Anyone here heard of Nightwish? Or Delain?

G

Guestx

Some of you may recall that there was a Satabon thread floating around here a little while back. Well I had never heard of Sabaton, but I liked their shit so much that I looked to see if they were going to be touring in the States. Sure enough they are and will be here in SLC later this month, but only as an opener for another band called Nightwish.

Anyone heard of them? Or seen them live? I had not, but I checked out some of their stuff and it seems pretty cool. Apparently there's also a band called Delain on the ticket. I haven't heard of them either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard Nightwish, and they suck. If Delron(sounds like an explosive man's name) are similar, they will suck as well.

What's funny, is the only thing that separates bands calling themselves Doom Metal or Gothic Metal, is whether they have a female vocalist.

I love that song, over the hills and far away.

Wasn't a fan of their other songs.

Nightwish (I think) did a kind of cool cover of the Phantom of the Opera. But yes, other than that, they are pretty bad.

seen delain in january,seeing night wish in December,they have a new singer now.

The phantom of the opera cover is badass but I love that song anyways. Not a fan of anything else they do though.

I've got a few Nightwish albums. I love music that tries to sound different. I'm going to check out the other two bands you mention.

Edit: Sabaton is not my thing, but that Delain song you posted sounds awesome. That's my kind of music.

if you like the night wish stuff,check out within temptation.

Nightwish has been around for years now and are a solid household name, but I hate heavy symphonic metal.

Used to like Nightwish, I probably still have some of their albums hidden away. I don't think I could listen to them now.. although, thinking about it, I do like the song 'Sleeping Sun'.

I'd only go to Nightwish concerts to pick up girls, now that I am over the whole goth chick thing I see no other reason to.

Nightwish are a damn good band provided that type of music is your thing. I'm pretty sure they've shifted lead singers like 3 times or so by now though, so I don't know if they're still as good as they were with the alien-looking woman as their front man. Seriously, you remove her hair and she looks like a UFO.

Nightwish are a damn good band provided that type of music is your thing. I'm pretty sure they've shifted lead singers like 3 times or so by now though, so I don't know if they're still as good as they were with the alien-looking woman as their front man. Seriously, you remove her hair and she looks like a UFO.

You mean that Floor Jansen? she's gorgeous man, 6ft of beauty

235807_(2009)%20Floor%20Jansen.jpg

floor-jansen_00071020.jpg

I have seen them 2 years ago live with the new singer Floor Jansen

It was a good concert but they played only 1 song from there old work: "she is my sin"

I have 4 cd of them, some of my friends where really big fans,
there best work is
Oceanborn

Wishmaster
61W1BJEJZ0L._SS500_.jpg

The best period is with Tarja imo, and the first 3 albums after that it became a bit meh.

Tarja's* Nightwish = Best Nightwish.

*First singer they had. She was a bitch, refusing to practice and shit, so they dumped her. Their second singer had a more pop-like voice, and was eventually dropped. Floor Jansen's voice is much closer to Tarja's.

Floor doing Ghost Love Score live is epic.

if you like the night wish stuff,check out within temptation.

Having listened to some more of their work I think Nightwish and I are going to get along well. I will check out Within Temptation. Thanks for the recommendation.

I have 4 cd of them, some of my friends where really big fans,
there best work is

Oceanborn
cover_4235919112009.jpg

Wishmaster
61W1BJEJZ0L._SS500_.jpg

The best period is with Tarja imo, and the first 3 albums after that it became a bit meh.

Cool, I'll check those out. That Oceanborn cover looks pretty badass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back