Anthony Pettis- "I will finish Melendez in 1st"

Mixedfights

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
http://www.mmamania.com/2014/10/5/6895907/ufc-181-anthony-pettis-will-finish-gilbert-melendez-in-round-one-mma

"The fans can expect me finishing this fight in the first round. I've been out for a year and I'm excited to be back. I'm healthy, ready to fight and unfortunately, Melendez will be my first opponent after my return. I say unfortunately because I'm sure that I won't need more than one round."

Not sure about the first round but, Showtime is a beast. I pick a victory by the third for Pettis.

I see Pettis winning but not in the first. Then again I didn't see him submitting Benson either.

I forgot the lightweight division actually has a champion.

Just don't get injured giving the interviews.

I hope to god that Pettis makes it to the first.

I'm damn sure he'll whoop Melendez's overrated ass. Then everyone will stop crying about how he really beat Bendo which took him 5 rounds with the skin of his teeth while having his wife bark the whole damn time from the seats.

why i do i have the sneaking feeling melendez will get a legit injury and the fight will be off

Nobody's finished Melendez yet. I see a 5-rounder.

Well, Gil did get dropped by Diego Sanchez lol.

And Pettis did finish both Cowboy and Benson in the first. That round kick to the side man.

Well, Gil did get dropped by Diego Sanchez lol.

He also got busted up by Masvidal and got a gift decision vs. Thompson in the rubber match. And after what RDA and Pettis did to Benson, Melendez's "robbery" against Bendo doesn't looks so good for him either. At this point I believe Gil's best days are behind him and it's gonna show against Pettis. The whole ring rust thing is over played. Ask Dominick Cruz and Cat Zingano how much that effected them.

That said, I don't see a 1st round stoppage. I can see a 3rd round TKO after a lot of body shots by Pettis. Gil is too damn tough to go down early like that.

If you are going to pull a McGregor, best deliver the goods. And I don't see that happening here.

Pettis should be able to finish Melendez but them Cesar Gracie kids a durable as hell

I think Pettis will win, but to me he feels like a champ who is on shaky ground. As much as I wish his style would continually prevail over the lay n pray wrestler, I think he'll struggle to retain in the LW division.

Wow very bold of him. I'm a Pettis fan and I'm hoping he wins. I like Gil as well so I'm ok with him winning.

Back