Anyone here doesn't like Robert Whittaker?

That's one reason, but Another reason is hearing people put him in the TOP 5 all time at MW is fucking cringe, Aswell as him beating yoel in the rematch, (most delusional mma opinion literally ever), He also won round 1 against Costa too apparently..... and very clearly beat Darren Till, (he probably should have lost, but his fan base would never admit that.)

Who else would you have ahead of Whittaker at MW besides Izzy and Silva? Weidman? He beat everyone Weidman lost to. Whittaker is a clear number 3 based off ranked wins alone.

Yoel sufferred permanent issues after their fight and still has droopy face from that head kick that apparently did nothing. He did beat Till, he just got dropped. Till is a good striker, but he still lost. If Whittaker would actually use his wrestling as a main weapon, he would have made Till look silly.

I also think he edged Izzy in the second fight, but have no issues with the decision going to Izzy. It was a close fight with Izzy having round 1 due to actually dropping Rob unlike Costa.

I think he won round 1 vs Costa. He landed 10 more strikes, with some massive ones snapping Costa's head back and lost 3 seconds of a round before immediately recovering and countering Costa back. It's the definition of 10-9 Whittaker under the MMA scoring. 1 shot isn't enough to decide that round unless it was closer. Rob wasn't saved by the bell at all and after the initial wobble it was clear he was recovered and landing his own offence.

Much like I have nothing against the Diaz's but their fan base is about as vocal and stupid as whittakers.
I don't like the Diaz too, mostly because the fckers are made of steel and simply won't go down. It frustrated me how he could withstand so much punishment from Conor in both fights, especially the leg kicks in the second fight.

I was salty Whittaker beat my boys Jacare and Romero and made me look like a dork when I said Bruson was going to destroy him but Rob is still a legend for me, he deserve all the love and respect of the world.
Romero would've been a champ had he had a better fight IQ. Jacaré got fcked by Anderson and should have received a title shot long ago

Dude spends the day training, playing video games and making babies with his gorgeos wife, what is not to like?

Imagine scoring this round for Whittaker after this.
Imagine forgetting the other 38 shots Whittaker landed with 26 of those being to Costa's head in the first round that had his head snapping back and retreating across the cage.

No let's just remember 1, 3 second sequence with two shots landing and decide the fihgt off that because it was in the last 10 seconds of a round.

Whittaker landed some huge shots in that round himself. The only difference is he landed more, across more of the round and Costa didn't stumble for 3 seconds.

He drops him and you have an argument to say it couldn't be Whittakers. That's probably enough to steal a round he was losing prior.

Imagine forgetting the other 38 shots Whittaker landed with 26 of those being to Costa's head in the first round that had his head snapping back and retreating across the cage.

No let's just remember 1, 3 second sequence with two shots landing and decide the fihgt off that because it was in the last 10 seconds of a round.

Whittaker landed some huge shots in that round himself. The only difference is he landed more, across more of the round and Costa didn't stumble for 3 seconds.

He drops him and you have an argument to say it couldn't be Whittakers. That's probably enough to steal a round he was losing prior.
Definitely a bigger problem that it was late, which people tend to score higher. If that kick happened five seconds in and the rest of the round went the way it went, most people would be saying Rob took that round back

Oh so you're one of THOSE whittaker fans. lmfao My point proven exactly.

Whittaker landed NINE more strikes. There wasn't a double digit striking differential and no grappling to mention. Only one person almost got finished in that round that had a striking differential of less than 10 in total strikes. I love you you count whittakers 38 strikes, but not Costa's 27 strikes and almost Finishing the fight.

lol.

Lmao even.

Romero would've been a champ had he had a better fight IQ. Jacaré got fcked by Anderson and should have received a title shot long ago
Romero lost every title fight he ever fought in a major org and missed weight for one of them. He is a monster finisher and extremely durable, but if he can't hit you, drop you and finish you , he has no other back up plan even though he has all the tools to have one. He just wasn't a champion level fighter. Flaws are what make a fighter who they are. Everyone has them.

I see why you wanted no comments disagreeing with you now.

Definitely a bigger problem that it was late, which people tend to score higher. If that kick happened five seconds in and the rest of the round went the way it went, most people would be saying Rob took that round back
No where in the scoring criteria does it say that's how MMA is scored. People don't understand because judges are so random depending on the card.

If the round was a bit closer, sure that big massive shot steals the round or if he drops him and is landing ground and pound as the bell goes then I see it. The reality is it just truned a clear 10-9 into a close 10-9 in Rob's favour if we use the actual criteria for scoring.

Reaction and message ratio speaks volumes about this poster, always some nonsense threads where he gets offended by anyone who disagrees

Oh so you're one of THOSE whittaker fans. lmfao My point proven exactly.

Whittaker landed NINE more strikes. There wasn't a double digit striking differential and no grappling to mention. Only one person almost got finished in that round that had a striking differential of less than 10 in total strikes. I love you you count whittakers 38 strikes, but not Costa's 27 strikes and almost Finishing the fight.

lol.

Lmao even.

Well yeah, but I just have a different opinion on close fights.They are close fights for a reason. Izzy had one dominant round and then tried to spar for the next 4. Till got outstruck in a close fight that he did good but not quite good enough in.

Nobody almost got finished in that round with Costa and Wittaker. 1 fighter got wobbled for a few couple steps before getting his feet back under him, taking one more shot and then landing his own counters and going on to win 2 more rounds of fighting. Did CCC almost finish Merab when the same happened in their fight? Not even close. SO why make this more when Rob reacted just as little.

Everything points to Whittaker being no where near finished in that round. He takes a big follow up hook around his guard, isn't wobbled again and then starts landing his own offence before the round is finished. Then goes on to win the next two rounds. It's a good shot but not enough to take a round he was comfortably losing prior.

IMG_0788.jpeg

Whittaker was talking about a 205 move a few years ago ….now his fanboys are acting like he’s tiny …..Convenient….. Whittaker the 3rd best Mw of all time …. He’s a good sized Mw

Back