Anybody still laughing at Taekwondo after BJ got slaughtered?

Yair got tagged by a slow as fuck BJ. I'll reserve judgement until he fights a top 10 guy that isn't garbage.

TKD guys dont kick hard like Yair.
They are used to a fast and harmless foot slap to score points in tournaments.

You are talking about WTF rules ITF rules are all about hurting people. If you are learning martial art for self protection or for fighting ITF is the destination for you not WTF.

Both are as different as Sports Judo from Traditional Jiu jitsu.

Yeah, those spinning Muay Thai aerials sure were present..... (sarcasm). Get the fuck out! This was TKD all the way. I am a fucking practitioner.

i mean tea kwon do with muay thai mix etc.

TKD has some pretty sick kicks. I haven't really seen people talking bad about TKD though to be honest. I'm not sure most people would think it is the most dominant raw form of striking out there, but I also think MMA fighters would be foolish not to grab some of the techniques from that art form, and keep them in their toolbox. It seems like they have a lot of kicks that can snap up through the center line and catch the chin or body which seem to work well....

Who's talking bad about it; outside of the voices in your head?

People don't like to hear this but it's all true. Boxing is the most important standup skill in MMA, just like wrestling is the most important grappling skill. Most strikes thrown in mma are punches, most knockdowns and knockouts are caused by punches, and most other strikes are set up by punches. Punches are the most efficient, most effective and most versatile strikes and can be thrown from any angle while moving in any direction--without sacrificing balance or position. Punches are used to control fights and set up other punches, kicks, knees, elbows, takedowns and clinch entries.

UFC champions are now and have historically been predominantly punchers on the feet: Miocic, Velasquez, JDS, Couture, Lesnar, Cormier, Rampage, Liddell, Rashad, Silva, Weidman, Bisping, GSP, Hendricks, Lawler, Woodley, Hughes, McGregor, Alvarez, Penn, Edgar, Aldo, Cody, Cruz, TJ, Mighty Mouse...you get the idea. Plus, in addition to your examples of kickers getting rocked there's Werdum who got leveled by wrestle-boxer Miocic, Rockhold who got boxed up by Bisping and Barao who got completely outclassed by TJ twice. It's an indisputable fact that wrestling and boxing are the two best skillsets in MMA historically. And BTW, that's despite the complete lack of high-level boxing talent and coaching in MMA overall. We've never had boxers on the level of guys like Hunt, Overeem, Schilt, Wonderboy and other decorated kickboxers in MMA. We see guys with relatively limited amateur boxing careers like McGregor and Cody embarrassing guys, steamrolling their divisions and dethroning the GOATs, now imagine what a competitive amateur boxer at even the national level could do. Then the international level is still a completely different league.
Completly agree!

BJ kinda got the shit kicked out of him. Kicks to the head, the body, the chin Steven Segal style.

tumblr_n50zisBY4w1rofocqo1_400-1.gif

tuhu.gif

I've never shat on TKD but more threads like this one will make me reconsider.

Will you sherdoggers who've been shitting on TKD for years admit now that it works?

This wasn't even a high level performer.

I can admit it was one who hated on TKD at one point, my love of this sport is connected to me love of learning, and i am still learning about MMA.

I still think it needs to be backed up by some sick skills off your back, because you will be going there using a lot of flashy TKD techniques, Yair has this... so he can confidently throw these strikes.

why are you bothered with the opinions of basement dwelling virgins,who think a niche sport with D Level ''athletes'' is the be all and end all ?

Probably for the same reason you're bothered by it.

TKD guys dont kick hard like Yair.
They are used to a fast and harmless foot slap to score points in tournaments.
There's plenty of KO's in Tkd tournaments. Some of those guys kick crazy hard.

Last night's fight between Penn and Rodriguez is nothing to get excited about for TKD. TS (as usual) only sees what he wants to see and not looking at the entire picture.

One fighter defeats another fighter in combat as long as he is able to take advantage of the circumstances of the fight. Circumstances such as:

Penn is 38 years old. He's well over 10 years Rodriguez's senior.

Rodriguez has the Height and Reach advantage over Penn.

Penn has way more fights and a whole lot more mileage on him than Rodriguez. Hell, Penn has as many losses as Rodriguez has fights.

Penn was never an elite striker as striking is not his base.

That's what we saw. We did not see TKD defeat BJJ. We saw a faster, more athletic, taller, more reach having, much younger and healthier body (mileage wise) striker defeat a slower, shorter, less reach having, much older and more mileage on his body non striker. Period! Circumstances buddy, circumstances.

And I'm taking NOTHING away from Rodriguez. I think he's freakin' phenomenal. And TKD (like almost any fighting art) can conceivably work if it's trained hard enough and actual contact is made during practice and, of course, the circumstances are right.
This^ and Thread/
TS is a sad douche...
EDIT: I wish he'd stop bringing up Wonderboy randomly.. He has never studied in TKD, nor does any sparring partner or coach in his camp ever did TKD. His base is sport karate like Machida and Sage. only thing he ever borrowed from was American Kickboxing.
STFU TS!
Since when do karate kicks come from TKD?
TS "strikes" again! Pun intended, lol.
Probably his alt account.

Last edited:
Back