Are there surefire ways to stall wrestling throws for a submission grappler?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Suppose a Greco Roman Olympiad were to face Marcelo Garcia on concrete, same weight class.
For argument sake they can only grapple. Can Garcia stall the wrestlers throwing attempts and get to the ground safely or this is a hole in the submission grappling curriculum, since they all train on mats?

We rarely see much throwing attempts by wrestlers against submission grapplers since they don't do any good on mats - can't win by that alone. But on concrete they would.

You would pull guard on a wrestler on concrete?:)

You smile but I'd rather deal with whatever he had on the ground after sitting down myself than after being taken down. Especially if I'm Marcelo Garcia, which I am in your example.

You smile but I'd rather deal with whatever he had on the ground after sitting down myself than after being taken down. Especially if I'm Marcelo Garcia, which I am in your example.

Put the point is that the wrestlers one and only objective is to throw you. He will not be stupid enough to go into your guard.

Space time is the worst troll since herpes

Put the point is that the wrestlers one and only objective is to throw you. He will not be stupid enough to go into your guard.

Then I just ended the confrontation without any violence done to either party by just sitting down. Yay for me!

Coach to Marcelo Garcia: Don't do shit.

Coach to Wrestler: pick his ass up!

then ther is no fight lol why r u wanting to fight a greco champ on concrete its obviously due to him attacking you so pulling for leg locks would be ideal if he doesnt engage then great were not fighting on concrete

then ther is no fight lol why r u wanting to fight a greco champ on concrete its obviously due to him attacking you so pulling for leg locks would be ideal if he doesnt engage then great were not fighting on concrete

Why not try and choke him in a clinch? Something. A Greco Roman guy with no knowledge of jujitsu is like a Virgin

Why not try and choke him in a clinch? Something. A Greco Roman guy with no knowledge of jujitsu is like a Virgin

cause he can slam you on your head lol only choke your getting froma clinch is a guillotine and a wrestler isnt gonna sit there and go out wouthout slamming you on your head go try this and report back

cause he can slam you on your head lol only choke your getting froma clinch is a guillotine and a wrestler isnt gonna sit there and go out wouthout slamming you on your head go try this and report back

I am not Marcelo Gracie. I think he is a bit harder to slam at free will

I think you want to research sprawl and brawl techniques, learn to actually wrestle, then master defensive moves like standing up from bottom, wall walking, shaking back control, using the overhook to prevent the back take. Fighting for underhooks. All that shit.

2 on 1 against anyone you know is much better than you, but at best all youre doing is prolonging the inevitable

I think you want to research sprawl and brawl techniques, learn to actually wrestle, then master defensive moves like standing up from bottom, wall walking, shaking back control, using the overhook to prevent the back take. Fighting for underhooks. All that shit.

I have sprawled and wrestled a freestyle wrestler. He did not manage to take me down.

Should be ready for the Olympics then no prob

The discrepency between me, a laymen who doesn't know anything and a random guy wrestling, is probably higher than Marcelo Garcia and an Olympic wrestler. Don't you think?

Back