Anyone Else Underwhelmed With the State of UFC?

I am lookimg forward to those fights..

But i admit the last few cards and ufc as a whole has gone stale. Its not as exciting as it once was.

The belts seem useless now.

MMA has peaked and gone imho.

Well the novelty has worn off. No one is shocked by the fights anymore. And let's be honest, it was fun having big mainstream stars like Ronda and Conor. When your friends and co-workers actually talked and cared about MMA. Life is just more exciting when lots of people are into the same things you are.

Now the UFC is just back to the same old niche, hardcore-only base. The fights are still there and plenty of good fights, but if a UFC fight happens in the forest, and no is there ro hear it, does anyone still give shit?

I think 213 is a phenomenal card and I'm not a big wmma fan. Bones/DC is like the super bowl for me.

Totally agree. I used to watch every UFC event, I never missed any. But these days I find myself often skipping events, especially these Fight Nights cards, which a lot are just utter garbage to be honest. 2007,2008,2009,2010 it was really at its max best.

I know I am not alone and have a issue, because there used to be so many bars and some restaurants that screened UFC events here, now none of them do, there might be 1 but even they only do it sometimes. There used to be many back in the day
The Buffalo Wild Wings used to be standing room only if you didnt show up at 4 or 5 pm in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. It turned into watching soccer or ESPN and you could get a table on Saturdays. I haven't even watched an event and probably wont unless Mike Perry is fighting. I used to take time off from work for every event and my bosses were cool with it (Thanks Adam....really awesome boss). Now, I just go to sleep.

It's very stale and just feels dead this year that's for sure.

I think even fighters sound unmotivated and demoralized with all the political bullshit.

They can turn it around but they ain't gonna

I actually do think it's dying. Bisping won't defend, Woodley won't defend, Stipe is tweeting with boxers, there's no 155 champ, the 145 champ is questionable since Conor never lost it. 125 may not even exist. The 145 female champ got her belt stripped cause she was afraid to fight Cyborg. Aside from DC/Jones there's really not much interesting on the horizon. I don't see that changing anytime soon, if ever.

I actually do think it's dying. Bisping won't defend, Woodley won't defend, Stipe is tweeting with boxers, there's no 155 champ, the 145 champ is questionable since Conor never lost it. 125 may not even exist. The 145 female champ got her belt stripped cause she was afraid to fight Cyborg. Aside from DC/Jones there's really not much interesting on the horizon. I don't see that changing anytime soon, if ever.
Woodley fought the #1 contender twice since winning the belt and Wonderboy is a stylistic nightmare of a fight. Yet, Woodley did his duty and has fought the best regularly since becoming champ at 170. How is that not defending? Don't lump Woodley in there with Bisping and Conor.

No to Jones-DC. I feel it's going to go the same way and I didn't enjoy it the first time. I'm kind of interested in Whittaker-Romero, but only because of the off chance that I might get to see Romero lose.

Wtf, how did you not enjoy Jones/DC the first time? Probably the 2 best LHWs ever.

Yeah outside of UFC 214 there isn't any other upcoming card I've overly hyped for. I still watch every event, though.

You're not looking forward to Jones-DC 2 or Whittaker-Romero?

You just listed all of the up and coming worth while fights

There used to be much more to be constantly looking forward to, be excited about

UFC needs a bit more of McGregor type of fighters and by that i dont mean their skill.

Boxing and Bellator have kind of stolen the UFC's thunder. I'm not really looking forward to anything that the UFC has to offer. Anyone else feel the same?

Obligatory: UFC is dying.
Nunes vs Valentina will be great. Jones vs Cormier 2. I agree though, 2017 is a bad year. 4 billion for this? Lol

It's not dying but I feel like 2016 was a much better year and without a doubt had the bigger events. No Conor, Bisping ducking, TJ and Cody falling through, WB vs Woodley borefest, MM not taking the TJ fight, HW and LHW looking thinner than ever, GSP and the stock market.

Shit I'm more excited to see GGG vs Canelo than any MMA fight. And it's so rare for me to look forward to boxing over MMA these days.

Rumble retired
Anderson retired
Ronda retired
Khabib on the edge of retiring
Yair Rodriguez exposed
Wonderboy Thompson exposed
Conor went into boxing
Cruz destroyed
Aldo destroyed
Pettis declined
Weidman lost 3 times in a row
Jon Jones is not fighting
Cain Velasquez is not fighting
Rory Macdonald in Bellator
Lorenz Larkin in Bellator
Ben Henderson in Bellator
Ben Askren is not in the UFC

Boxing and Bellator have kind of stolen the UFC's thunder. I'm not really looking forward to anything that the UFC has to offer. Anyone else feel the same?

Obligatory: UFC is dying.
I've felt this way for awhile hopefully Jon Jones and Khabib Nurmagomedov can get their stuff going agian because they are the last two I'm looking forward to see figting. With Boxing there's still Canelo, Lomachenko, Crawford, Chocolatito, Jojo Diaz, and Errol Spence Jr that should keep me watching for the next few year. Plus there's always Kickboxing and Muay Thai with the new K-1, Glory, Kunlun, and Muay Thai shows happening regularly.

46 year old Chael against 52 year old trans-looking Wanderlei means Bellator is on the rise?

or is it because they have 48 year old Fedor who gets knocked out by a swift breeze nowadays against a guy who was cut from the UFC?

oh, no, its probably because they have Michael Chandler, a guy whose claim to fame is not testing under USADA and beating Benson Henderson and Eddie Alvarez

must be because the most boring fighter to ever grace the UFC and gets knocked out against any legit competition deeming him irrelevant gets a title shot on the prelims (Bader)

yeah Bellator is on the rise bro

the only thing they have going for them is Michael Goldberg

Back