Anthony Pettis' 1st Featherweight Opponent

Why? I get that It's a good match up but really Max has all but locked in a title shot. Why fight someone on a 3 fight skid when you're on a 9 fight winning streak? Doesn't make sense to me.
Well, that's a very good point.

I stand corrected

I think Barao is the obvious choice

Doesn't Pettis train with Yair?

Oliveira is who i would pick.

I'd like to see him against one of these guys,in the this order.

1. Conor McGregor: flashy styles flashing,wouod be amazing. I'd like to see how Pettis deals with competent boxing, and someone who also understahds striking distances well.

2. Max Holloway: Max certainly deserves better, but the wild also be an interesting striking battle.

3. Jose Aldo: Been wanting to watch this since it fell apart.

4. Charles Oliveira: Flashy grappling style meets Flashy striking style. I'd also like to see if Oliveira has evolved his game to deal with striker's a little better. Cowboy and Cub really wrecked him.

5. Chad Mendes: both on similar streaks. A win would also make Pettis a top 5 featherweight,all hope getting to test his red against the best wrestler in the division. Winning this fight would be a real confidence boost for Pettis.
" I'd like to see how Pettis deals with competent boxing" you saw that in his last fight

You want a guy on a 9 fight win streak to fight a guy on a 3 fight losing streak?

Holloway should be fighting for the title next
Absolutely. We can all say max is on a tear but hes not getting the credit he deserves, a fight with pettis would kind of put him in an undeniable position for that title fight. Also the ufc doesn't seem tonmarket him as well as the other 45ers. A fight with pettis adds star power

The days where Pettis drops straight to the top of the division are long gone.

Holloway has won 9 straight. I know Pettis is a better fighter than his record reflects and was a LW champion, but Holloway is way above him at FW. That match makes no sense.
They dont treat max like a fighter whos on a 9 fight streak , which is why i think the figjt with pettis makes perfect sense, I agree with you fornthe most part bro , I just think a pettis fight wouldnguarentee him a shot

Barao makes a lot of sense
Two former champions meeting right in the middle
Also both of them haven't looked so good lately and this fight could possibly show us the advantages of moving up/down in weight depending on who wins

Absolutely. We can all say max is on a tear but hes not getting the credit he deserves, a fight with pettis would kind of put him in an undeniable position for that title fight. Also the ufc doesn't seem tonmarket him as well as the other 45ers. A fight with pettis adds star power
Stupid. How about we have have might mouse fights someone on a 6 fight losing streak? Or have the winner of Wonderboy/Macdonald fight someone on a 4 fight losing streak

Terrible match up . Does nothing for Holloway.

Stupid. How about we have have might mouse fights someone on a 6 fight losing streak? Or have the winner of Wonderboy/Macdonald fight someone on a 4 fight losing streak

Terrible match up . Does nothing for Holloway.
At this point it seems like might mouse fighting a guy on a 6 fight losibg streak is more likely to happen theb Holloway getting a shot . Maybe u should hit up joe silva bro

I really like the proposed matchup with Charles Oliveira. Good litmus test.

Lots of ways for UFC to go here if Pettis is sincere on moving to 145.

Back