Anybody still laughing at Taekwondo after BJ got slaughtered?

Is not Taekwondo,.. it is MMA.

Exactly, this is taekwondo:

CxNZT.gif

Yair struggled to beat a relative Journeyman in Bruce Leroy...... BJ Penn is past his prime, has no kicks and likes to fight in close boxing range... The perfect opponent but then the UFC knew that..

Yair now has a name on his resume and will move up to fight more dangerous fighters.

IMO McGregor/Aldo would probably destroy him at this point as he drops is hands while throwing those kicks..

Flash back thread.

TKD got cleared as legit half a decade ago.

Just depends on the school / teacher.

And the fighter. TKD didn't beat BJ just like boxing didn't beat R3 in UFC 207. Yair beat BJ just like Nunes beat Rousey. BUT Yair cannot beat everybody with his skills and level of fighting. There are others who will destroy him. Does that mean TKD tactics do not work or does it mean that there are Better Fighters than Yair (and BJ) out there?

Last edited:
Will you sherdoggers who've been shitting on TKD for years admit now that it works?

This wasn't even a high level performer.

Yes, Jahir is a joke, Hwoarang is on a much higher level!

But, he still get's his ass kicked by Bruce...

yes, still laughing.

I'd rather fight a Tae kwon do guy than a boxer, a BJJ player, a muay thai fighter, a judoka, a wrestler, a samboist, a karateka or a sanshou guy.

I'll give you the aikido guy, capoeira and maybe wing chun that I'd prefer to fight instead of tkd if I had to.

Can Yair be in the new tekken game. hes a mix between shaheen and hworang

bwhojlchpzwpje4wtv9k.jpg

180px-Hwoarang_-_Full-body_CG_Art_Image_-_Tekken_6.png
I was a good Hwoarang player back when I played, and when Tekken was actually a good fighting game (that is, until Tekken Tag Tournament).

Rodriguez looked amazing. Now lets see him against a top 5 guy.

why are you bothered with the opinions of basement dwelling virgins,who think a niche sport with D Level ''athletes'' is the be all and end all ?
Mixed martial artists are the best hand to hand combatants on the planet

Call it niche or call them d level. DOEsnt matter.

I will always laugh at tkd. The little hopping n' sh*t.

I was a good Hwoarang player back when I played, and when Tekken was actually a good fighting game (that is, until Tekken Tag Tournament).
its still great man. actually better.

the new tekken 7 coming out in march is back to the 1v1 style. they took out eddie but replaced him with a new girl lucky chloe. shes not a capoeria user so thats good.

yes, still laughing.

I'd rather fight a Tae kwon do guy than a boxer, a BJJ player, a muay thai fighter, a judoka, a wrestler, a samboist, a karateka or a sanshou guy.

I'll give you the aikido guy, capoeira and maybe wing chun that I'd prefer to fight instead of tkd if I had to.

Huh? Doesn't that depend on the figher first and foremost? Surely you wouldn't pick this guy, who actually killed people in combat with TKD, over some shitty boxer or grappler?

Last edited:
No but could say the same for boxing.

Boxing is pretty legit right?

One guy can attack with a pure style but he needs to defend several, thus no pure displays of anything.

But really all that matters is TKD can be effective in high level MMA thus its legit.

Maia using some boxing training to avoid strikes before implementing his bjj does not lessen the claim to TKDs effectiveness.

Plus of course TKD uses all the same punches as boxing so effectively Mayweather uses a refined TKD style.
Point is trying to classify shit beyond meaning is pointless.

In no conceivable way does TKD use the same punches as boxing. The punching in TKD is laughable at best. The kicks are great, and guys who learn to kick with a little more hip and less snap tend to turn into some of the hardest kickers out there, but the punching and boxing overall of TKD guys is worse than almost any other standup art.

Huh? Doesn't that depend on the figher first and foremost?

YES! It EXACTLY depends on the FIGHTER first and foremost just as I and many others have tried to explain to you. You finally said it yourself and with that you have confirmed many other peoples' point in this thread as well as contradicted yourself with your thread title and opening post. Congratulations on your early nomination for being sherdog's biggest douche of 2017.

In no conceivable way does TKD use the same punches as boxing. The punching in TKD is laughable at best. The kicks are great, and guys who learn to kick with a little more hip and less snap tend to turn into some of the hardest kickers out there, but the punching and boxing overall of TKD guys is worse than almost any other standup art.

TKD got hook (turning punch) and the traditional straight punches. Pretty much like boxing. There are guys in Traditional TKD schools with good fists, but of course lack the punching combinations of boxing, and head movement (which however doesn't neccesarily work outside of boxing rules)

YES! It EXACTLY depends on the FIGHTER first and foremost just as I and many others have tried to explain to you. You finally said it yourself and with that you have confirmed many other peoples' point in this thread as well as contradicted yourself with your thread title and opening post. Congratulations on your early nomination for being sherdog's biggest douche of 2017.

No. People claimed that the only stand up which works in MMA is Muay Thai, which has been falsified. There was no Muay Thai in the fight, no matter what Joe, TKD defector, Rogan says. That ignoramus claimed Rodriguez did Sport Karate style, when he's a black belt in Taekwondo.

He just can't bring himself to admit it's TKD all the way because he failed at using it in other venues. Douche.

Last edited:
It's MMA. Every martial art works, except if it's chinese. The matter is how a fighter adapts his basic martial art to it, how good is at it in the first place and how willing is to evolve adding different skills to his arsenal.

Back