Are folks REALLY clowning on Platinum Perry after that fight?!?

39 here. I used to buy $130 case of Chimay, but now i drink mostly Franziskaner. Does that count?

I dont know what those things are.

But I'm sure they're delicious :)

Western culture tends to judge and look down their noses at those who've straddled the line between this world and the other/sanity and the other. Many other cultures revere these individuals as blessed...as soothsayers whose walk on the other side has given them a perspective and wisdom that regular people cannot understand. It's not the crossing over that makes them special...it's the crossing over and coming back.

You seem like a good dude.

If you were a write-off drunk you wouldn't be here engaging with people like me.

I dont know what those things are.

But I'm sure they're delicious :)

Western culture tends to judge and look down their noses at those who've straddled the line between this world and the other/sanity and the other. Many other cultures revere these individuals as blessed...as soothsayers whose walk on the other side has given them a perspective and wisdom that regular people cannot understand. It's not the crossing over that makes them special...it's the crossing over and coming back.

You seem like a good dude.

If you were a write-off drunk you wouldn't be here engaging with people like me.
Maybe im just too drunk too know when to move on to the next troll. :)

I’m gonna keep raging... Perry quit throwing in the last round and that deserves all the hell that can be brought.

I would have never guessed Perry would be a heartless quitter.

Compare Platinum to Lawler... Robby was swinging at the end of the 5th .... Perry might as well have tapped 2 minutes into the 3rd.

He is trailer park Eric Silva.
He quit as soon as he got rocked by the model, too.

I actually like the guy, he's entertaining, but his fanbase are delusional. For a "WW Wanderlei 2.0", he seems to get timid once the fight isn't going his way.

He was happy to lay against the fence when he was taken down in the third. It's obvious even minimal grappling exchanges gas him out as well, because he stopped moving forward after tying up in halfway during the second.

I'll give it to him - his head movement surprised me in this fight. He was slipping and rolling punches, but for a predominantly boxer orientated MMA fighter, he can't seem to work the jab, or straight punches at all. That tenancy to always slip at any faint is gonna cost him against a good kicker soon, too.

He's a brawler with a granite chin that has a fairly limited arsenal in his discipline of choice. If his opponent can wear his overhands and hooks for the first 8 minutes, he doesn't really have much to fall back on.

Still, he's a fun guy to watch.

Platinum did boxing at one time did he not? It seems like he's just lacking some basic jabs and fundamental striking that could help open up opportunities for his haymakers etc

I can't BELIEVE the amount of disrespect and hate I'm seeing here after that scrap.

Did nobody actually SEE their FACES after that fight?!?

I am no perry hugger by a LONG SHOT, but dude BROUGHT IT, and jacked Ponz' face up like something straight out of a HORROR movie.

Give PROPS where they are due, dudes.

I think you're plenty smart enough to know that hes getting the backlash because his fanbase is on here talking trash every day. Nobody cares what he did in the fight, most are just happy to see him lose so his fan base can shut up.

I for one am very happy.

I can't believe how many good posters are becoming Perry fans/ defenders for the sole reason of gaining likes. It's lame.
the like system (since introduced into sherdog)... has completely shit on any hope for real, intellectual discussion about mma on this forum.
everything now is witty insults, jokes, and cliche gifs..... all in the hopes of increasing a forum number that somehow makes you better and have meaningless bragging rights over others.

imo the like system is the antithesis of an environment where you can have real discussion.

It's the fanbase that annoys people. Anyone w/ annoying fans are clowned on regardless if they come to fight or not. Mike fans and Conor fans have turned into the most silver lining seeing motherfudgers in the world.

Dude platinum nation has spent the last 4 months telling everyone who will click on their threads that perry is the GOAT. And you're wondering why people are disrespecting him after this fight?? He lost, even the best fighters lose. He was supposed to KO Pinocchio in the first round right? Fun fight either way tho for sure
Disrespecting a warrior who left everything he had in the cage cuz of his fans?

I can't BELIEVE the amount of disrespect and hate I'm seeing here after that scrap.

I am no perry hugger by a LONG SHOT, but dude BROUGHT IT, and jacked Ponz' face up like something straight out of a HORROR movie.

Yeah, me too, look at USFC, I bet against Perry, but for some odd fucked up reason, I found myself rooting for Perry as the fight started... Don't ask me why... I just do! If he had won, Id join the platinum nation... Too bad! But Ponz ran the fucking whole two rounds, how the fuck did he win the judges scorecard, he got round three for sure, but not 1,2... It's like watching Diaz vs Condit again... Not as badly but it's vlose

It was pretty good fight, respect for both fighters. But Till is way better than these guys so i expected little bit more. I will be surprised if Ponzinibbio makes it past 1st round.

If he were treated as an ordinary fighter he would get props. The problem is a select group of sherdoggers decided to spam the forum with "Platinum bless" and "GOAT" talk. He's a decent midcarder with a just bleed fight style. Nothing more.

If he were treated as an ordinary fighter he would get props. The problem is a select group of sherdoggers decided to spam the forum with "Platinum bless" and "GOAT" talk. He's a decent midcarder with a just bleed fight style. Nothing more.
Yup! But still, how the fuck did Ponz won that fight, he ran for R1 and R2! Oh and fuck platinum nation, those guys made me hate this dude, but in reality, Perrys easy to root for, he went in there to fight, not point scoring like Ponz

It was neck and neck up to that point, the eye poke in the second drew blood and swelling which was when Ponz started landing clean, until that point Perry's head movement was really impressive. The spinning backfist takedown doesn't happen, and that one could have went either way, and whoever would have been named the winner would have deserved it.
Lol it was neck and neck until Perry gassed put

Back