Any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders.

The issue isn't that she wouldn't fight the number 1 contender, it's that she wouldn't fight who had been offered to her repeatedly.

I am also 100% certain that both women in the 145 title fight understood that, should they win, their next opponent would be Cyborg. GDR immediately started bailing on that fight, and basically the division, so they punted her.

all this ducking started with the lil irish clown
Bisping is a good exemple too. looks like they're not much into defending in the british isles

Conor risked tons by fighting Chad Mendes on short notice when he could have just waited to rebook Aldo. That was actually one of the riskiest movies I've ever seen considering how high profile Aldo/Conor was. Bout was completely unnecessary, but Conor took it anyway.

Conor never risks anything. This Floyd fight is another no lose situation for him & taking on a side job outside of mma doesn't do anything for his mma legacy.
Had he lost the fight to hunting trip Mendes, which he almost did at one point. They would have ran it back until they had the desired result. Like when Cabo Nate choked him out. As much as Conor had a vision of a two division champ. So did the UFC. His UFC title run is on par with GDR until he defends against the best in 155.

I don't think Conors a coward. I think he has just done a much better job managing his career than other fighters do

He's ok with a few hardcore mma fans calling him a coward while he makes more money than anyone ever has in this sport

10 times more

Being a coward is selfish and often beneficial. You can argue it's okay for him to be a coward, and in the process you'd be shitting on all the hard work and sacrifices other fighters make, but you can't pretend that it's something else. Keeping a belt by not defending it is fucking cowardly. There is absolutely nothing you can say or argue to change that.

So a rematch against the guy who beat him is an easier fight than the guy who he beat?

It's funny that you think it all hinges on that question. It doesn't, but since we're playing the "answer questions with loaded question/ red herrings galore" game, Do you think Nate Diaz is a better fighter than Edgar and Aldo? Do you think the Nate Diaz rematch for no belt was more important than defending a belt against one of two extremely deserving contenders?

I'll remind you that this thread is about champs being expected to defend against contenders; it's not about them ignoring defenses in order to get pointless rematches.

Whether or not you think Nate was the bigger challenge than Edgar or Aldo is moot. You're trying to come up with an excuse as to why he ducked defending against a deserving contender, which means you agree that he ducked defending against a contender. A duck is a duck, regardless of whatever excuse you has as to why he ducked.

Last edited:
Of course. Champions never earn the right to pick and choose their opponents. Champions have an obligation to prove themselves by facing the best competition out there. Otherwise they're not champions.

Yep and they've acknowledged that its got out of hand. Dana has communicated he wants shit to get back to normal. It was a phase, once McGregs vs. MayWeather is done, th money fight era can fuck off.

It's funny that you think it all hinges on that question. It doesn't, but since we're playing the "answer questions with loaded question/ red herrings galore" game, Do you think Nate Diaz is a better fighter than Edgar and Aldo? Do you think the Nate Diaz rematch for no belt was more important than defending a belt against one of two extremely deserving contenders?

I'll remind you that this thread is about champs being expected to defend against contenders; it's not about them ignoring defenses in order to get pointless rematches.

Whether or not you think Nate was the bigger challenge than Edgar or Aldo is moot. You're trying to come up with an excuse as to why he ducked defending against a deserving contender, which means you agree that he ducked defending against a contender. A duck is a duck, regardless of whatever excuse you has as to why he ducked.
I don't see it as ducking if he's looking for a tougher, less winnable fight. Especially if it makes more sense financially.

even Mighty Mouse has turned into a ducker....
giphy-downsized-large.gif

tumblr_mh9me9eRxL1qlm8nco1_400.gif
He's been ducking 135 for years.

that was a long time ago, before we started to have irish and english "champs" that don't seem to think they should defend, or who are just ducking

Fucking exactly. Wins the 155 belt after smashing the 145 P4P number 2 in 13 seconds.

At that point takes time off to enjoy good life while his son is born.

He could come back and take another easy fight at 155.

NOPE he fucking takes on the greatest boxing fighter of all time.

Conor is what all champions should be. Sadly i think hes one of a kind.

Fucking exactly. Wins the 155 belt after smashing the 145 P4P number 2 in 13 seconds.

At that point takes time off to enjoy good life while his son is born.

He could come back and take another easy fight at 155.

NOPE he fucking takes on the greatest boxing fighter of all time.

Conor is what all champions should be. Sadly i think hes one of a kind.

If you think Floyd is the greatest boxer of all time, pass some of the shit you smoking.

Bisping and Mcgregor don't make the fights contrary to what people believe. UFC sees money to be made offers them a fight and they accept. As far as I remember Mcgregor never turned down a fight and Bisping shits on Romero because he was caught juicing.

It is different. He loses at 155 and runs down to 145 again. No loss or risk, only reward. Still he went 1 - 1 against super heavy weight Nate, lmfao and was still given an unearned shot at the weakest lw title holder ever.

Conor was taking all reward and had no risk.

He is pure coward
i think it's safe to say you're a much bigger coward than conor.

MMA tards that think fighting floyd = refusing to defend his belt

jesus christ..
Lol, thats exactly what it is. Conor knows he isnt going to beat Floyd, but he will make way more money than a belt defense, It is VERY obvious

An insanely shitty attempt at ignoring what I just said, not to mention incredibly dismissive of all the hard work and sacrifices other fighters put in that gets squandered because of Conor's selfishness and cowardice.

And no fucking way is Eddie Alvarez a tougher fight than Edgar or Aldo or Holloway. That fight was rushed through specifically because it was such an easier match up for Conor.

If you refuse to defend the belt you aren't the champion. Period. I dont give a shit what marketing gimmick paper belt Conor had going into the Eddie fight, you want to be a gullible fool then be my guest but in no way was that a legitimate "champion" vs champion match by any real definition of the term.
it's amazing the use of the word cowardice. it really is. shameful.

An utterly laughable statement. Aldo and Edgar and Holloway would mop the floor with Eddie. It's like you don't understand anything about MMA.

everyone believe rda was the toughest matchup. then eddie smashed rda. eddie became a can after conor smashed him.

Back