Are we seriously mad at GSP for what he did?

Since when was it the fighter's responsibility to make sure the business runs by the books? The ONLY thing a fighter has to focus on is how he can make the most amount of money possible while he's able to before he retires. Who the fuck are you dweebs to bad talk a legend like George St Pierre for what he did? It's not HIS responsibility to look out for the MW division. The man stepped in after YEARS of doing nothing but fucking gymnastics and slapped the shit out of the MW champ and EMBARRASSED the UFC and the entire scrub division who couldn't get it done. GSP is the one who brought law and order to this bitch. He told Anderson and Rocksalt to have a seat and watch how a GOAT gets it done.

He came, he saw, he conquered, he dipped.

It's lame that he wants to be called a former MW champion when he ran from every top challenge at MW.

Whittaker is the interim champ and earned shot at title. GSP hops Whittaker then denies him a shot at either linear champ, which basically neutered the mw division, seemingly just for some easy ppv numbers. Don't get mad about mma but as a fight fan that's some serious bs.

This guy gets it.

It is kind of lame, but I don't blame him.

He is gonna take that fight money and go bang some more hot black women. I am green with envy.

Silva didn't do the same thing at LHW. Virtually nobody wanted to see Silva get wrestle fucked by Jon Jones. Silva and Jones didn't even wanna fight. Pretty sure Jones said it himself.

GSP and Silva are actually similar in size. Cormier vs Silva looked retarded. Imagine Silva looking at Jones lmao.

I can't believe you guys are seriously pretending like that's the same thing....

That's late in Silva's career though when good fights like Weidman had emerged at MW, I'm talking more the late 00's. When Anderson beat Hendo the cupboard really was pretty bare at MW in the UFC and most fans wanted to see Silva move up and fight the best LHW's who again were often guys who weren't actually much if at all larger than him due to that division drawing in more talent with the greater money on offer.

Honestly I think both men had less in the way of quality evolved opposition than the hype behind them made out. However in GSP's case this was more down to WW being quite a thin very wrestler heavy division due to a lack of investment outside the UFC. In Andersons case it was more because the best guys his size were bar Hendo fighting at LHW and he avoided facing them.

I mean if GSP had moved up and won yeah it would have been a massive win and other big names have faced larger size differences but still I view that as less of a negative that avoiding fighting the best guys you own size. Hendo is probably Andersons best win but even he is really more a legend due to the length of his career, his record was always patchy never showing the kind of domaince that Shogun, Machida and Rashad did at their best.

I'm just sad we might not get to see him in the Octagon again at any weight class

Nope. I would have done the exact same thing. He fought and older/fatter fighter in Bisping. Bisping's best attributes are toughness and cardio. GSP looked at that and said two division champ status here I come.

I genuinely don't understand why anyone would be mad at GSP.
Bisping tried to go for the world record in ducking and Dana let him, to facilitate the bullshit GSP fight.

GSP took advantage of the bullshit, snatched the title away from a bullshit champ and fucked off.
If you want to blame someone for this mess, blame Dana and Bisping.

Of course we are.

The ONLY thing a fan has to focus on is how to get the best fights.
GSP fucked it up by jumping line to fight Bisping and now for leaving when good fights could be made with him.

So yeah, we have reasons to not to like his whole MW "run".

But I guess you're too much up his ass to see it, considering your bitching post.

Back