Anybody else avoid fights due to fear of consequences?

But what happen if you don't have a choice? You're just gonna let the attacker hurt you?

Say if there's a camera nearby or bunch of witnesses, can you get away with it by law if you KO'ed the attacker?

You're a 37 year old with the emotional maturity of a 12 year old. A grown ass man getting into fights over stupid shit.

What are these moral reasons you are constantly getting into fights? You probably get drunk and can't behave yourself.
Nobody said anything about constantly and I don't drink. The last fight I got into was when I noticed a man follow my niece into the restroom at the beach.

@Loiosh be like......
<JonesLaugh>

Well, in keeping with the topic, I wouldn't want that fight to happen. He's something of a psycho, and I'm fifty, and pretty busted. My right arm and knees don't work. Assuming I can still do half the things I used to be able to do, I doubt I'd be able to defend myself without seriously hurting him. In my younger days I'd been attacked by guys much bigger than me and even though I've never thrown a punch, one person alone has never been a problem. If you know what you're doing and just want to defend yourself, it's really easy if the other guy isn't a lot better than you. You can even mix in a trip or a throw just to let the other guy know he's making a terrible mistake.

But like I said, I'm pretty busted now. I completely ruined my right arm playing badminton of all things (which makes sense, I got a concussion playing ping pong but never in the ten years I played football). I fell of a ladder onto concrete and destroyed my knees.

This guy has an insane temper though, and those guys are the easiest for a judoka. They never think about balance. Run wildly at someone swinging and chances are you end up airborne.

Well, in keeping with the topic, I wouldn't want that fight to happen. He's something of a psycho, and I'm fifty, and pretty busted. My right arm and knees don't work. Assuming I can still do half the things I used to be able to do, I doubt I'd be able to defend myself without seriously hurting him. In my younger days I'd been attacked by guys much bigger than me and even though I've never thrown a punch, one person alone has never been a problem. If you know what you're doing and just want to defend yourself, it's really easy if the other guy isn't a lot better than you. You can even mix in a trip or a throw just to let the other guy know he's making a terrible mistake.

But like I said, I'm pretty busted now. I completely ruined my right arm playing badminton of all things (which makes sense, I got a concussion playing ping pong but never in the ten years I played football). I fell of a ladder onto concrete and destroyed my knees.

This guy has an insane temper though, and those guys are the easiest for a judoka. They never think about balance. Run wildly at someone swinging and chances are you end up airborne.

Toss a bullet at him. Tell him if he keeps fucking around the next one will come a lot faster.

But what happen if you don't have a choice? You're just gonna let the attacker hurt you?

Say if there's a camera nearby or bunch of witnesses, can you get away with it by law if you KO'ed the attacker?

That would be self-defense and I personally don't consider it fighting since I don't have a choice. However, where I am from self-defense laws are retarded so in some cases it might be better to not fight back at all and just defend yourself enough to not get seriously hurt, and when the cops show up, play the victim card as much as you can. It's not uncommon here for guys to start shit, get decked, then call the cops to extort you out of money. It's why I tell my non-local friends to never get involved in fights here.

Other than a crazy person randomly throwing punches at me for no reason at all, or unless someone breaks into my house, or I see a violent crime happening in front of me, I cannot see a situation where I would ever get in a fight. Someone fucks with me at a bar? Talks shit? Who gives a fuck. I just ignore them and it's like they're not there at all.

Manlet 1, tall guy 0

reverse-1254825593_big-guy-vs-small-guy.gif

No more fights for me. Havent been in one in 15 years. I had a terrible temper but now at age 40 I see there are too many consequences to fighting, there are better ways of getting even. Plus I'd rather worry about bjs from my wife than fighting.

Toss a bullet at him. Tell him if he keeps fucking around the next one will come a lot faster.

He's not only psycho, he's an idiot. He's on the verge of starting crap with another guy in the shop who's an actual mixed martial artist who has sparred with GSP, and that guy doesn't have my reservations about hurting people.

I got into a surprising number of fights growing up because I was tall and scrawny and didn't take sh+t from bullies. My Dad said I was a "beanpole" and people thought I'd be an easy mark. I wasn't because I always dotted an eye or split a lip. The bullies found easier marks. I got a weight bench / set for Christmas at age 12. I filled out. After that people started sh+t because I was big and quiet. So I got into more fights.

Now I'm older and still a big guy so people don't give me sh+t. I have too much to lose like a house, career, and the freedom that I love. There are few reasons I'll fight now. A perceived insult or a spilled drink aren't reasons.

After sherdog I'm scared to even throw a punch in case I end up in a gif looking like Ronda
Get some!
{<RR}

I used to possibly be held back by the consequences. As time went on, and I seemingly had more to lose (career-wise), I kind of forgot about giving as much of a fuck. I don't get into fights, but it's not necessarily always abkut staying out of trouble. But I don't start shit, so anybody who makes me genuinely consider fighting them has legitimately acted like an asswhipe.

I would never hit someone full force in the head. Too many cases of bad falls from a single hit leading to death. I am not gonna risk my life like that. A kick in the stomach though...

I have done once. They guy was big, aggressive, but homeless and looked ill. I won't be pushed around, but I will always try to calm people down, apologise if I need to.

I have literally never been in a real fight and its because I have always feared authority/the consequences, even when I am sure I can beat the other guy, I just never want to be arrested because fuck all that. I will fight anybody in a gym/ring though.

1. From experience, you just dont know what the other guy knows. Only fight when you have your back against the wall and have no other viable choice.

2. Always try to walk away, you'll appreciate this once you get older.

No more fights for me. Havent been in one in 15 years. I had a terrible temper but now at age 40 I see there are too many consequences to fighting, there are better ways of getting even. Plus I'd rather worry about bjs from my wife than fighting.

I'll say this. Lawyering the other guy to death is just as satisfying if not more so than punching his face in.
I used to have a pretty poor opinion on lawyers, but now that I've lawyer'd a guy senseless I think that some lawyers are actually alright.

Paul Buentello jokes aside

I think before acting out these days. Back in my early 20s I’d have no trouble fighting and taking care of business but these days I have too much to lose.

Back