Are there any ACTUAL Conor fans?

As a fighter? A huge fan I don't see how anybody can't be. He's brutally aggressive has the utmost confidence in his abilities and tries to finish every fight as quickly as possible. I'm not necessarily a fan of everything else he brings to the game but as a fighter he's one of my favorites.

Satire (noun) -

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Satire has been described as militant irony.

Iron knee? Something no one at AKA has.

You must be new to the internet, welcome.
Respect! Satire is the only effective weapon against orthodoxy. It should be used as such, not as a comedy bit. You're on the right track, using it to ridicule posters with orthodox positions.

Maybe I'm not alone after all, trying to make a satire out of orthodoxy...

Sounds odd seeing as how he is pop culture on Sherdog and in person at bars or hooters. He draws in casuals who have no clue who Chuck Liddel is(much less Fedor).

I forgive casuals at bars because I'm just excited to see people come to support MMA whether they like Conor or whoever.

But within educated MMA individuals/communities. I do mean you, Sherdog. Does he have actual educated fans? We see trolls saying he will KO Floyd/Tony within 30 seconds and Conor bless this and that etc. But it's rare you see actual in depth analysis of WHY he would beat Khabib/Ferg/Woodley. I assume it's because any MMA fan knows that is bullshit. Like how I know Reem/mousasi/Fedor aren't the best today and/or never have been, despite being my top 3 favorites.

TL;DR: Does Conor have any actual fans who have been a fan of MMA for 5+ years? Or only casuals/trolls?

Selective Sherdog bubble much? Conor is one of the most popular fighters among Sherdoggers in the history of MMA.

Sounds odd seeing as how he is pop culture on Sherdog and in person at bars or hooters. He draws in casuals who have no clue who Chuck Liddel is(much less Fedor).

I forgive casuals at bars because I'm just excited to see people come to support MMA whether they like Conor or whoever.

But within educated MMA individuals/communities. I do mean you, Sherdog. Does he have actual educated fans? We see trolls saying he will KO Floyd/Tony within 30 seconds and Conor bless this and that etc. But it's rare you see actual in depth analysis of WHY he would beat Khabib/Ferg/Woodley. I assume it's because any MMA fan knows that is bullshit. Like how I know Reem/mousasi/Fedor aren't the best today and/or never have been, despite being my top 3 favorites.

TL;DR: Does Conor have any actual fans who have been a fan of MMA for 5+ years? Or only casuals/trolls?

Yes.

I have to wonder about posts like this. Are you actually paying attention? Are you really seriously interested in the answer? Or are you just posting more anti-Conor propaganda?

My favorite fighter of all time is prime Fedor. I also happen to be a Conor McGregor fan. I'm not the only one.

It's really sad that people posing as "true/educated MMA fans" are so weak minded that they get caught up in the hype and the good natured trolling (also known as joking around) and post garbage insisting that the only people who like McGregor are uneducated casuals.

Get over yourself Mister 2013 join date. (yes, I'm aware that join date doesn't really mean anything, but you brought up the issue of time)

I am a fan for sure. I even love to see his antics. Even the ones that make me face palm are still fun to watch.

I just hate, with every bone in my body, the Conor nuthuggers. I don't mean a true spirited fan, but the guys that live to make you insane. Trolls on speed if you will.

I dunno maybe I'm a fan of Ric Flair and I like seeing him resurrected in the UFC?

Barely missed a card since UFC 103 (Franklin vs Belfort) in 09, loved WEC, streamed Strikeforce all the time in university, torrented every Pride FC event in history and have them on an external hard-drive.

Love McGregor and all the interest he brings to our little sport. Never has the lighy shone brighter on MMA than when he fights. Wish he was focused on MMA right now, but if anyone else had the opportunity to do what he's doing they would too. If Anderson Silva could have boxed Roy Jones Jr he woulda been out of the octagon in a second. Conor's plan was always to make as much money as possible and split. I ain't gonna hate on someone for being smart and looking out for their own self interest.

I don't know why people find it so hard to believe that Conor has fans that are also legit MMA fans. I've watched MMA for at least a decade and have trained, and think that WWE is for children.
Conor is an exciting fighter, with an exciting style that brings it EVERY single time he steps into the Octagon. What is there not to like about him as a fighter?

It's his haters that are the WWE casual crowd. Guys can't separate the personality/promotion from the actual fight.

Honestly, I've never had so many of my friends talk to be about an MMA fighter until Conor McGregor. I see people who don't even follow MMA posting on their Instagram how Conor McGregor is their hero and such a great influence.

There's a lot of McGregor fans and they need to be eradicated.

Khabib-chat.gif

Are you upset Conor has positively influenced others in a good way?
Does it upset you more that they can't name three people Conor has fought?

But really, when all is said and done, you will still have done nothing with your life except hate on someone who did.

Who needs to be eradicated?

Conor is one my favourites and i been watching since chuck/tito days. No one has come close to as interesting as mcgregor in mma.

These McNugget cheerleaders will learn soon...

Their false idol is not the greatest...

Floyd will toy with Conor...

Then humble him and his gang of girls... #NeverForget

If Conor loses to Floyd in a boxing match, my enjoyment of his MMA fights will remain unimpeded. I stayed a fan after his embarrassing loss to Nate. Losing to the greatest boxer of his generation in a boxing match means nothing.

On topic, yes there are loads of Conor fans TS. I like Conor a lot. He is not my favourite fighter and not a perfect human being by any stretch. But he's exciting, works hard, fights regularly, pushes boundaries and takes risks. He's a great fighter even if he isn't the best ever and has some flaws in his game.

Are you upset Conor has positively influenced others in a good way?
Does it upset you more that they can't name three people Conor has fought?

But really, when all is said and done, you will still have done nothing with your life except hate on someone who did.

Who needs to be eradicated?

giphy.gif

Chuck is like one of the most mainstream fighters ever. Pretty poor example, I'd have gone with Saku or Vovchanchyn.

I've been a huge Conor fan since his UFC debut and my other all time favorites are Fedor, Shogun, Cro Cop and Saku.

you can't figure why people would pick conor over Ferg? Ferg got put down 5-6 times by a 145'er on a weeks notice. Conor's left would sleep him in the first 30 seconds.

Fedor is 4-3-1 in teh last 7 years with his only wins coming against scrubs, of course he's not considered the best today.

Been a fan even prior to his infamy.

Still a fan. Whatever problem all the fair-weather, TMZ fans have with him has zero bearing on my opinion.

If it wasn't Conor vs Nate 2 I never would have gotten into MMA and would've never heard of Fedor, Cro Cop, Big Nog, Hendo and other greats. Even if 1% of the people he brings become hardcore fans, that's still more than before.
This sums up Conor fans. Casuals who started watching a month ago and don't know shit about the sport.

Atleast you're brave enough to admit. Even though it makes you look like a dumbass.

you can't figure why people would pick conor over Ferg? Ferg got put down 5-6 times by a 145'er on a weeks notice. Conor's left would sleep him in the first 30 seconds.

Fedor is 4-3-1 in teh last 7 years with his only wins coming against scrubs, of course he's not considered the best today.
Khabib/Tony could literally treat McTapsalot the way Randy did Tony.

Ankle pic, submission. 30 seconds first round. He doesn't stand a chance. Casual.

Back