Anybody still laughing at Taekwondo after BJ got slaughtered?

Is not Taekwondo,.. it is MMA.
giphy.gif

This gif is awesome

TKD combined with MuayThai seems to be incredible. I've seen Yair using techniques from both although not much clinching. Also Valentina Shevchenko is a TKD Black Belt with excellent MuayThai and she is arguably the best woman striker in MMA.

TKD isn't a bad art, it just needs heavy supplementation to be viable. Which is why it lacks popularity.

Will you sherdoggers who've been shitting on TKD for years admit now that it works?

This wasn't even a high level performer.

that wasnt just tea kwon do, more lie a mix with muay thai and boxing plus grappling.

You do you know that a fighters peak is 32, andn that there have been older champs than 38?

Fighters peak at 32? Go tell mayweather....tell bisping too cause hes fighting better now then when he was 32

I was thinking last night. Will this eventually happen to all our favorite fighters?

Flash back thread.

TKD got cleared as legit half a decade ago.

Just depends on the school / teacher.

that wasnt just tea kwon do, more lie a mix with muay thai and boxing plus grappling.

Yeah, those spinning Muay Thai aerials sure were present..... (sarcasm). Get the fuck out! This was TKD all the way. I am a fucking practitioner.

Flash back thread.

TKD got cleared as legit half a decade ago.

Just depends on the school / teacher.

Have you ever seen a UFC fight totally dominated by TKD? Not just some dude who trained it as a kid and then started grappling?

I dont see much boxing( he has bad boxing) or muay thai in his game. If you were to show a thai dude from lumpine yair and tell him thats muay thai, he would be like " noo"

I have never seen TKD on full display like that fight in UFC. Amazing. Eddie Bravo prophetized that this is the future once people learn TD defence.

Have you ever seen a UFC fight totally dominated by TKD? Not just some dude who trained it as a kid and then started grappling?

No but could say the same for boxing.

Boxing is pretty legit right?

One guy can attack with a pure style but he needs to defend several, thus no pure displays of anything.

But really all that matters is TKD can be effective in high level MMA thus its legit.

Maia using some boxing training to avoid strikes before implementing his bjj does not lessen the claim to TKDs effectiveness.

Plus of course TKD uses all the same punches as boxing so effectively Mayweather uses a refined TKD style.
Point is trying to classify shit beyond meaning is pointless.

Yes, TS we still do. I would laugh at someone saying any TMA is viable enough to beat up guys in affliction tees without a decent amount of cross training.

Even a Capoeira and Aikido practitioner will beat BJ Penn last night.

Back