Anthony Pettis- "I will finish Melendez in 1st"

I'm damn sure he'll whoop Melendez's overrated ass. Then everyone will stop crying about how he really beat Bendo which took him 5 rounds with the skin of his teeth while having his wife bark the whole damn time from the seats.

WOW reading that was amazing!

It's cool, I kinda agree!

Its been like 400 days since i seen Pettis i cant wait any longer. I asked him on twitter the night before the Lauzon fight how does he think he is gonna win and thats exactly what he wrote 1st rd KO

Melendez is no joke. Pettis has insane kicks, but Gilbert has really good hands. This should be an interesting match-up of styles.

Pettis is definitely going to light him up badly.

Melendez has nothing to threaten him with.

http://www.mmamania.com/2014/10/5/6895907/ufc-181-anthony-pettis-will-finish-gilbert-melendez-in-round-one-mma

"The fans can expect me finishing this fight in the first round. I've been out for a year and I'm excited to be back. I'm healthy, ready to fight and unfortunately, Melendez will be my first opponent after my return. I say unfortunately because I'm sure that I won't need more than one round."

Not sure about the first round but, Showtime is a beast. I pick a victory by the third for Pettis.

Pettis is a great champion. This fight is going to be very interesting. I got Pettis via sub. Melendez could pull one out too tho. Don' sleep on him.

Somehow I doubt that. I think it'll go the distance.

Anyone who doubts the possibility of this statement is fooling themselves. Melendez did not look anywhere near the level of Pettis when he fought Diego. If that Melendez shows up it's going to get ugly in there.

No way he finishes Melendez in the first...

if he fights and wins, and gets injured again, i lose all hope in pettis

Pettis is a great champion. This fight is going to be very interesting. I got Pettis via sub. Melendez could pull one out too tho. Don' sleep on him.

Great how? He hasn't actually anything as champion.

Nobody finishes Gil in the first round. This guy is delusional.

With that kinda oversight, I wouldn't be surprised if Melendez wins the fight.

I'm damn sure he'll whoop Melendez's overrated ass. Then everyone will stop crying about how he really beat Bendo which took him 5 rounds with the skin of his teeth while having his wife bark the whole damn time from the seats.

You are right - Melendez is overrated.

14 out of thomson's 20 wins are finishes

OK but does that make him a great finisher? Who is the best fighter he has finished? Has he finished multiple great fighters?

Pettis finished Cerrone and Henderson back to back - I think you would say at their own strengths.

OK but does that make him a great finisher? Who is the best fighter he has finished? Has he finished multiple great fighters?

Pettis finished Cerrone and Henderson back to back - I think you would say at their own strengths.

Gave cerrone his first tko loss and first person to give bendo a loss by submission.

Pettis is the man yeah it sucks he is not active but i highly doubt its by choice. Hes a pro fighter he knows he has to fight but he making mad money on the side thats why all these fighters are hating.

nate and pat healy are pretty good finishes and thomson is a top level fighter...as a finisher he's obviously not at the level of Pettis though...

don't like melendez, but he is not an easy task. Pettis will have his hands full.

Back