Media Ariel Helwani: 'Floyd Mayweather came home and seen the Tenshin Highlights and thought twice’

Cant duck a fight ya never intended to take. Everybody was in on this shit from jump imo.

This. Floyd got paid to promote this kid and put his name out there.

I dont even like floyd,but if he feared tenshin,you'd never see their names near each other. The guy's more careful than this.

He said he didn't know who he would be fighting until the press conference lol.

Ariel's theory is based on the fact that Floyd did the press conference talking about his "opponent" Tenshin, and answered questions referring to Tenshin as his "opponent". So for him to get back on US soil and claim he had no idea he was supposed to fight or his opponent was gonna be Tenshin is just a straight up lie.

I didn't know about the press conference before this, and now also believe Floyd is ducking Tenshin. Before this, I would have no base to say such a thing...but him flipping his story and literally contradicting his own words is, to me, a tell-tale sign that he got shook (about losing).
Yeah Tenshin was supposed to be his opponent but they never mentioned a ruleset or anything and if you read what Floyd said about being blindsided at the press conference it makes sense why he just kind of played along when he found out on stage that it was suddenly being advertised as a headliner on a televised event and not just an exhibition Boxing match for a private audience like he was expecting.

I know everyone likes to find any excuse to paint Floyd as a coward but from what he says and the way this is playing out it does seem highly probable Rizen played him to get a boost and since the event is already soldout despite that being the only fight they even announced for the card and Rizin being more talked about than ever I would have to say it worked quite well.

Floyd is probably going to get pressured into actually doing it now too cause the man does have his pride and the spins people are putting on this may very well get to his ego.

He said he didn't know who he would be fighting until the press conference lol.
Anyone who believes that is an idiot

Yeah Tenshin was supposed to be his opponent but they never mentioned a ruleset or anything and if you read what Floyd said about being blindsided at the press conference it makes sense why he just kind of played along when he found out on stage that it was suddenly being advertised as a headliner on a televised event and not just an exhibition Boxing match for a private audience like he was expecting.

I know everyone likes to find any excuse to paint Floyd as a coward but from what he says and the way this is playing out it does seem highly probable Rizen played him to get a boost and since the event is already soldout despite that being the only fight they even announced for the card and Rizin being more talked about than ever I would have to say it worked quite well.

Floyd is probably going to get pressured into actually doing it now too cause the man does have his pride and the spins people are putting on this may very well get to his ego.
Hes not a coward. They just weren't ever gonna fight in the first place. He doesnt give two shots about what people think. He has this story he is sticking too that enough people are willing to believe. The others that think hes a coward hate him anyway and that's just more money in his pocket when he does fight again.

Mayweather has beaten all these killers but is afraid of this 5 foot tall kid with his Tekken moves? Lol. Ok.

The Chicken Team
e2DfVE.gif

If he was being blindsided, why wouldn't he speak out right then and there? Why say one thing only to retract and only once he got back on US soil?

I have no reason to think of him as a coward. I even said, if he is ducking, it's only to protect his image of being unbeaten and not cuz he's scared to fight Tenshin. Maybe he did see the HL and think it was too much of a risk. You might ask why wouldn't he do the same against Conor, but Conor fight had the possibility to generate wayy more money.

Hes not a coward. They just weren't ever gonna fight in the first place. He doesnt give two shots about what people think. He has this story he is sticking too that enough people are willing to believe. The others that think hes a coward hate him anyway and that's just more money in his pocket when he does fight again.

Yeah you have a point. Even if he could provide written and videotaped proof he got played people would still say he's "ducking" and call him a coward so the dude can't win.

I saw Floyd get robbed in the Olympics and have seen every fight since, huge fan. The guy will always have people shitting on him and making bs claims though no matter what he does but it takes a special kind of delusion not to recognize him as one of the hardest working and special type of athlete you only see once in a generation and I'm glad I got to be around to see him.

If he was being blindsided, why wouldn't he speak out right then and there? Why say one thing only to retract and only once he got back on US soil?

I have no reason to think of him as a coward. I even said, if he is ducking, it's only to protect his image of being unbeaten and not cuz he's scared to fight Tenshin. Maybe he did see the HL and think it was too much of a risk. You might ask why wouldn't he do the same against Conor, but Conor fight had the possibility to generate wayy more money.
Floyd can get whatever he wants. If he wanted boxing only,that's what it would be. It would have all been in a contract before we ever saw these two appear in public,after long consideration,whatever the rules were. That's why I think the entire thing was a sham. It's too good. Here we are talking about a fight that was never gonna happen,never will happen. They got us good. They elevated tenshin,rizin,and floyd got a good gauge on what mma fans would think of him taking a fight like that.

He explained why he didn't speak out and waited when he addressed the situation.

Yeah you have a point. Even if he could provide written and videotaped proof he got played people would still say he's "ducking" and call him a coward so the dude can't win.
Oh he already won. He doesnt care about people hating him. He counts on those people to pay to see him lose and then drinks their tears when he snatches their money away.

He wasn't blindsided. He was posting on Instagram about fighting on NYE and wearing RIZIN gloves days before the press conference. More likely than anything is that the rules hadn't been decided bc RIZIN wasn't willing to make their star a sacrificial lamb in a straight boxing match, and Floyd wasn't willing to fight in anything other than a boxing match. Whatever the case, Floyd is lying about being blindsided. You don't post pics of yourself in RIZIN gloves and saying you're fighting on NYE if the fight is supposed to be for "a small group of investors". His logic is stupid, and he is just trying to save face.

Most of the talk of Conor rematch or khabib boxing fight has been largely negative. Floyd needs to figure a new angle to get people to bite.

Interesting fact: Ariel's nose gets bigger with lies

He wasn't blindsided. He was posting on Instagram about fighting on NYE and wearing RIZIN gloves days before the press conference. More likely than anything is that the rules hadn't been decided bc RIZIN wasn't willing to make their star a sacrificial lamb in a straight boxing match, and Floyd wasn't willing to fight in anything other than a boxing match. Whatever the case, Floyd is lying about being blindsided. You don't post pics of yourself in RIZIN gloves and saying you're fighting on NYE if the fight is supposed to be for "a small group of investors". His logic is stupid, and he is just trying to save face.
This I dont believe. If the fight is on nye then there's no way floyd is fighting someone without full preparation and foreknowledge of rules.

Yeah I don't know, whole thing is weird but him saying he's fighting on NYE doesn't really mean anything and I'm pretty sure we've seen him make instagram posts wearing UFC gloves and training in an octagon too.

Anyways, I'm not going to bother arguing about this anymore cause it's really all just speculation from both sides and ultimately an exercise in futility.

This I dont believe. If the fight is on nye then there's no way floyd is fighting someone without full preparation and foreknowledge of rules.
Of course. I was saying that with the context that the fight was even going to happen. It is absolutely possible, if not probable, that it never was meant to happen. I'm just playing devil's advocate. Either way, Floyd's logic is paper plate flimsy, and see through like saran wrap.

I saw Floyd get robbed in the Olympics and have seen every fight since, huge fan. The guy will always have people shitting on him and making bs claims though no matter what he does but it takes a special kind of delusion not to recognize him as one of the hardest working and special type of athlete you only see once in a generation and I'm glad I got to be around to see him.

No, they wouldn't. Stop that nonsense now. Nobody except a complete "nincompoop" would claim he is a coward and a duck if there was any actual proof of him getting played, let alone videotapes.

I think your point of view is biased based on your love of Mayweather. I don't think you can see much fault in him even if you had written and videotape of him showing he knew his opponent and he was going to fi...wait a minute...

I don't think anyone here is arguing his work ethics or skills as a boxer. You're bringing that into this conversation like people are calling him lazy and a bum or can.

He explained why he didn't speak out and waited when he addressed the situation.

Didn't know he addressed it. Will have to try and find.

Back