Are we seriously mad at GSP for what he did?

Funny how you point out robert whitaker coming off a knee surgery while berating a person who became a two div 170/185 lbs champion with TWO ACL surgeries in his past, and a 4 year layoff.

I point it out because GSP would have ample time to prepare for him....

Meanwhile, Silva took a fight with Cormier, a man who fought at heavyweight on like a 1 or 2 days notice lol.

How could you possibly compare GSP to Silva haha

You aren't taking into account that GSP ducked the super fight with Silva for years. It was THE fight in MMA. The SRL-Hagler of MMA.

GSP robbed MMA fan of probably the best matchup of all time. Two of the best 4 fighters ever at their absolute apex. GSP turns Silva down repeatedly.

Instead, the MW fight we get is Bisping. A career gate keeper.

Fuck GSP.

Only GSP is supposed to move up and fight the best? I hate to break it to you but Silva never went up and fought the best and neither has 99.9% of the champions in the UFC. If you’re going to call out GSP you need to not be a hypocrite and call out every champion, past and present. You should start with Silva he ducked Jones for years..

People are just mad that they spent years putting GSP down for not finishing and not moving up. He does both against the then MW champion and they’re left with nothing

Silva didn't do the same thing at LHW. Virtually nobody wanted to see Silva get wrestle fucked by Jon Jones. Silva and Jones didn't even wanna fight. Pretty sure Jones said it himself.

GSP and Silva are actually similar in size. Cormier vs Silva looked retarded. Imagine Silva looking at Jones lmao.

I can't believe you guys are seriously pretending like that's the same thing....

This whole post

<36>

Only GSP is supposed to move up and fight the best? I hate to break it to you but Silva never went up and fought the best and neither has 99.9% of the champions in the UFC. If you’re going to call out GSP you need to not be a hypocrite and call out every champion, past and present. You should start with Silva he ducked Jones for years..

Except for the fact that Jones said he had no interest in a Silva fight lol. So how is that a duck?

www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/Jones-No-interest-in-fighting-Silva-either

Silva fought Cormier on one day notice. How can you possibly shit on Silva for not fighting Jones when he's moved up and fought other LHWs, including Cormier on extremely short notice. Not to mention that Silva is way past his prime and did it anyway.

How is that anything like GSP turning down a Silva fight? Silva wanted to fight him.

BJ Penn fought fucking Machida haha. But GSP can't even fight a guy one class above him who's similar in size to he is.

GSP pissed on MMA fans by turning down Silva and returning to fight Bisping. It would not have been half as annoying if GSP didn't come back.

But he did and it proved once and for all that he ducked Silva lol.

Yes in a way I kind of am...but he doesn't owe any of us shit

So there's that
The fact so called fans take such a cavalier attitude about rightful contenders repeatedly being fucked over is one of the reasons so many will never take MMA seriously. Spare me the semantics, bullshit. Pierre held up the division for months as soon as this sham was announced. Yet, so many of you continually bump your gums about how bad boxing is. MMA with Dana White as the figuredhead is pathetic. I'm not talking about the revenue. I'm talking about legitimacy. With fans like a lot of you, these fighters don't need enemies.

I am, and guys who think money is more important than class and integrity are bums. Not saying that Gsp isn’t the epitome of class but with regards to what he did, and only that, I cannot respect it because what he did harms the integrity of the sport. Champs need to defend, and more importantly, title shots need to be earned and coveted. That’s really my beef with him.

Except for the fact that Jones said he had no interest in a Silva fight lol. So how is that a duck?

Silva fought Cormier on one day notice. How can you possibly shit on Silva for not fighting Jones when he's moved up and fought other LHWs, including Cormier on extremely short notice. Not to mention that Silva is way past his prime and did it anyway.

How is that anything like GSP turning down a Silva fight? Silva wanted to fight him.

BJ Penn fought fucking Machida haha. But GSP can't even fight a guy one class above him who's similar in size to he is.

GSP pissed on MMA fans by turning down Silva and returning to fight Bisping. It would not have been half as annoying if GSP didn't come back.

Anderson said he didn’t want to fight Jones first. He admitted he would rather fight GSP because it would be an easier fight. How is that not a duck? Everyone knows he would have got destroyed even he himself.

People wanted to see him fight Shogun after he KO’d Machida. At that point Anderson already had 2 LHW fights against Irvin and Forrest. Shogun? No he’s my friend - Shogun denied this and said he would fight him. Anderson then says Shogun would have to drop down to MW to fight him LOL. How is that not a duck?

Anderson fought DC when he had absolutely nothing to lose. If he was still the undefeated UFC fighter pre Weidman no way he takes that fight.

Anderson carefully selected his LHW fights yet here you are trying to tell us different.

Lol at Anderson being similar size.

Now that he's done, I just ready for things to move on and get back to order.

GSP restored order to that division. There's no need to wait any longer.

I’m not shitting on Silva I’m just pointing out how hypocritical you’re being. Silva never ever went up and fought the best in the division above. So if you’re going to rip GSP for this reason you need to rip Silva and pretty much every champion...ever.

Anderson moved up from 168lb's. LHW was his second jump in weight.

Anderson said he didn’t want to fight Jones first. He admitted he would rather fight GSP because it would be an easier fight. How is that not a duck? Everyone knows he’s have got destroyed even he himself.

People wanted to see him fight Shogun after he KO’d Machida. At that point Anderson already had 2 LHW fights against Irvin and Forrest. Shogun? No he’s my friend - Shogun denied this and said he would fight him. Anderson then says Shogun would have to drop down to MW to fight him LOL. How is that not a duck?

Anderson fought DC when he had absolutely nothing to lose. If he was still the undefeated UFC fighter pre Weidman no way he takes that fight.

Anderson carefully selected his LHW fights yet here you are trying to tell us different.

Lol at Anderson being similar size.

If you want to argue that Anderson ducked Shogun, then idc. I'll be right there with you. But he didn't duck Jones lol. How do you duck somebody who isn't even calling you out or asking to fight you?

Yea, Silva and GSP are closer in size than Silva is to Cormier or Jones. I don't know how you could possibly even argue that. Do you have eyes? Jones is cutting from 230 and has a longer reach than any fighter in the heavyweight division lol. How on Earth are him and Silva close in size? Jones towers over every light heavyweight aside from Gus.

Anderson is taller than GSP, but they have a pretty similar reach. GSP definitely didn't look small against Bisping. GSP and Anderson are close enough in size that it doesn't look retarded if they fight...

Hmm I wonder how he made such incredible gains in such a short amount of time...

mrzdwx.jpg

I’m not shitting on Silva I’m just pointing out how hypocritical you’re being. Silva never ever went up and fought the best in the division above. So if you’re going to rip GSP for this reason you need to rip Silva and pretty much every champion...ever.

Silva fought Cormier for the light heavyweight championship in onesm days notice?!

Jones said he didn't even want to fight Silva.

In fact, I shit on Silva for not wanting to fight Shogun above.

I'm not being hypocritical. I'm being pretty damn consistent.

He saw a weak mw champ and saw an oppurtunity. My beef with him is not that he took the fight. Its the lying he did before the fight ehen asked about it. But the ufc knew and agreed on it. They are the real crocks here.

The same 6 little bitches crying over it here on Sherdog.

I'm guessing it's actually 2, with 3 accounts.

GSP said he would fight Anderson at 170. If that was his weight class why not go down and challenge for the belt?

Anderson bulked up from his Pride days there is no way he could make 170. He was cutting from 215-210 to make 185. Anderson is bigger than GSP.

If you want to argue that Anderson ducked Shogun, then idc. I'll be right there with you. But he didn't duck Jones lol. How do you duck somebody who isn't even calling you out or asking to fight you?

He did duck Jones lol. The excuse he gave was that he and Jon Jones were friends <45>

Jones didn't press the issue because he would look like a coward calling out a smaller fighter... The same reason ALMOST no fighters do that. Calling out smaller fighters is generally seen as a major bitch move in MMA circles you know that right?

Yea, Silva and GSP are closer in size than Silva is to Cormier or Jones. I don't know how you could possibly even argue that. Do you have eyes? Jones is cutting from 230 and has a longer reach than any fighter in the heavyweight division lol. How on Earth are him and Silva close in size? Jones towers over every light heavyweight aside from Gus.

Anderson is taller than GSP, but they have a pretty similar reach. GSP definitely didn't look small against Bisping. GSP and Anderson are close enough in size that it doesn't look retarded if they fight...

Ed Soars himself said that, at Anderson's peak, he was walking around at 225 lbs and he was FAR to big to fight GSP.

gsp_silva-side-by-side-jpg.1334

Jones is bigger than Silva.

Silva is bigger than GSP.

GSP said he would fight Anderson at 170. If that was his weight class why not go down and challenge for the belt?

Anderson bulked up from his Pride days there is no way he could make 170. He was cutting from 215-210 to make 185. Anderson is bigger than GSP.
He weighed in at 182lb against Leites. And they were always pushing for a catchweight of around 177.

Back