Any champion is expected to accept fights against the top contenders.

Weidman

Still my booooy!
@red
Reaction score
hi-res-76dbf95e4847603ee28847f9995235ab_crop_exact.jpg

123.jpg

Anyone responding to that with the Mcgregor situation is simply a dumdum

Even bisping isn't a very good counter argument.

But whatever it's sherdog

MMA tards that think fighting floyd = refusing to defend his belt

jesus christ..

Nah, they're expected to take the fight that will make the UFC the most money...

The difference is the UFC doesn't really want them to fight the top competitors. They want the money from the Bisping vs GSP and Conor vs Floyd fights.

McGregor I understand. He's a special exception.

Why isn't Bisping a good argument? I was ok with the Dan revenge fight. It's Dan Henderson FFS in his retirement fight. I even understand the GSP fight. What I don't like is after the UFC deemed it to long to wait for GSP they wanted to set up Bisping vs Romero then all the sudden we hear my knee recovery is going slow I can't fight Romero. Now we have Whittaker vs Romero for an interim title.

There was no knee recovery story when he was demanding the fight happens in July or he'd skip (nice bluff Mike) over GSP.

even Mighty Mouse has turned into a ducker....
giphy-downsized-large.gif

tumblr_mh9me9eRxL1qlm8nco1_400.gif

Except MM isn't ducking the top contender in his division. He's refusing to fight a guy that has never fought in his division over a guy in his division who he was told he had to fight until TJ whined for a title shot because Cody is out.

No pretending you are taking paternity leave while out jet setting is not defending a belt.

Conor is the biggest mma fraud second only to Ronda. Dude has 2 high level fights, one against a guy 3 times smaller, the other against a small lw who was prime to be beaten.

Strip Conor. Cowardice should not be rewarded.

even Mighty Mouse has turned into a ducker....
giphy-downsized-large.gif

tumblr_mh9me9eRxL1qlm8nco1_400.gif

Not really. In no way can Dillashaw be considered a top contender in the flyweight division. He is unranked as a flyweight and never fought at flyweight. He isn't even the champ or number 1 ranked contender in his division.

Back