Anyone feel Aldo loses to Conor but Edgar beats him?

Yet edgar loses to Aldo, styles make fights, I feel as if edgars pace and wrestling would be too much for Conor but Aldos primaraly stand up based style is not a good matchup for Conor, it would be interesting to see if Aldo uses a grappling based gameplan but who knows, he probably really wants to KO him.

I agree with your basic point here. While I would never count Aldo out of any FW fight, I do think that McGregor is a tough match up for Aldo. I think Edgar grinds out McGregor until he stops him via exhaustion or for a lop-sided decision win.

If Conor beats Nate and Aldo realize he can't beat him standing he might beat Conor. But if Aldo wants to stand with him it's going to be another KO. Frankie beats Conor everytime in my mind.

Can Edgar beat McGregor...absolutely, just not with this gameplan. ↓ When I saw this fight, it felt as what the Aldo/McGregor fight would have looked like had it passed the 13 second mark.

aldo-delayed-check-hook-comp-2.gif

Having said that, a patient Aldo destroys McGregor.

I can't stand McGregor, but his psychological warfare is so good he can make Mike Tyson question his achievements in life.

McGregor is a bad matchup for Frankie unless he just can't stop the takedown well at all- which is a possibility given Frankie's wrestling. Conor is great at 145 because he is so long for that weight class and uses his length very well. When he fights someone with good striking who is bigger/longer than him he will run into some problems (Diaz fight). Jones would probably have similar problems if he went to HW where his frame isn't gigantic compared to the competition. They are both super skilled fighters but at the highest level size does matter when skills are relatively similar.

Beating young holloway, short notice Mendes and mentally unstable Aldo doesn't make you a great fighter. Diaz's fight proved how good he was. I'm pretty sure he won't have any victory in 2016
When is that overdue Max rematch for the title? Last person to take Conor to a decision and he has gotten a lot better since. Conor has stayed the same working on his promotion and touch butt game.

Yet edgar loses to Aldo, styles make fights, I feel as if edgars pace and wrestling would be too much for Conor but Aldos primaraly stand up based style is not a good matchup for Conor, it would be interesting to see if Aldo uses a grappling based gameplan but who knows, he probably really wants to KO him.

Its hard to say i do think frankie is conors worst matchup on paper though.But who knows conor could clip him and put him down and suddenly frankie was never that good and no 1 can touch conor at 145.

No, I'm fairly certain Conor sucks and was never any good.

He only ko'd mendes, while injured within 2 rounds. Beat a now unstoppable Max holloway. Ko'd aldo, the FW goat in 13 seconds.. Ko'd him stiff. Yes, conor sucks. Truly laughable some of you conor haters. YOu seem to defy all logic and reason. But good, I need a laugh...

Moot point if Conor decides to test himself elsewhere, ala BJ Penn 2003-2007 (yes Conor fans, you now MUST stop ripping BJ for his decisions when he felt he had LW so sewn up he had to test himself against MW Gracies and HW Machida - don't lie and say you never did).

But yes, Conor v Edgar could be a very interesting matchup. However, I'm not convinced Edgar can keep Conor on his back for 4 minutes at a time, once per round. And if he doesn't, I think he gets hurt standing a lot. As in, lots of very painful shots that add up - none of which will TKO him, but each of which will be as hard or harder than the dozen or so hard counters Aldo landed, which took their toll on him.

I hope we get to see it; I doubt we will. That's why I don't like champs moving up, even after they *seemingly* have cleared out the division.

I think Aldo has very good takedowns, but rarely uses them and is better on the ground and on the feet than Frankie, and Aldo's strikes are harder. Aldo poses more problems for every contender because he's arguably the most well-rounded fighter on the roster. While Edgar has 1 clear path to victory against Conor and he'll have to drag it deep to get there. Mendes is tougher for Conor. Hits harder, stronger takedowns.

Beating young holloway, short notice Mendes and mentally unstable Aldo doesn't make you a great fighter. Diaz's fight proved how good he was. I'm pretty sure he won't have any victory in 2016

You my friend are a total idiot. Truly. Tell Bisbing how short notice fights hurt you. It's been shown time and time again, that short notice, on many occasions can be of great benefit. I just love the excuses. Beating a young holloway. haha. he beat him easy. And conor ripped his acl early in the 2nd round. and he predicted exactly how he would beat aldo and then did. Yet some think it was a fluke. Hilarious. truly.

What the fuck? Lol

Beating Aldo and Mendes at ANY POINT IN TIME makes you a great fighter. Those guys are elite in that division. Beating them makes another elite fighter. Hate Conor all you want, don't downplay his skill because you do. You just sound stupid.

Yeah any bum on the street can beat the FW GOAT in his prime.

Lol at Mentally Unstable Aldo. You haters are hilarious. If he beats Aldo again you will just say it was PTSD Aldo.

Yeah any bum on the street can beat the FW GOAT in his prime.

Lol at Mentally Unstable Aldo. You haters are hilarious. If he beats Aldo again you will just say it was PTSD Aldo.
Sokoudjou KO'd big nog and arona in their prime, so he was not overrated?

Nate and aldo beat him in their rematches, and people like you will disappear like Soko fans

Nope. I think Edgar is too small and would get hurt and maybe finished though he could have some early success.

Back