Anyone Picking Maia over Usman?

I think maia takes it easy.

Usman wants Colby because of the. Brazil comment. Even though he is not Brazilian he got very butt hurt.

See who takes on maia better
Usman wants Colby because he sees a similar styled wet blanket fighter getting a crap of load of hype while he struggles to get any type of momentum.

Usman wants Colby because he sees a similar styled wet blanket fighter getting a crap of load of hype while he struggles to get any type of momentum.

Colby only got hype for our working maia.

Usman hasn't fought anyone near top 15

Maia is my favourite fighter. I think he'll do it. Hate the short notice though, especially for this weight-cut.

Basically people here think usman is a better version of Colby, which he is not, because they dislike Colby.

Therefore any fighter Colby beats, they think usman automatically can beat even easier.

It is Sherdog 101

For a -400 fight there is money to be made betting on Maia. Don't count him out - he only loses fights to the best in the world.

It all depends on Usmans tdd. If that holds up, he should take this pretty comfortably. I give him the edge in the stand up.

I still think Maia has a great chance, though, because Maia's takedowns are not traditional takedowns at all and Usman doesn't have much time to prepare specifically for Maia.

He does actually have pretty traditional td entrances.He usually just shoots a single often switching to a double or shooting a double.He has pretty basic wrestling td's in general.His strength there is he chains stuff together and just sticks to people looking for anyway to get it down or get the back and try to drag it down as opposed to just failing the td and giving up.He likes double underhook trips too or doublehooks and just dragging people in different directions while looking for a trip or to get the feet off the ground while they are off balance.His Sonnen td was pretty tricky but I can't remember it perfectly..a lateral drop maybe?

He'll have a terrible time trying to take Usman down,I think he'll eventually be looking to pull guard and sweep,he's really good at that.The more scrambles he can make the better chance he has to catch something but all in all his entrance on td's are almost always very wrestling based but he gets awkward when he gets a hold of you doing some weird shit and that might be effective once or twice but I don't think so,but if he can get the back once he could find something.

I don't have a lot of faith in Maia for this one but he's certainly got the skills to pull it off.War Maia!

He does actually have pretty traditional td entrances.He usually just shoots a single often switching to a double or shooting a double.He has pretty basic wrestling td's in general.His strength there is he chains stuff together and just sticks to people looking for anyway to get it down or get the back and try to drag it down as opposed to just failing the td and giving up.He likes double underhook trips too or doublehooks and just dragging people in different directions while looking for a trip or to get the feet off the ground while they are off balance.His Sonnen td was pretty tricky but I can't remember it perfectly..a lateral drop maybe?

He'll have a terrible time trying to take Usman down,I think he'll eventually be looking to pull guard and sweep,he's really good at that.The more scrambles he can make the better chance he has to catch something but all in all his entrance on td's are almost always very wrestling based but he gets awkward when he gets a hold of you doing some weird shit and that might be effective once or twice but I don't think so,but if he can get the back once he could find something.

I don't have a lot of faith in Maia for this one but he's certainly got the skills to pull it off.War Maia!

I was talking about his clinch takedowns, which are his specialty. He does a lot of weird stuff that you don't see in traditional wrestling.

I want nothing more than Maia to sub the shit outta Usman.

But Id lean towards Usman winning a UD if I had to bet money on the fight.

I have a theory that Maia gasses in standup - even when he’s winning - but not during grappling. We’ll see... or not, because Usman might also just light him up in the 1st, lol.

Agree, all though he gassed badly against MacDonald, in rounds 2 and 3, after grappling him well in the first 1st. Generally though, his grappling stamina is very good. I think its because he's a huge arm puncher, highly inefficient with his striking...no legs (argh). He obviously got emotional in round 1 against Cody, throwing bombs like a drunk dude outside a bar...cost him dearly, for rounds 2 and 3, and ultimately the fight.

For a -400 fight there is money to be made betting on Maia. Don't count him out - he only loses fights to the best in the world.
You really put Colby and Mark Munoz among the best in the world?

Maia reduces everyone's striking output while he has gas in the tank.

He wants you throwing so he can duck underneath it and get a hold of you. If Usman starts throwing too recklessly he gives Maia a chance to initiate the clinch and drag him down.

We thought Maia was done the last time they started throwing him to the young wolves, however, he parlayed those into a title shot. I hope he has one more go in him.

Do think Maia has a good chance.
Just hope Usman doesn't panic box like Colby.
Fight will be meh in that case.

Back