Anyone here doesn't like Robert Whittaker?

No you actually said the complete opposite of that.

"If you agree with me please provide your thoughts, if you don't that's fine but this discussion is not for you and there's no reason for you to comment here."

You basically started a thread to fighter bash one specific fighter you don't like and said other opinions weren't welcome.
What wasn't polite in my request? Is it "bashing" to say why one doesn't like Whittaker? I was trying to avoid the useless discussion we're having now

I was salty Whittaker beat my boys Jacare and Romero and made me look like a dork when I said Bruson was going to destroy him but Rob is still a legend for me, he deserve all the love and respect of the world.
I'm not salty against him but I was against Weidman for beating Andy, I went to Vegas to watch the rematch. Now I don't hate the guy, those things pass.

Whittaker seems like a cool guy but his fans are mostly a bunch of fucksticks.

Much like I have nothing against the Diaz's but their fan base is about as vocal and stupid as whittakers.
Is this just because people think he beat Izzy?

I like him because he is a bit different to your traditional MMA fighter with a slight karate style and he puts on good 3 round striking battles. He has the ability to wrestle, which I wish he would do more.

The guys longevity after losing the belt has been impressive and he stepped up after GSP vacated the belt after cherry picking Bisping.

If GSP hung around and fought Rob around that time, I believe he would have a win over GSP right now to add to his already impressive resume. He has only lost to title holders and title challengers at 185 and 170 he only lost to Court Mcgee (15-3, 4-2 at the time) and Wonderboy who is still highly ranked.

He’s nothing more than a point fighter doing the bare minimum to eke out close decisions. Dude has no drive whatsoever to finish a fight or seriously put himself back in contention.

Not many more layers to him.
Exactly how I feel about him. Is it wrong to feel that way?

He's a top fighter still but struggles much more now that the division is full of competent strikers. His style is incredibly dominant as a wrestler/grappler killer with his elite takedown defense and a strong edge in striking, which he enjoyed during the earlier era of the division.
I'd love to see what Poatan would do to him

What wasn't polite in my request? Is it "bashing" to say why one doesn't like Whittaker? I was trying to avoid the useless discussion we're having now
I find his fights quite boring and his stand-up techniques quite predictable. The guy's last finish was 7 years ago. Besides that he's just an annoying gatekeeper that will go nowhere and can prevent more exciting fighters to flourish in this division, I was happy that DDP TKOed him.

Discussion isn't useless. You tried to start a thread to crap on one fighter and people disagree with you.

My response was polite where I criticized him for something I think he could do to improve, by mixing his wrestling. I actually responded to your thread with some discussion. Your post was being happy he lost because you don't like him because he beats other fighters consistently and asking people to shit on him for the sake of it.

The trolling nature of the thread
The mental health of my son @Royce's Gi
The need of educating people about sherbro clichés.

On point, how long have you been following the sport? Since when is MW you least favourite division? Was ever Okami a big MW?

🖕

I wouldn’t say I like or dislike him. I respect his achievements, but his style is a bit boring to me. There’s little replay value to his fights unless he’s getting rocked.

Definitely, some fanbases make you hate even more a fighter. GSP fanboys are on the upper echelon of this list.
eh, Im a GSP fan and personally it's I think it's pretty easy to defend him being the best of all times top 3 atleast.

Whittaker, Moreno, Mousasi, Anderson, Diaz, Khabib/islam/khamzat (all the same fanbase) all much much worse than Georges, Imo.

I am a fan of Rob he Wars! Always fights the best the UFC has to offer. When you are fighting top guys finishes may be harder to come by. I am sure TS would prefer a sit-out merchant like like Khamzat that cherry picks fat lightweights to fight. I think that is more TS's style. imho
I don't have an opinion about Khamzat tbh. I simply watch some of his fights. Also I'm not very fond of wrestlers, I prefer KO artists like Topuria

eh, Im a GSP fan and personally it's I think it's pretty easy to defend him being the best of all times top 3 atleast.

Whittaker, Moreno, Mousasi, Anderson, Diaz, Khabib/islam/khamzat (all the same fanbase) all much much worse than Georges, Imo.
It's hard to put GSP as the GOAT when he has a loss to Matt Serra and Jones doesn't have anything similar

He only fights the top fighters. Costa is tough as fuck. Him beating Cannonier and possibly Israel a second time convinced me he very well still had it after the first Israel fight

I know we all want blood guts and finishes but give the dude a break. I don't think Till, Gastelum, Romero, Cannonier or Costa are known to get KOed that often and striking is Robert's MO.

I enjoy his fights and admire his grit. I don't know how you can call them boring without a tiny attention span. BTW his second fight with Yoel, albeit a robbery and miss on the scale for Yoel, is one of the single greatest displays of heart I've ever seen. I gotta take that into account

I wouldn’t say I like or dislike him. I respect his achievements, but his style is a bit boring to me. There’s little replay value to his fights unless he’s getting rocked.
Him doing the chicken dance is very funny 🤣

Is this just because people think he beat Izzy?
That's one reason, but Another reason is hearing people put him in the TOP 5 all time at MW is fucking cringe, Aswell as him beating yoel in the rematch, (most delusional mma opinion literally ever), He also won round 1 against Costa too apparently..... and very clearly beat Darren Till, (he probably should have lost, but his fan base would never admit that.)

It's hard to put GSP as the GOAT when he has a loss to Matt Serra and Jones doesn't have anything similar
He avenged that loss with authority though,

I wont sit here and argue george should be ahead of Jones or even Fedor. Jones, Fedor, GSP and mighty mouse are all fine by me in any order. But if you want to argue that Steroid failures should not be considered in goat conversations, It puts george ahead clearly so at that point it's a matter of perspective.

I'd rather have GSP's Legacy than Jones, personally. although that does not make him a better fighter. Jones has been stripped twice and suspended multiple times for Drug failures. GSP is Squeaky Clean and retired with 2 lineal titles.

Back