Anthony Pettis: #2 striker in UFC?

This is a tough call, he's definitely up there but I would argue that there are more than the obvious. For example, guys like GSP aren't knockout artists but uses his strikes incredibly well to set up other things. Hunt might not be technically crisp but his power is absurd. Overeem has better striking credentials than Anderson, Ado and Pettis combined, granted the Bigfoot fight makes people think he's a washed up nobody now but that is the reality of it.

For me:
(in the UFC only)

01.) Alistair Overeem
02.) Anderson Silva
03.) Jose Aldo
04.) Junior Dos Santos
05.) Anthony Pettis
06.) Jon Jones
07.) Renan Barao
08.) Georges St-Pierre
09.) Mark Hunt
10.) Vitor Belfort

UMMMMMMM. The Alistair hype has gone to your head in a bad way. This list is all sorts of weird. GSP better striking than Belfort?? AND Machida? Hell even Erik Silva or Edson Barboza

He's good but I'm not so sure of the exact order these days, lots of potentially very good strikers around.

This is a tough call, he's definitely up there but I would argue that there are more than the obvious. For example, guys like GSP aren't knockout artists but uses his strikes incredibly well to set up other things. Hunt might not be technically crisp but his power is absurd. Overeem has better striking credentials than Anderson, Ado and Pettis combined, granted the Bigfoot fight makes people think he's a washed up nobody now but that is the reality of it.

For me:
(in the UFC only)

01.) Alistair Overeem
02.) Anderson Silva
03.) Jose Aldo
04.) Junior Dos Santos
05.) Anthony Pettis
06.) Jon Jones
07.) Renan Barao
08.) Georges St-Pierre
09.) Mark Hunt
10.) Vitor Belfort

Overeem lolwut? Dude has no quality wins at hw. K1 run was a joke. He's not a top 20 striker in mma let alone #1.

TS- I agree. Pettis does things-- especially with angles, footwork, traps, and setups-- that no one else is doing.

Aldo, who I love, will be shooting takedowns first.

I'm a huge Barao fan, but honestly, there is no way he can be considered a top 5 striker in the ufc. That's just crazy, he brawls a lot.

You can say he brawls but he does tons of damage to his opponents without taking damage himself.

Barao is underrated IMO

Pettis is a good fighter but severely overrated around here. Aldo will wreck him.

Pettis looks like he's clearly been working on his boxing, it looked excellent in his last match.

Edgar is extremely underrated here. He's easily a p4p top 5 striker

You can say he brawls but he does tons of damage to his opponents without taking damage himself.

Barao is underrated IMO

Let's not pretend Barao wasn't getting tagged by Pickett.

Let's not pretend Barao wasn't getting tagged by Pickett.

I never rewatched the fight so my memory is foggy but nonetheless Barao's striking is crisp IMO. Overeem was KTFO multiple times yet people list him. Barao is legit

thanks for the lulz - Pettis' best win is Henderson which imo he lost. He's overrated as fuck, couldn't get up from Guida. Aldo will probably kill him.

Edgar is extremely underrated here. He's easily a p4p top 5 striker

Lol not at all. He has crisp boxing but his defense is awful. Aldo was jabbing him at will.

He was soundly outstruck by Penn and Bendo in their first fights.

thanks for the lulz - Pettis' best win is Henderson which imo he lost. He's overrated as fuck, couldn't get up from Guida. Aldo will probably kill him.

Lol, yeah cos that's relevant to this thread.

For me:
(in the UFC only)

01.) Alistair Overeem
02.) Anderson Silva
03.) Jose Aldo
04.) Junior Dos Santos
05.) Anthony Pettis
06.) Jon Jones
07.) Renan Barao
08.) Georges St-Pierre
09.) Mark Hunt
10.) Vitor Belfort

Looks like ur a lil off.
Edson machida Thompson? Also Silva should be at the top of that list. Oh and can't forget gegard and le

For me:
(in the UFC only)

01.) Alistair Overeem

tumblr_mdo283BTAW1rxvuwq.gif

UMMMMMMM. The Alistair hype has gone to your head in a bad way. This list is all sorts of weird. GSP better striking than Belfort?? AND Machida? Hell even Erik Silva or Edson Barboza

You think Belfort is a better striker than GSP? Really? GSP is tied for best striker in the division with Alves. Belfort doesn't have too much technique (he isn't a great boxer, don't fool yourself), he just hits harder and faster than most of fighters.

Lol, yeah cos that's relevant to this thread.

I thought it was obvious when i said he's overrated.

It's just been spelled out for you in two sentences - You think Pettis is the #2 Striker in the entire UFC? You're nuts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back