Ariel Helwani new show is impossible to watch

Getting the audio from apps is fine. The problem is the video. Twitter streams are terrible, and the video clips are uploaded in segments onto YouTube hours afterwards, buried among a sea of videos on the ESPN channel.

MMAHour was the centerpiece of the MMA Fighting YouTube channel, but on ESPN's channel it's just another podcast. That's why they're not live streaming it directly on YouTube, because ESPN doesn't want to waste their live stream slot on a lowly MMA podcast. I'm not convinced Ariel made the right move to ESPN. He was the big fish in a small pond, now he's just another fish.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn3nHXu50t5wmDn1n3DDM3Ep8tg5kDWme

Just taken a little longer to upload, will be exactly the same but to a wider audience. I did think it seemed like a bad move, but after seeing the moves Ariel is making to fix the issues everyone was having i'm pretty confident its all fine. I broke that first episode down this week a couple hours a day and it helped move my working day along.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn3nHXu50t5wmDn1n3DDM3Ep8tg5kDWme

Just taken a little longer to upload, will be exactly the same but to a wider audience. I did think it seemed like a bad move, but after seeing the moves Ariel is making to fix the issues everyone was having i'm pretty confident its all fine. I broke that first episode down this week a couple hours a day and it helped move my working day along.

The views on these video clips are significantly less compared to similar clips uploaded to the MMA Fighting's YouTube channel, for example:

And not only does the MMA Fighting's channel stream the MMA Hour in its entirety, they also feature the clips prominently for an entire week, it's not buried behind a sea of other videos, whereas for ESPN you have to save a URL to the playlist, or scroll through dozens of videos to find these clips.

The views on these video clips are significantly less compared to similar clips uploaded to the MMA Fighting's YouTube channel, for example:

And not only does the MMA Fighting's channel stream the MMA Hour in its entirety, they also feature the clips prominently for an entire week, it's not buried behind a sea of other videos, whereas for ESPN you have to save a URL to the playlist, or scroll through dozens of videos to find these clips.

Seems to me like you're reaching buddeh, that video from MMAFighting is 20 days old, whereas those videos have just been uploaded yesterday/today. It will get a lot more popular as the public becomes aware of it plus content will be better as top fighters trust to get interviewed by Ariel.

Seems to me like you're reaching buddeh, that video from MMAFighting is 20 days old, whereas those videos have just been uploaded yesterday/today. It will get a lot more popular as the public becomes aware of it plus content will be better as top fighters trust to get interviewed by Ariel.

20 days doesn't mean anything when video views on most of these clips tapers off after a few days. If you follow their channel as closely as I do you'd know. For example, this is a clip from the latest Luke Thomas MMA Hour, uploaded at around the same time as Ariel's clips on ESPN:

ESPN is a much bigger channel than MMAFighting, Ariel is a much bigger name than Luke Thomas, Ariel had much better guests than Luke Thomas, yet his videos are getting significantly fewer views because Ariel's clips are buried on the EPSN channel in a sea of other videos and ESPN does not allow him to stream live from their YouTube channel, they reserve their live spot for much more important content.

The dude lost me when the MMA hour was longer than an hour! Poor advertising

Your AV is probably the best in history.
Thanks man. It was about time i changed from my last one so this came at a perfect time ;):)

Nope, runs fine for me. It's a new show ofcourse its going to take a bit of time to be back to it's old standard. However he got over 1mil on his first episode which eclipses his mmafighting show.

Be positive, if you enjoy watching it so bad why create a thread whining about it???
The 1mi views thing has been debunked multiple times, including in this thread

20 days doesn't mean anything when video views on most of these clips tapers off after a few days. If you follow their channel as closely as I do you'd know. For example, this is a clip from the latest Luke Thomas MMA Hour, uploaded at around the same time as Ariel's clips on ESPN:

ESPN is a much bigger channel than MMAFighting, Ariel is a much bigger name than Luke Thomas, Ariel had much better guests than Luke Thomas, yet his videos are getting significantly fewer views because Ariel's clips are buried on the EPSN channel in a sea of other videos and ESPN does not allow him to stream live from their YouTube channel, they reserve their live spot for much more important content.

Not to mention his other show behind a paywall.

Yesterday he teased on Twitter that he broke some news in the show but didnt go in depth besides providing the topics. Smh

If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is there to listen, does It really make a sound?

of course it is

chael & helwani

2 people who kiss ass but now are mad they got screwed by the ufc

He's not a real journalist, he's a drama queen. He has on countless occasions during his interviews talked about his Jewish heritage, him being a neurotic jew, going to Hebrew school, playing in the Jewish Olympic games etc. etc. on the MMA Hour. It's way too many to name. How many times have you heard Brett Okamoto talk about his Japanese heritage in comparison? The MMA Hour studio is filled with his own artworks like this one

Always find it really disingenuous when he constantly says his show is " all about the fighters and not about him " when literally his new shows title is his name...

It's not all about the fighters and thats ok.

On twitter: You have to catch it live or watch the replay all in one go and the thing is like 6 hours long. There is no skip ahead function on twitter for video that i know of. (if there is then please enlighten me sherbros)

EDIT: you can actually skip on twitter but only on desktop(on mac, havent tried on PC yet). i had only tried that on my phone(android). isnt perfect but at least its something. Thanks @neandertal for that.

On espn website: It is required that you download the thing on your phone. Apparently you cant stream it. At least on my phone. For the desktop version they require some kind of flash thing to be installed/active. Tried on apple and regular computers and im sure i got the flash updated on both as everything else that requires flash runs no problem. But no dice.

On Youtube: The show will not be posted in full apparently. Only clips. And so far they have posted like 3 guests.... all the other ones are missing.

On itunes: I dont use it. (tried years ago and thought it was a terrible platform) So maybe it is all good over there, but its audio only. You cant watch.

On periscope: I heard you can do it... but really?? Peri-fucking-scope? <FookIsThatGuy> I dont want to have this exclusively to watch one show.

On Spotify: Finally the only place i could get it going, but still you cant watch it. Just listen.

What an absolute joke.... I literally went though every fucking possible means to watch it and none of them are good/ideal....

How are you dealing with it?
If you got a smartphone, get the iTunes podcast app. Search for Helwani. Bingo.

I swear this is super accessible.

Back