. Why would you watch the show in the first place unless if there's a hot female or male guest on. Arie's face is meant for radio. Luke Thomas is much more handsome.

Of course the hottest journalist in MMA is Brett Okamoto and I will always watch the segment that he's on. He's one sexy mofo.

Screen-Shot-2016-12-13-at-11.16.02-AM-310x310.png

It's a slap in the face for Okomoto, he's basically carried MMA on ESPN for years, and he got shitted on for Ariella.

desktop.. Mac. I dont know about mobile though.

You might watch on phone browser and skip in it on mobile though but not in their mobile apps?
It's on iTunes exactly like MMA Hour where you can skip to where the description says a particular guest appears. I'd expect nothing less from a pro like Ariel. Didn't skip a beat in his transition to ESPN.

Do you peasants not have a podcast app on your phones? Its literally just as accessible as the mma hour and the same format
{<huh}

We have to get Ja Rule's opinion on this.

He said he "had some nuggets on players at 185 & 205" on todays show with Chael. If anyone has espn+ and would like to give us the cliff notes that would be ok

On twitter: You have to catch it live or watch the replay all in one go and the thing is like 6 hours long. There is no skip ahead function on twitter for video that i know of. (if there is then please enlighten me sherbros)

EDIT: you can actually skip on twitter but only on desktop(on mac, havent tried on PC yet). i had only tried that on my phone(android). isnt perfect but at least its something. Thanks @neandertal for that.

On espn website: It is required that you download the thing on your phone. Apparently you cant stream it. At least on my phone. For the desktop version they require some kind of flash thing to be installed/active. Tried on apple and regular computers and im sure i got the flash updated on both as everything else that requires flash runs no problem. But no dice.

On Youtube: The show will not be posted in full apparently. Only clips. And so far they have posted like 3 guests.... all the other ones are missing.

On itunes: I dont use it. (tried years ago and thought it was a terrible platform) So maybe it is all good over there, but its audio only. You cant watch.

On periscope: I heard you can do it... but really?? Peri-fucking-scope? <FookIsThatGuy> I dont want to have this exclusively to watch one show.

On Spotify: Finally the only place i could get it going, but still you cant watch it. Just listen.

What an absolute joke.... I literally went though every fucking possible means to watch it and none of them are good/ideal....

How are you dealing with it?
Your AV is probably the best in history.

On twitter: You have to catch it live or watch the replay all in one go and the thing is like 6 hours long. There is no skip ahead function on twitter for video that i know of. (if there is then please enlighten me sherbros)

EDIT: you can actually skip on twitter but only on desktop(on mac, havent tried on PC yet). i had only tried that on my phone(android). isnt perfect but at least its something. Thanks @neandertal for that.

On espn website: It is required that you download the thing on your phone. Apparently you cant stream it. At least on my phone. For the desktop version they require some kind of flash thing to be installed/active. Tried on apple and regular computers and im sure i got the flash updated on both as everything else that requires flash runs no problem. But no dice.

On Youtube: The show will not be posted in full apparently. Only clips. And so far they have posted like 3 guests.... all the other ones are missing.

On itunes: I dont use it. (tried years ago and thought it was a terrible platform) So maybe it is all good over there, but its audio only. You cant watch.

On periscope: I heard you can do it... but really?? Peri-fucking-scope? <FookIsThatGuy> I dont want to have this exclusively to watch one show.

On Spotify: Finally the only place i could get it going, but still you cant watch it. Just listen.

What an absolute joke.... I literally went though every fucking possible means to watch it and none of them are good/ideal....

How are you dealing with it?
Nope, runs fine for me. It's a new show ofcourse its going to take a bit of time to be back to it's old standard. However he got over 1mil on his first episode which eclipses his mmafighting show.

Be positive, if you enjoy watching it so bad why create a thread whining about it???

Nope, runs fine for me. It's a new show ofcourse its going to take a bit of time to be back to it's old standard. However he got over 1mil on his first episode which eclipses his mmafighting show.

Be positive, if you enjoy watching it so bad why create a thread whining about it???

Getting the audio from apps is fine. The problem is the video. Twitter streams are terrible, and the video clips are uploaded in segments onto YouTube hours afterwards, buried among a sea of videos on the ESPN channel.

MMAHour was the centerpiece of the MMA Fighting YouTube channel, but on ESPN's channel it's just another podcast. That's why they're not live streaming it directly on YouTube, because ESPN doesn't want to waste their live stream slot on a lowly MMA podcast. I'm not convinced Ariel made the right move to ESPN. He was the big fish in a small pond, now he's just another fish.

Back