Anyone Else Underwhelmed With the State of UFC?

Coolidge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Boxing and Bellator have kind of stolen the UFC's thunder. I'm not really looking forward to anything that the UFC has to offer. Anyone else feel the same?

Obligatory: UFC is dying.

Not dying just yet. But they need to start building these young fighters into stars. Starting to enjoy Bellator and their Legends League.

You're not looking forward to Jones-DC 2 or Whittaker-Romero?

Yeah, it's pretty bad right now. I've always thought MMA would get better over the years but it's gotten worse in the past 4 or 5 years.

You're still going to watch every event they put on

arm wrestling making a comeback. Bob Sapp will be king!

It hasnt gotten bad, just watered down. I blame TUF, and whatever other Fight Pass shows putting anyone on. Theres more comp from other promotion, and UFC is throwing the juice at a fist full of fighters instead of building the brand beyond.

Not dying, just too watered down.

Nearly every title is shrouded in bullshit and UFC is telling these guys they ain't shit if you don't sell PPVs.

The average UFC fight has lost it's value at the moment. These fighters have to impress, not win.

Yeah, it's pretty bad right now. I've always thought MMA would get better over the years but it's gotten worse in the past 4 or 5 years.
Totally agree. I used to watch every UFC event, I never missed any. But these days I find myself often skipping events, especially these Fight Nights cards, which a lot are just utter garbage to be honest. 2007,2008,2009,2010 it was really at its max best.

I know I am not alone and have a issue, because there used to be so many bars and some restaurants that screened UFC events here, now none of them do, there might be 1 but even they only do it sometimes. There used to be many back in the day

I only care to watch a few fighters nowadays.ufc has become very stale .inb4 not a real fan

I don't know, for me the most intriguing thing about Bellator 180 is Mike Goldberg....If Bellator's PPV was $10 I would still rather watch UFC Oklahoma.

When I think about the UFC, it bores me right now. Yet every event that I watch still delivers some awesome fights. The cards just don't have a lot of sex appeal lately, and I don't get hyped about them beforehand. And yes, it doesn't help that most divisions are muddied up clusterfucks right now.

UFC still puts on outstanding fights consistently.

They are headed in a bad direction but the quality of their cards is still very high. Thankfully.

Totally agree. I used to watch every UFC event, I never missed any. But these days I find myself often skipping events, especially these Fight Nights cards, which a lot are just utter garbage to be honest. 2007,2008,2009,2010 it was really at its max best.

I know I am not alone and have a issue, because there used to be so many bars and some restaurants that screened UFC events here, now none of them do, there might be 1 but even they only do it sometimes. There used to be many back in the day

I agree completely. Don't get me wrong, I still love MMA and especially the UFC because it does entertain me from time to time. But I feel like the quality of the products they offer, along side it's integrity, has gone down the toilet.

Like you said, too many watered down cards and also many, many bad decisions by the executives are keeping divisions at a stand still. It's a sad sight.

Last edited:
You're not looking forward to Jones-DC 2 or Whittaker-Romero?

No to Jones-DC. I feel it's going to go the same way and I didn't enjoy it the first time. I'm kind of interested in Whittaker-Romero, but only because of the off chance that I might get to see Romero lose.

I'm underwhelmed at the state of combat sports, but I still watch UFC.

I have all these events from Bellator and ONE fc downloaded from piratebay, and to me they aren't even worth watching. I dont know why I even downloaded them.

When I think about the UFC, it bores me right now. Yet every event that I watch still delivers some awesome fights. The cards just don't have a lot of sex appeal lately, and I don't get hyped about them beforehand. And yes, it doesn't help that most divisions are muddied up clusterfucks right now.

That describes my feelings better than my post.

I can't wait for Whittaker's next fight, but Bellator has been doing well.

Back