Anyone here doesn't like Robert Whittaker?

He avenged that loss with authority though,

I wont sit here and argue george should be ahead of Jones or even Fedor. Jones, Fedor, GSP and mighty mouse are all fine by me in any order. But if you want to argue that Steroid failures should not be considered in goat conversations, It puts george ahead clearly so at that point it's a matter of perspective.

I'd rather have GSP's Legacy than Jones, personally. although that does not make him a better fighter. Jones has been stripped twice and suspended multiple times for Drug failures. GSP is Squeaky Clean and retired with 2 lineal titles.
- Official sherdog p4p rankings during GSP championship years:

2012 - Silva #1
https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-PoundforPound-Top-10-45047

2011 - Silva #1
https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-PoundforPound-Top-10-36383

2010 - Silva #1
https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-PoundforPound-Top-10-23166

2009 - Silva #1
https://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/Sherdogcoms-PoundforPound-Top-10-17145

2008 - Silva #1
https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/GSP-Moves-Up-P4P-List-But-Not-to-Top-12459

Oh so you're one of THOSE whittaker fans. lmfao My point proven exactly.

Whittaker landed NINE more strikes. There wasn't a double digit striking differential and no grappling to mention. Only one person almost got finished in that round that had a striking differential of less than 10 in total strikes. I love you you count whittakers 38 strikes, but not Costa's 27 strikes and almost Finishing the fight.

lol.

Lmao even.
I found Whittaker's counters so predictable in that fight, Costa doesn't have much creativity to explore holes in Robert's game, all he got was the spinning kick. Borrachinha looks like he's about to put some deadly combo or do something great in every fight but he never pulls the trigger, I don't know what's his problem, maybe he's just a mediocre fighter.

Last edited:
Reaction and message ratio speaks volumes about this poster, always some nonsense threads where he gets offended by anyone who disagrees
Your point is empty, I also can say the same about you and all of Whittaker's fanboys here, you're all mad I don't suck Robert's dick just because he's such a nice guy. I never offended them and got gratuitously offended by this gang.

View attachment 1030811

He’s a perfectly good sized Mw that contemplated a 205 move a few years ago …. He’s not undersized at all
Nah he is undersized, but he's filled into his frame decently over the years so it's not as bad as someone like Gastelum who was just straight up a very small middleweight and lacked discipline with his diet.
Rob is smaller then most of the guys he fights and I think most people agreed these talks about a LHW move being pretty nuts considering how much reach, height and weight he'd be giving up there.

In all honesty and I like Rob, however he I don't believe wouldn't do all that well at LHW. Only person that I think believes that is the Weasle lol

Your point is empty, I also can say the same about you and all of Whittaker's fanboys here, you're all mad I don't suck Robert's dick just because he's such a nice guy. I never offended them and got gratuitously offended by this gang.
You sound feminine

Nah he is undersized, but he's filled into his frame decently over the years so it's not as bad as someone like Gastelum who was just straight up a very small middleweight and lacked discipline with his diet.
Rob is smaller then most of the guys he fights and I think most people agreed these talks about a LHW move being pretty nuts considering how much reach, height and weight he'd be giving up there.

In all honesty and I like Rob, however he I don't believe wouldn't do all that well at LHW. Only person that I think believes that is the Weasle lol
It would go one of two ways.

He gets overpowered, KO'd and finished like most MWs when they move up.

He is so much faster and LHW is pretty average in terms of a division (the current champ is an ex MW champ) , he just lights people up on the feet and decisions them.

I actually think Robert is in a less than ideal position right now and has some serious choices to make, but none of them are perfect for him.

1. Go to LHW, and sorry to say, in my opinion that has bad idea written all over it.

2. Drop to WW, which isn't completely unrealistic, but it would require a lot of discipline.

3. Maybe a change in coaching and camps to help his game evolve. DDP, Strickland, and Khamzat are all younger, and Israel is only 1 year older. If wearing gold is the end goal, Robert could end up simply being a contender or stepping stone for those opponents who are bringing a more well-rounded game to the table. It certainly seems like the UFC wants Israel vs DDP next, and depending on how long it takes for DDP to make up his mind about what he's doing, Robert could end up in limbo for a long time. Is Robert going to just keep fighting the same 3-4 guys over and over for the rest of his career?

If he could manage the drop to WW effectively, I would think he would be an immediate contender. I know the weight cut gets tougher the older you get, but it might be the least worst option for him.

Yeah, the whole internet gotta a lot of them. Thank goodness sherdog has the ignore button
Yeah, just continue to live in an echo chamber by ignoring everyone who calls you out on your bullshit. You have to be a woke liberal IRL or something. You're insufferable. I doubt you have friends with how easily triggered you are by someone you disagree with.

I find his fights quite boring and his stand-up techniques quite predictable. The guy's last finish was 7 years ago. Besides that he's just an annoying gatekeeper that will go nowhere and can prevent more exciting fighters to flourish in this division, I was happy that DDP TKOed him. If you agree with me please provide your thoughts, if you don't that's fine but this discussion is not for you and there's no reason for you to comment here. Thanks
There’s no reason for you to post here lol what a stupid take

I like him, wish his chin wasn't so suspect and he wasn't such a decision machine. Makes watching his fights a bit boring unless he gets wrecked. Which is rare.

Reaction and message ratio speaks volumes about this poster, always some nonsense threads where he gets offended by anyone who disagrees
This is just another version of the ad populum fallacy

Back