Any wow fans left?

I kept an eye on that achievement. Was stunned when i logged in on Friday that i earned it the day prior. Only issue with the storehouse now is the transmog guy constantly moves when youre talking to him, lol/

Nice! What was your method for looting gold?

Yes, that one is super tough too! Ironic that the reward for grinding the rep and getting the level 3 trade post is 20% rep again with all factions. Kinda feel like that should have been the level 2 reward. I miss the tabard rep system from wrath. That has been the best rep system so far IMO.
The WotLK style dungeon/tabard rep synergy was awesome. Wish it would come back, the one mob at a time for 5 rep each.

This morning I got my Worgen Rogue's garrison to lvl 2. It's soooo much better looking than the Horde Garrison.

The WotLK style dungeon/tabard rep synergy was awesome. Wish it would come back, the one mob at a time for 5 rep each.

This morning I got my Worgen Rogue's garrison to lvl 2. It's soooo much better looking than the Horde Garrison.

Yep, my dwarf shamans lvl 3 Garrison looks awesome. Alliance towns in general look better tho

Yep, my dwarf shamans lvl 3 Garrison looks awesome. Alliance towns in general look better tho

I prefer Undercity to Iron Forge and Thunder Bluff and Darnassus are even to me, as far as aesthetics. But Stormwind is the best looking city, imo. Silvermoon is nice as well, but SM and Exo are ghost towns. Org isn't very great.

As far as settlements go I don't really care. I like the Horde style outposts in Azeroth,they're very frontier-like. But yes in general Alliance towns, villages, and outposts have a nicer and cleaner appearance.

Orc and Dwarf Shaman definitely look the coolest. Draenei are nice. Not a huge fan of Tauren and Trolls. I wish I could change my Tauren Druid to something else... But I guess I prefer the Minotaur to the trolls.

The game is a ghost town. Everything is instanced. Why even keep the "world" part of the title at this point.

It's not a ghost town on my server but I definitely hate how everything is instanced these days. You literally don't have to leave your Garrison to gear up. I'm in almost full 640+ gear just from follower missions and blacksmithing.

I like the social aspect of the games. Even if you aren't talking to people, it's fun seeing tons of people running around doing things. I miss places like Ironforge being packed.

It seems the same thing happens to all games though. Everyone used to meet in a tunnel in East Commonlands in EverQuest. 100s if not 1000s of people server wide would meet, talk and trade there. Then they opened an auction house and killed it. No more social interaction and trading. Throw something on the auction house and log off.

As good as WoD is, it almost feels like a solo player game now.

WotLK is widely regarded as the best expansion. You sound like one of the vanilla hipsters. I played Vanilla, too. It was awesome. It wasn't anywhere close to as awesome as the game had grown to be by WotLK.

BTW, this is reflected not only by the bulk of online polls, but also in subscription rates. It continued to grow after the release of WotLK and subscription peaked and held with that expansion (over 12 million active subscriptions): not Vanilla, not BC. It wasn't until after Cataclysm had been out for half a year that the exodus began. The shit really hit the fan with MoP. They lost several million players in the matter of a few months with that expansion.

Point and click, ROFL? Maybe the way you play it, sweetheart. I have to believe that you're trolling, Jimmy.

Top PvPers carry 40+ hotkeys and use every single one in the span of an arena battle. They will fire these off at every single GCD (I think the floor was ~1s when I still played) in addition to firing off all the other abilities that aren't on the GCD. Additionally, this isn't counting macros programmed and assigned to certain keys or mouse buttons. So you're basically using every button on the keyboard your left hand can cover in addition to three modifier buttons (CTR, ALT, SHIFT) to be able to execute all these keys. Typically you're using a gaming mouse with every single one of its buttons used, too. I think the top WoWers are playing north of 150-200 keystrokes per minute. Not quite Starcraft in terms of volume, but the per keystroke decisions tend to be more consequential.

WoW is gaming at its most complex and skill-intensive. It's one of the very few Tier 1 games in that aspect.

This

I have been enjoying WoD so far.

One thing I like about WoW is the difficulty and learning curve the game has.
Too many online competitive games these days are mind numbing first to shoot first person shooters or games with 3-4 buttons.

Alot of people get turned off by WoW because of the difficulty but just say "games sucks!"

lmao

just bought a two month subscription and WoD, first time i've played since 2010
leveling a troll druid and having quite a bit of fun, never played a druid before. used to play a lot during tbc, seems like more of a singleplayer game now. kinda lonely

This expansion hasn't been doing it for me.

This expansion hasn't been doing it for me.

I don't know, I like it. My only gripe is that I don't like having to deal with multiple garrisons.

Also, a lot of old friends from years past have re-subbed. So, there's that, too.

Downed all but the last two bosses on heroic in highmaul.

Only gripe is that the gear drops for an arcane mage are low. Slowly leveling up my gear. Looks as though my crafted chest, hands and legs will be around till the next raid. Have all at 655 and waiting to get the mats to upgrade all three to 665.

Need three pieces from heroic before I even attempt mythic.

gnomedruid.jpg

lol that would be pretty awesome.

Gnomes are probably one of my favorite races. Been leveling up my gnome rogue thus far. I think its funny when they kill tauren in pvp. Gnome warriors are also pretty boss.

Got my very first Mythic Highmaul follower mission. At 91% it was a success with me receiving a Mythic Warforged belt : )

Also got in on my very first Mythic Kargath kill. Guild i was playing with then tried Twins on Mythic. It was clear after a few attempts (we did something like 25+ in total) that my gear wasnt high enough. Whispered the raid leader telling him which he agreed. However since it was a progression fight for them all he cared about was his guild mates learning the fight mechanics.

Funny thing is i beat the raid leader (who was also a mage in full heroic highmaul gear) on DPS when we downed Kargath :)

Guild's been kinda slummin' it in Highmaul, but we finally got our first Heroic Impregnator kill in tonight.

Archived video if anyone's interested ... kill attempt starts about an hour in.

^Grats!

Guild i joined was 7/7N and 6/7H when i joined the first week of January. While at that time i was 7/7N, 6/7H and 1/7M. Since then we have normal and heroic on farm an downed Mythic Twins for the first time this past Thursday.

Our attempts on Mythic Brack were hindered. For a ISP's hub went down and certain raid members were DC'd for around twenty minutes. By the time we started progressing in the fight raid time ended.

This is probably the worst expansion when it comes to initial content. There's only one raid and they admit they are holding back Blackrock Foundry, energy systems like stupid facebook mobile games, scrapped capital cities (I still don't understand this decision)

Even though this is still early in the expansion it's not looking good at all. Unless they pull out an amazing content patch I don't think I'll even play this game with the same fervour as previous expansions.

^Ashran has your factions capitol city. The amount of dailys has clearly dropped considering on what we had during MoP. Which has mostly been transitioned to garrison follower missions.

Content wise its no different than previous expansions. Time we used to spend doing dailys has been brought over to faction rep gains and or farming items for your garrison buildings.

Back