Anthony Pettis- "I will finish Melendez in 1st"

Gil will control the action and exploit the awful unified MMA scoring system to win the Ultimate Wrestling Championship via UD.

Pettis will win the striking battle but will give up position to try and finish by going for subs and will lose which is unfortunate because the guy trying to finish the fight should always win a decision.

Lol Gil got ko'ed by Diego, but survived because Diego is a dummy who instead of going for the kill, went for a sloppy sub attempted.

If Diego can land on gil, then Pettis would kick his head off. I like Gil, but he's somewhat overrated IMO. Who has he really beat ? Don't throw any non ufc fighters name please, he lost to bendo, who Pettis destroyed twice. He barely got by Diego, seems like some of you are forgetting how Pettis slaughtered Lauzon, Cerrone, & bendo in 1 round !
I don't think gil can take those guy out, & Pettis did it effortlessly.

lol are you running for worst poster in sherdog with this?

Gil didn't get busted up in the Masdival fight. He won in a lopsided 50-45. And gift decision? Lol ok, Pettis was gifted the Stephens fight. Convenient short term memory ftw.

Nah brah, you better go watch the Masvidal fight again. Melendez looked like a train wreck. And Thompson beat him in the rubber match. I was cage side here in Houston for Pettis vs. Stephens. You need to lay the crack pipe down if you think Stephens won that fight.

Dumb fuck Sherdog get FTL.

melendez did not like those body kicks from diego. that just happens to be pettis's bread and butter so i wouldn't be surprised by a 1st/2nd round finish

Love Pettis but Melendez is an appropriately ranked top 5 fighter that's not just going to roll over. No way he stops him in the first although I would love to see it.

lol are you running for worst poster in sherdog with this?

I'm not wrong tho am I ?

Maybe I exaggerated the Diego fight but beating current rock em sock em Diego is not impressive at all.
Rest of what I said is true, its damb true.

No way, he may very well be holding that belt at the end of fight but no way he finishes Gil in the 1st.

This is from a huge Gil fan.

I see Pettis winning but not in the first. Then again I didn't see him submitting Benson either.

especially on a night when Benson decides to wear his BJJ gi to the cage...

"I will finish Melendez in the first. . . quarter of 2016."

If Pettis wins in 1 round he'll have fought like < 5 minutes total in the last 68 years.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/10/5/6895907/ufc-181-anthony-pettis-will-finish-gilbert-melendez-in-round-one-mma

"The fans can expect me finishing this fight in the first round. I've been out for a year and I'm excited to be back. I'm healthy, ready to fight and unfortunately, Melendez will be my first opponent after my return. I say unfortunately because I'm sure that I won't need more than one round."

Not sure about the first round but, Showtime is a beast. I pick a victory by the third for Pettis.

Melendez goes to war with a shot Diego Sanchez; Donald Cerrone and Benson Henderson can't hang with Pettis for a round.

These guys are on different levels. Pettis whenever and by whatever he wants.

Melendez is one tough dude. Anything can happen, I just don't see it though.

Melendez goes to war with a shot Diego Sanchez; Donald Cerrone and Benson Henderson can't hang with Pettis for a round.

These guys are on different levels. Pettis whenever and by whatever he wants.

yay mma fucking math...:icon_lol:

He better start training with The GOAT

Nobody's finished Melendez yet. I see a 5-rounder.

This is what came to mind reading that. But it's just Pettis trying to sell the fight. People will be disappointed when he fails to deliver and this fight goes 5 rounds.

Back