Anthony Pettis' 1st Featherweight Opponent

Do people realize Pettis is on a 3 fight losing streak? Quit suggesting fighters that could beat him. Another loss especially at a lower division would be devastating. The guy deserves a gimmie for his own sake.

I'd like to see him against one of these guys,in the this order.

1. Conor McGregor: flashy styles flashing,wouod be amazing. I'd like to see how Pettis deals with competent boxing, and someone who also understahds striking distances well.

2. Max Holloway: Max certainly deserves better, but the wild also be an interesting striking battle.

3. Jose Aldo: Been wanting to watch this since it fell apart.

4. Charles Oliveira: Flashy grappling style meets Flashy striking style. I'd also like to see if Oliveira has evolved his game to deal with striker's a little better. Cowboy and Cub really wrecked him.

5. Chad Mendes: both on similar streaks. A win would also make Pettis a top 5 featherweight,all hope getting to test his red against the best wrestler in the division. Winning this fight would be a real confidence boost for Pettis.

Swanson would be great, but they both train with Greg Jackson

Holloway needs his shot. Fuck that noise. He would blow through Pettis pretty easily at this point imo. Pettis can't deal with boxing and pressure too well. Max is too good.

Pettis doesn't even deserve to fight him

Korean Zombie's return Bout ,
I'm picking KZ by submission in the third

Holloway,. Great stand up fight, plus a win will immediately set up Pettis for a title shot or title eliminator and Pettis vs aldo, edgar or Connor if he decides to come back will be money matches for the ufc
You want a guy on a 9 fight win streak to fight a guy on a 3 fight losing streak?

Holloway should be fighting for the title next

Feed him to Doo Ho Choi

Choi.png

Holloway,. Great stand up fight, plus a win will immediately set up Pettis for a title shot or title eliminator and Pettis vs aldo, edgar or Connor if he decides to come back will be money matches for the ufc
The days where Pettis drops straight to the top of the division are long gone.

Holloway has won 9 straight. I know Pettis is a better fighter than his record reflects and was a LW champion, but Holloway is way above him at FW. That match makes no sense.

Chad Mendes so he can get his ass whooped by a Bantamweight.

This. Please this.

Barao or rematch with Guida, nothing better than that first fight where I said Guida was going to hump him and prove how overrated he is.

I'd say Barao, but I think they want Pettis to have a tune up fight at 145. Maybe a Myles Jury?

Holloway. Its the fight we want to see

Why? I get that It's a good match up but really Max has all but locked in a title shot. Why fight someone on a 3 fight skid when you're on a 9 fight winning streak? Doesn't make sense to me.

Back