Anyone feel Aldo loses to Conor but Edgar beats him?

Frank insane pace and MMA wrestling is a nightmare for McG and a reasonable good match up for Aldo.
McG reach\power and timing is a bad match up for Aldo but Frank can negate the stand up game with his well timed TDs and ground control.

It's 2016 now. Edgar hasn't beaten any lightweights of current, relevance. He beat Mendes. And he beat Cub Swanson. Both featherweights and neither relevant anymore.

Edgar may not have wins over current relevant lightweights, but Conor doesn't have any wins over any relevant lightweights --ever.

Nice job down playing Conor's win over mendes, too. Oh, Edgar beat Do Bronx, too, but that guys no good. Edgar should beat the likes of Dennis siver instead.

Edgar is a nightmare match up for Conor no matter how many times he loses to Aldo.
He's too small if we are being realistic here, I mean I commend him for winning the 155 title being that small but he was getting RAGDOLLED and thrown by Aldo and Conor is an even bigger FW than Aldo.

He's too small if we are being realistic here, I mean I commend him for winning the 155 title being that small but he was getting RAGDOLLED and thrown by Aldo and Conor is an even bigger FW than Aldo.

Conor does not have Aldo's TDD. Not even close.

"RAGDOLLED and thrown" is quite an exaggeration. Also Aldo's tdd is light years better than Conor's, you can't make that comparison.

Edgar may not have wins over current relevant lightweights, but Conor doesn't have any wins over any relevant lightweights --ever.

Nice job down playing Conor's win over mendes, too. Oh, Edgar beat Do Bronx, too, but that guys no good. Edgar should beat the likes of Dennis siver instead.
Lightweight or featherweight. Edgar lost to Aldo twice and after all these fights he's back to the end of the featherweight queue. And he's 34 years old. Maybe he wouldn't beat Denis Siver.

Edgar takes Conor down at will. Aldo's TDD is light years ahead of Conor's. Edgar not being able to take Aldo down proves nothing in regards to a fight with Conor.

Lol at all these people claiming that Aldo being bigger than Frankie was a major factor in preventing the take downs. Now they think Conor's size would save him from Edgar's take downs, but they must have forgot that Frankie dumped 175lbs + Benson Henderson, and gray Maynard on their asses.

Lightweight or featherweight. Edgar lost to Aldo twice and after all these fights he's back to the end of the featherweight queue. And he's 34 years old..

No one is arguing the alternative.....look at the topic of the thread.

Aldo is a freak athlete, something Conor doesn't have to his advantage and has arguably the best TDD ever. So using him as a crutch for Conor doesn't hold much weight.

If Aldos ground game is as advertised he could submit him on the ground. Other than that I think Conor KO's both of them no later than the third. Conor has the reach, timing and accuracy to put them both down.

Beating young holloway, short notice Mendes and mentally unstable Aldo doesn't make you a great fighter. Diaz's fight proved how good he was. I'm pretty sure he won't have any victory in 2016

How's those salty balls taste

Prime Edgar will always been Mcregors worst matchup imo

"RAGDOLLED and thrown" is quite an exaggeration. Also Aldo's tdd is light years better than Conor's, you can't make that comparison.
I disagree, I think it's the perfect representation. I'll have to look for some gifs of Frankie shooting in and getting pushed around. But regarding Aldo's TDD, I completely agree but Conor's strength and size should be taken into account considering how small Frankie is.

Conor does not have Aldo's TDD. Not even close.
I disagree, I think it's the perfect representation. I'll have to look for some gifs of Frankie shooting in and getting pushed around. But regarding Aldo's TDD, I completely agree but Conor's strength and size should be taken into account considering how small Frankie is.

Edgar is no stranger to fighting men bigger and stronger than him and putting them on their backs.

These are examples of a ragdolling:

RoryMacDonaldvs.NateDiaz7.gif

tumblr_mndqwjRz6p1qfrkf9o1_500.gif

ct7ss2

Daniel+Cormier+Manhandles+Dan+Henderson+UFC+173.gif

None of that happened in either Aldo vs Edgar fight.

Yep. Styles make fights. Cliche but true.

I don't see Conor being able to get Edgar out with one shot and I think Edgar would recover if hurt, and I don't see Conor's endurance lasting through Edgar's pressure and take-downs.

Last edited:
The Aldo that beat Edgar this time around would beat McGregor imo, but McGregor has the mental tricks that could destroy Aldo...

Stylistically, Edgar is McGregor's worse nightmare, an endless cardio better striking version of Chad Mendes with an unbelievable chin..

However, Aldo is Edgar's worst stylistic nightmare, ridiculous take down defense and great counters
Actually this last fight Aldo seemed to have more gas than Edgar in the end.

Back