Ariel Helwani isnt a real fan

Treeloy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I dont think Helwani is a real mma fan. I think he saw an opportunity to get in early and make it as a reporter and he took his chance. He knew MMA had no reporters and he saw the opportunity to make a name for himself.

How can a guy who despises violence so much actually like MMA? I dont think he does. He doesnt break down fights or ever talk about technique. Hes more concerned with creating fake beef on his radio show and making connections.

I feel like he covers the sport, trying to convince himself hes a fan, but hes not.

He might like his job, the people he meets, his lifestyle etc. I dont think he really enjoys watching fights though.

He would quit mma in a second if he was offered an nba or mlb position.
He faked it until he made it. Hes not a real fan like us. Hes done a lot for the sport but it was all for self gain.

What do you think?

I think he's a legit fan. Even if it started as bullshit, it isn't anymore. But I do also think he would drop mma in a second for some team sport. And that makes me
<{clintugh}>

Yeah he would be covering a real sport in a heartbeat
Or WWE if he could

Agree completely. Ive said this for a long time.

giphy.gif

I've actually got that impression as well

I think he loves his job, and he loves interviewing these guys and telling their stories and instigating pro wrestling beefs and such

But I do think if Ariel didn't work in MMA he wouldn't watch most of the PPVs

Forrest Griffin agrees.

Well he definitely has etched his place in the MMA world.

Fighters like Nick Diaz have candidly said they hate fighting and only do it for the money, so what’s the difference?

yeah he doesn't seem to be a big fan, he likes drama more. but I don't mind, he does a good job in his interviews

Ariel isn't a real fan of fighting and violence, never was and never will.

He is however a real man of popcorn. He loves personalities, drama and story lines. That shit is in his blood. That's what makes him one of the best interviewers and instigators in the business, that's why WWE was his first and one true love. He took up MMA because there was plenty to offer in the drama and personality departments compared to mainstream sports where athletes are buttoned up and off-limits.

Y'all remember that spring break trip you said yes to, not because you give 2 shit about South Padre Island, but because your secret crush is also going and you just want to hang out with her as much as you can? That's Ariel. He just went along with the MMA ride for his secret crush, Miss. drama and popcorn.

hes a legit journalist that has a degree. this is his job and how he pays the bills. most of the fighters like him

Ariel Helwani is the typical sherdogger of MMA journalism. He’s an instigator and trolls fighters to get a reaction out of them. He once got banned by the ufc but came back and created a new account.

Helwani is a phony, nobody denies this except himself.

Well he definitely has etched his place in the MMA world.

Fighters like Nick Diaz have candidly said they hate fighting and only do it for the money, so what’s the difference?

They tend to get their faces bashed in in nearly every fight so I can imagine why they 'hate' it. Also they only want to fight guys who fall into their traps and fight their fights, otherwise they whine and take their ball to go home.

I got the opposite impression but I could be wrong. I feel like hes passionate about it. When he interviews fighters he likes to push for certain matchups which makes me think hes interested in it as a fan. I dont understand why you guys give him shit for instigating, hes a journalist and you gotta admit he asks the questions we're interested about the most.

I think a lot of you guys are closet homos obsessed with a another man who has no real impact in how you enjoy the sport.

How long will he last at ESPN?

He's one of those fans that eventually came around to liking MMA, but still secretly loves pro wrestling 10000x more...because he's a fucking tool.

Back