Any Arabic speakers here?

I understand that, but the videos you presented isn't proof of anything. He's just saying typical Muslim Arabic phrases.

Judging from the anatomy of fighter vlog series his language fluency goes 1. Russian 2. Avar 3. English

'Most famous stars are still Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi though'.

maybe a few stars yes, but in totality, in a no win situation.
look at indian movie stars. theres 100s of them, go check their internet.

hollywood etc is tiny in reality. only pretends to be a world leader.
India and China are the leaders easily.

Number matter, and the worlds population aint on the side of the world that the ufc want .
hard to get your own way then

lol, poetic justice.

half-the-world.jpg

This video doesn't show that he speaks Arabic, all Muslims know Arabic prayers that they repeat during prayer. 95% of them don't know what those prayers mean they just know how to read Arabic so they memorize those Arabic prayers.

Because they're just like like U.S. Catholics during the Latin mass days, right? <LikeReally5>

This video doesn't show that he speaks Arabic, all Muslims know Arabic prayers that they repeat during prayer. 95% of them don't know what those prayers mean they just know how to read Arabic so they memorize those Arabic prayers.

Nope. Most of the faithful try to learn basic Arabic skills if for no other reason than to understand their own texts and a number take up Arabic even if they're from Indonesia just to read their own book. The type of sect also matters, the same way a Catholic knows quite a bit of Latin just from church songs and services but those lazy Prods can't speak a lick of it.

Don't Arabs speak Farsi or is that an Iranian thing?

Farsi is the name for Iranian. Rather bizarrely, it isn't Arabic at all. It sounds kind of silly but Iranians aren't Arabs, they're Persians. Farsi is the Persian word for Persian. You see a lot of stuff about Iranians being crazy about Islam but they don't actually speak Arabic in the first place. Farsi uses the same letters as Arabic but it's completely different language. It's not just the odd word here and there, it's the difference between Mexican Spanish and German. They use the same letters (in fact Turkish used the Arabic alphabet too until somewhat recently) but the words are nowhere near the same.

Farsi is actually closer to Turkish and by proximity Russia than standard Arabic.

If you look at his Twitter and Instagram posts (I did yesterday) and go back a year or so there's a lot more English and Russian posts than any kind of Arabic. I know most of you here are inbred MAGA types but let me elucidate you on Arabic. There's about ten different major dialects that then splinter into even more specific areas inside countries. The variances range from pronunciation differences and dropping of certain letters to complete gibberish dialect to dialect.

Khabib gained something absurd like six million followers in the last week and I'm willing to be a good chunk of that were international fans. In addition to seeing more Gulf and Maghreb words I saw people wishing him well with Quran verses (another type) from Indonesia, Turkey, Africa. Dude's blown up.

It's playing with fire but if Dana can harness some holy war shit he can take the UFC to new heights.
LOL at harnessing some Holy war ahahaha that would be insane but it would create too much tension

Nope. Most of the faithful try to learn basic Arabic skills if for no other reason than to understand their own texts and a number take up Arabic even if they're from Indonesia just to read their own book. The type of sect also matters, the same way a Catholic knows quite a bit of Latin just from church songs and services but those lazy Prods can't speak a lick of it.

Farsi is the name for Iranian. Rather bizarrely, it isn't Arabic at all. It sounds kind of silly but Iranians aren't Arabs, they're Persians. Farsi is the Persian word for Persian. You see a lot of stuff about Iranians being crazy about Islam but they don't actually speak Arabic in the first place. Farsi uses the same letters as Arabic but it's completely different language. It's not just the odd word here and there, it's the difference between Mexican Spanish and German. They use the same letters (in fact Turkish used the Arabic alphabet too until somewhat recently) but the words are nowhere near the same.

Farsi is actually closer to Turkish and by proximity Russia than standard Arabic.
Actually there are a lot of similar words between Arabic and Farsi.

The vast majority of the population in poor places like Dagestan obviously don't go out of their way nor is it convenient in their lifestyle to learn Arabic. Sure some super religious people do but that's a small minority. Almost everyone there is taught how to read and pronounce Arabic to recite the Quran from a young age, but teaching them how to understand what Arabic means is not a part of that teaching.

The ones who go out of their way to learn Arabic in order to understand what they're saying is a very very small group. It doesn't matter though, when they read the Quran there's tons of Arabic to Russian translation books for them to understand the passages.

Back during the 911 and Desert Storm 2, I think some people were insisting in WR that Iran was an Arab country.

Back during the 911 and Desert Storm 2, I think some people were insisting in WR that Iran was an Arab country.

I believe it. People say and do a lot of stupid shite when they're scared and doubly so when they're WR lunatic fringe types.

They were (and possibly still) completely unaware there's a gigantic mountain range separating Iran from the rest of the Middle East and developed independently through the 600s or so.

Who has prettier chics is the real question, Persians(my guess) or arabs

His name is Habib which means close to the heart or loved one! I speak Arabic so what do you want to know brother?
By the way I’m originally from those same lands of Habib’s so I know everything about the culture and customs there. I also know where he first trained in the US!

Last edited:
His name is Habib which means close to the heart or loved one! I speak Arabic so what do you want to know brother?
By the way I’m originally from those same lands of Habib’s so I know everything about the culture and customs there. I also know where he first trained in the US!
I just want to see how much he’s currently popular in the Middle East countries

Wanted to ask what the fuzz is in Arabic world on Khabib victory. How popular is he in the Middle East ?

Super popular. In all the Muslim world. Everybody is posting memes of him on Twitter and Instagram non stop, while he was almost unknown yesterday.

Back