Anybody else avoid fights due to fear of consequences?

Yup. I stand to lose too much. You’d literally have to be attacking my wife or kids.

Challenge accepted.

MARSHMALLOW LAUNCHER ACTIVATED

4825426708_a78c8ed417.jpg

i wish i would get into fights nowadays since i thoroughly believe there a good amount of people in this society that would benefit greatly from a sincere assbeating but the consequences are just too great to risk it

I once told some douchebag that I wouldn't fight him because he had bad breath.

Back in the day we used to fight with song and dance. The consequences were simple you either lost your lady or got someone else's.

Challenge accepted.

4825426708_a78c8ed417.jpg

<{danawhoah}>

You sounva............

{<jimmies}

I carry, so yeah, i avoid fights at all costs. Tbh, im not aggressive enough anymore to be getting into fights.

Fatherhood has made me soft as cotton, it seems.

Last edited:
I carry, so yeah, i avoid fights at all costs. Tbh, im not aggressive enough anymore to be getting into fights.

Fatherhood has made ne soft as cotton, it seems.

It’s amazing how conceal carrying makes you think more about situational awareness, and avoiding being in a place you don’t want to be.

I've been in fights but yes. I avoid them. Not because of authority but because I don't want to get my ass kicked.

Ive been waiting for the day someone gives me a perfectly justified reason to unleash years of pent up fury on them.

Met a kid in county doing a bullet for cracking a kid's jaw. The kid spit in his face to provoke him, but that didn't make any difference to the judge. He did a year for throwing one punch.

You can seriously hurt someone with a solid strike. And although some people deserve to be seriously hurt, the "justice" system doesn't necessarily care about who deserves what.

It's best to stay out of trouble. Take it from someone who's been in his fair share.

I avoid them in general, but especially after seriously hurting someone. Also avoided school fights because I didn't want to get expelled. I took the brunt of the punishment growing up in my house, which made me think I'm more prone to getting in trouble if I did something wrong.

Met a kid in county doing a bullet for cracking a kid's jaw. The kid spit in his face to provoke him, but that didn't make any difference to the judge. He did a year for throwing one punch.

You can seriously hurt someone with a solid strike. And although some people deserve to be seriously hurt, the "justice" system doesn't necessarily care about who deserves what.

It's best to stay out of trouble. Take it from someone who's been in his fair share.

Earlier I shared my personal philosophy that "If it ain't dying for or going to jail for, then it ain't worth fighting for."

I think I will have to amend that motto. I understand that some people do not consider being spat on (especially in the face) as reason enough to break your foot off in someone's ass, but screw that. Somebody spits in my face then all bets are off. The only way we do not engage in violence if he spits on me is if he has a firearm or he has too many of his buddies with him.

Earlier I shared my personal philosophy that "If it ain't dying for or going to jail for, then it ain't worth fighting for."

I think I will have to amend that motto. I understand that some people do not consider being spat on (especially in the face) as reason enough to break your foot off in someone's ass, but screw that. Somebody spits in my face then all bets are off. The only way we do not engage in violence if he spits on me is if he has a firearm or he has too many of his buddies with him.

Indeed. I'd almost certainly not be able to restrain myself were another man to spit on me. That, as far as I'm concerned, is a form of assault - and some courts do consider it exactly that, thankfully.

However, other courts don't necessarily care if you've been so provoked, nor do they mind throwing you in jail for a year for a just retaliation (I feel a punch to the face is fair), especially if it results in a serious injury.

My point being, it's best to focus on deescalation whenever possible. That way you're never in a position where another man may try to spit on you, and you may end up doing some time and paying a lot of money for justifiably flatlining them thereafter.

I avoid stupid situations that could result in stupid things like fights. It’s called growing up.

I grew up a tough Irish American kid in a black neighborhood. We fought every day. Almost literally. Then I got sent to a private school and believe it or not the kids were tougher. No more bs talk just tough kids. When you squared up, it was a battle. Then in college we would get into bar fights. All fun. Now? No way I’m going to work with a black eye or broken nose. Not explaining to my kids, Daddy got drunk and got punched.

I've certainly avoided altercations for this reason, but I've thrown caution to the wind too many times.

I was arrested once, but after folks around the scene affirmed it was self defense I was released. It scared the hell out of me and I've not been in an altercation since.

Yeah, I’ve always been pretty good at diffusing situations before it comes to blows. But those that I couldn’t, I was somehow able to intimidate the other guy enough that he didn’t really want to fight. They probably don’t want to in the first place really, but then get all worked up. I’ve found if you give people an excuse not to fight you, they rarely actually want to. Those that really do have to attack me at which point I consider it a matter of life and death, and nothing is off the table as far as what I will go and how far I will go.

i'm very similar

other than 1 crazy all out brawl at a club where every random person just started fighting each other back in my college days, and a couple of schoolyard fights as a child against friends or other kids I knew.....i've never gotten into an actual streetfight with some random guy i dont know

i've been in countless situations where a fight couldve happened, but i diffused it against both guys i could take and against guys/groups of guys that could kick my ass
the handful of times where the other guy insisted on escalating and i actually had to "step up" to him, he ended up being the one diffusing the situation

few years ago some asshole young Yuppie dude in a fuckin Cooper Mini started laying down his horn , flipping me off, and cursing at me when the 2 lane road came to a merge and I ended up in front of him (with proper alternating merging)
this dude seemed to be the same size as me but was metrosexualish and drove a mini cooper, so I wasnt afraid of him at all...when we got to the next intersection he kept laying his horn down at me and cursing, absolutely raging.........so i casually stepped out of my car and asked him if he wanted to pull over and discuss this since he seemed so angry...of course the guy changed his tune ,asked me "why i cut him off?", he didnt get out of his car and his body language and voice tone was in obvious dick tuck mode, the opposite of his body language just seconds before
i gave him the "Vagina" hand gesture, the few people waiting at the bus stop who witnessed this thing all chuckled, i got back in my car and drove away

the yuppie waited for other cars to get in front of him so he wouldnt have to tail me for the rest of the road lol

I've trained MMA with some great people and had 9 fights against higher level competition, even though it was years ago and I haven't sparred or trained in almost a decade I still legit fear what I would do to some normal joe in a fight, I imagine I would get in a lot of trouble for breaking some dudes arm or tearing his shoulder out of socket or tearing his knee up or something, or worse actually kill someone on accident and spend the rest of my life in prison, I'd probably die in prison somehow, this is the kind of stuff that goes through my mind when the situation of a fight arises. For me to fight someone who has never trained MMA or any combat sports is almost like it's not even a fair fight.

Back in the day we used to fight with song and dance. The consequences were simple you either lost your lady or got someone else's.

A elegant method from a more civilised age...

Back